Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks MajMal for fighting the good fights and now it seems as if the ship is being righted, and sailed on a nice course to recovery.

When you get a chance, thank Kookie and Squeak. They were key parts of the CBT
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    There, you have it. A plain answer. So to the people who like to ask about guild decay when we're talking about anything other than guild decay, there's your pill. Chew on it. mmmmmmm. good pill. It's the answer you deserve for being so incredibly annoying to the rest of us.

Maj, thanks for being a straight-shooter and for, of course, the update. Looking forward to the expac. next week.
    Yeah, it's a great pill indeed. My guild has what it needed before the guild decay summer break and I am glad to see many more guilds have the opportunity to get those things.

It's great that there are no plans to return to high decay.

Every time I read the dev comments I get more and more excited about DDO!
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

side note... Neither MajMal's nor this thread (Cordovan's post) shows up in Devtracker.

Congratulations! I thought it was going to be a complete clusterfudge but I have seen the light and it is glorious. There will be blood(bugs) but for an overhaul of this undertaking, it is beyond my expectations(which were admittedly low).

There was a lot of interaction, this time. I feel like the devs really stepped it up in a big way this go around. It felt inclusive and that opinions mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbed_Servant View Post
    I REMEMBER that picture of an umber hulk dancing to Otto's Irresistible Dance!
    Yeah I was amused by it also, haven't seen that pic since last century, wow.
    Cannith: Ortarr (leader of Killer Dwarfs) - Purge Bravely - Drunkungfu Master - Ortarrdo Son of Ortarr - *others*

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    side note... Neither MajMal's nor this thread (Cordovan's post) shows up in Devtracker.
    There are some...issues...with the dev tracker that will take a web site update to fix, unfortunately. Until then, we will continue to see some weirdness with what shows up in the dev tracker.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

So when will we see Umberhulks?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Woot! We'll have the downtime announced most likely on Friday, and are still on target for Monday the 19th.

Just wanted to cast a second vote for Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. One of my all-time favorites.
    Ohhh....The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth...drool...

That's great news. Looking forward to it.

There are some...issues...with the dev tracker that will take a web site update to fix, unfortunately. Until then, we will continue to see some weirdness with what shows up in the dev tracker.
    Strangely enough, this particular post shows up. Oo
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    It soothes me to see the QA kahuna happy about the release, but I'm still very worried and quite sad about the enhancement rush.
    It's the usual system. Some people think that Turbine will try to get things right but instead they have a very tight deadline and rush things out whether they are good or not.

Precisely the same thing happened with the Eveningstar Expansion and the combat system changes. Many better changes were suggested than the improvised system that was rushed out but the devs had no time to even respond to complaints, never mind make a good combat system as the Expansion had to be out on D-Day.

This time the deadline for Shadowfell demands that the enhancement changes be forced through even though I'm pretty sure they will still be a big mess..
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    and Expedition to the barrier peaks-
    That and Temple of Elemental Evil are two of my all-time favorites.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Release notes by the end of the week-Kookie,Gazebo and I will work on them today.
    Apparently not.

Release notes during downtime on Monday it would seem.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Apparently not.

Release notes during downtime on Monday it would seem.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ted-8-16-2013)

Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

The release and the release notes look great! I would like to point out that the known issues list is still missing the fact that fragments don't drop in the epic chest when running Black Loch on any difficulty. It has been this way since U14. It's been bug reported and the topic of forum discussion many times.

It's not the most pressing issue in the game but I would love to see it make the known issues list just so I know it's not continuing to go unnoticed by the QA and dev team.

Great job with the update Turbine!
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Default Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Great! Sooo....preview week on Lammania? Let Ron et al finish up their planner so we can make better-informed decisions with our heavily-invested Live chars?

Or are we just supposed to jump in more-or-less blind with our LR+20 tokens, just trusting our theorycraft and that our chars on paper will work the way we think they will in the radically different post-EP game? :P
    Is there confirmation that we will be getting the LR+20 tokens to fix issues where I have feats that are now enhancements and vice versa, and will using said token wipe out my epic destinies?
    Valiant Accord

Quote Originally Posted by moonprophet View Post
    Is there confirmation that we will be getting the LR+20 tokens to fix issues where I have feats that are now enhancements and vice versa, and will using said token wipe out my epic destinies?
    To answer your second question, nothing is being done with epic destinies until update 20.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonprophet View Post
    You are getting the lr +20 but there are some limitations. Your best bet is to copy your character to laminia and test it out there.

It will not wipe your ED but it's always good to keep a screen print of your ED tree just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    The release and the release notes look great! I would like to point out that the known issues list is still missing the fact that fragments don't drop in the epic chest when running Black Loch on any difficulty. It has been this way since U14. It's been bug reported and the topic of forum discussion many times.

It's not the most pressing issue in the game but I would love to see it make the known issues list just so I know it's not continuing to go unnoticed by the QA and dev team.

Great job with the update Turbine!
    I will look into the current status of this and most likely add it to the Known Issues on Monday.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

I will look into the current status of this and most likely add it to the Known Issues on Monday.
    Also add to the list that the Ninja Spy capstone that gives +2 to Shuriken crit range is broken.

When examining a shuriken it shoes a crit range of 18-20x2 with the enhancement, but you only get crit confirmation rolls on 20 (or 19 & 20 if you have imp crit thrown). You should be geting crit confirmation rolls on 18-20, or 15-20 with imp crit thrown.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Hello DDO Staff,

Looking at the lastest PDF for the enhancement pass, it appears the rumors could be true, that the developers removed the very cherished new close wounds SLA?

All the favored soul feedback said please give us more SLAs.

If it has been removed, then I am very disappointed.

Please give it back.

Respectfully,
    Fawngate of Khyber

;;;;

If you feel it was too cheap, increase the cost, min class level, or whatever, but please give it back.

]]]

Sniff, over powered Sorcerers get more and more but you take away from me.
    You want happy raiders?

Think about the high level healers and please give them this cheap source of minor healing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast