Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Completionist recognition

We can see who the TRs are because they have a symbol book-ending their name. I think it would be a good idea to give completionists a different symbol so everyone can see who they are and thus rewarding them for their efforts. Double and triple completionists could have different symbols.

I have no toons who are currently completionist but I am working towards it (a long-term project that I don't expect to be finished by the end of the year).

I don't know how this would work with the Epic TRs that are due next week but I'm sure something could be worked out.

Thoughts please.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Loholt-UK View Post
    I don't know how this would work with the Epic TRs that are due next week but I'm sure something could be worked out.
    Epic TRs aren't next week. Update 20 at the earliest.

That's easy to tell, they're usually the people who aren't any good at end-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    That's easy to tell, they're usually the people who aren't any good at end-game.
    What if I'm not good at endgame... Or TRing?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    What if I'm not good at endgame... Or TRing?
    You can make up for that by being good at piking.

I disagree, I'm not completionist.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

You can make up for that by being good at piking.
    But... I don't pike well.
    I'm like a kid that's been given coke. What now? Be good at being a soulstone?

What now? Be good at being a soulstone?
    Start with that, then work on piking.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

I barely have TR'ed toons, but I agree with you.

/signed
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Community Member

I don't think Completionists need any extra "recognition". If you do it, do it for your own sense of...well...completeness You already get the feat, so its not like you don't get anything meaningful for your effort. I think all it would lead to is elitism, or at best, annoying arrogance.

/unsigned for enabling any e-peening.

Start with that, then work on piking.
    Iconics Tutorial starts you out as a soulstone, and you have to get an NPC to carry you through the quest. Then once you rez, monsters attack and you have to demand heals from the cleric NPC until all the other NPCs in your party get wiped.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I don't think Completionists need any extra "recognition". If you do it, do it for your own sense of...well...completeness You already get the feat, so its not like you don't get anything meaningful for your effort. I think all it would lead to is elitism, or at best, annoying arrogance.
    /unsigned for enabling any e-peening.
    I highly doubt this would happen on most cases. None of the many completionists I know act this way at all.
    In fact most of them never even bring it up.

Completionists deserve some more recognition than just word of mouth, and a feat they have to actually take to benefit from, and build around.
    Way back when I was a noob and I saw people with "wings" by their names I wanted to know more about it; Why did only some people have wings? How can I get wings? W-T-F(stupid censorship)is TRing?! Back then it was special to have wings. You had to earn them by actually playing a TR, and you knew anyone who had wings had to slog through extra lives. Now with Otto's and Bigby's It's hardly special anymore.
    I think it would at the least draw attention to the fact that this is something you can strive for and work towards in game.

But being a completionist still is something special, even if the feat isn't all that spectacular, and I feel these people should have some recognition. I don't think a silly little symbol next to their name would be detrimental to the game in any way.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

But... I don't pike well.
    I'm like a kid that's been given coke. What now? Be good at being a soulstone?
    Von5 is a perfect spot to practice, enter the raid and sit at the center till it's time to head to the final boss, if you can pike there you can pike anywhere. =P

Turbine should definitely make completionist easy to find. Maybe they could have confetti always falling over them in quests or having a spotlight on them at all times in the quests.

This might make some people want to be a “cool kid” and Turbine would sell Otto’s boxes like hot cakes.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by teh_troll View Post
    you can make up for that by being good at piking.
    rofl!

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Turbine should definitely make completionist easy to find. Maybe they could have confetti always falling over them in quests or having a spotlight on them at all times in the quests.

This might make some people want to be a “cool kid” and Turbine would sell Otto’s boxes like hot cakes.
    or better yet . . . make completionist actually worth the pursuit.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Maybe a nice little pink ribbon that sits over the right shoulder. That would be special
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuleAxe (Triple Completionist) | MuleSticker | MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Blerg. I hate my TR wings. If I also got some sort of Completionist Aura I'd probably make Aggrim a mule.

/only signed if optional
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Real Completionists don't stone, man.

Stones are for gimps, man.

Course, back when I was on my first completionist, we didn't have stones. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Real Completionists don't stone, man.

Stones are for gimps, man.

Course, back when I was on my first completionist, we didn't have stones. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!
    Did you walk to work up hill both ways in the middle of a blizzard with no shoes?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Did you walk to work up hill both ways in the middle of a blizzard with no shoes?
    We couldn't afford snow or hills when I was a lad! We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast