Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Guild Decay- I know of no plans to change it from the way it is on live now. I heard some hallway discussions about some small decay for the top 10 levels but I don't know of any concrete plans.
    There, you have it. A plain answer. So to the people who like to ask about guild decay when we're talking about anything other than guild decay, there's your pill. Chew on it. mmmmmmm. good pill. It's the answer you deserve for being so incredibly annoying to the rest of us.

Maj, thanks for being a straight-shooter and for, of course, the update. Looking forward to the expac. next week.

Yes Lamannia is open over the weekend.
    Now that's something I've been wondering.
    Why is it that this time, Lamannia was only open during the Weekends ? Quite a few times I've found myself wanting to log there to try a few things but... it was the middle of the week, and I couldn't.
    Even right now, there's still things I'd like to check before the final last-minute TRs I have planned for my characters, but I can't.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Personally I keep asking for 2- Undermountain- done the size of a landscape and Expedition to the barrier peaks-which has to be the biggest fan service ever..but it would be SOOO cool. Then Gamma World, and Star Frontiers then Boot Hill...well, that was my tabletop campaign back in the 80's.
    Assuming you can procure the rights to them, implementing the Undermountain set, Dragon Mountain set, and The Ruins of Myth Drannorwould would be IMHO the greatest thing ever in the history of gaming. I'd gladly pay $100 to for each of those expansions to see the memories of my youth being brought to life in an MMO.

There's already great content available for D&D... I have to wonder about the costs of licensing great old content vs paying designers to generate mediocre content (sorry, last few updates have been nothing to put on a resume). I know if I had the IP to something 20 years old I'd be happy to get something for it at this point.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

It soothes me to see the QA kahuna happy about the release, but I'm still very worried and quite sad about the enhancement rush.
    I feel that at least one enhancement iteration is direly needed, but I don't have a lot of hope to see any relevant changes at all, once enhancements hit live; not, if judging by the changes made from one iteration to another, which were practically non-existent in some cases (paladins stand out).
    EDs brought my pure paladin tank back from the dusty shelf, but it looks like enhancement pass will put it straight back.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    I'd gladly pay $100 to for each of those expansions to see the memories of my youth being brought to life in an MMO.
    And that's why Eberron cant have nice things, anymore

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    And that's why Eberron cant have nice things, anymore
    I really think that isn't true at all. I would be unsurprised if what made the drastic changes to Gianthold as well as Epic in the budget was the sales of the expansion (the FR content).

<I snipped my post before submitting as I was starting to turn it into an optimistic novel of things I'd love to see added and that I'd gladly pay for if the fringe result ended up with existing Eberron content being updated and expanded>

Woot! We'll have the downtime announced most likely on Friday, and are still on target for Monday the 19th.

Just wanted to cast a second vote for Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. One of my all-time favorites.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Woot! We'll have the downtime announced most likely on Friday, and are still on target for Monday the 19th.

Just wanted to cast a second vote for Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. One of my all-time favorites.
    I vote you guys get the rights to gamma world and do some creative re-organizing of eberron using nuclear options.

It's the only way to be sure the robot menace is contained.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

I'll post a few crazy builds over the next couple of days. I'm sure you guys will surpass them in a week.
    Exciting!

TGWHTPTDWNRGG is driving me nuts.

The
    Guy
    Who
    Has
    The
    Power
    To
    Decide

What's Not or What's Next or When Next or When Not or What N....(ight?)
    Ready or Right?
    Gets
    Going or Game or Gone?

EDIT:
    What
    Name
    R....
    Gets
    Given
    ?

I will continue to amuse myself by editing this single post.
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 08-14-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    That was a cool module.

But you want something epic? Bloodstone lands. Orcus is the kind of thing we should be fighting at level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Exciting!

TGWHTPTDWNRGG is driving me nuts.

The
    Guy
    Who
    Has
    The
    Power
    To
    Decide

What's Not or What's Next or When Next or When Not or What N....(ight?)
    Ready or Right?
    Gets
    Going or Game or Gone?
    The Guy Who Has The Patience To Deal With Nerd Raging Gamer Geeks
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

It's in the can!

Gratz to the development team who did a good job over the past 8 months, and to the kobolds for being troopers and wading though the new enhancement systems, and Wheloon.
    A quick shout to Producer Rowan for smoothing out the landing and keeping a level head and quick decisions.
    A big shout out to Kookie and Squeak for an outstanding job with the alpha and beta communities. This expansion would not have happened without those two, and all the input from the community at large. Really, Squeak made the best damn reports! Kookie has an uncanny insight into the mind of the hardcore player that was really helpful with the enhancements.

So a deep breath, then torches and pitchforks next week...
    No wait...
    A deep breath then onward to glory!
    Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war!
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Hahahaha very good. Thanks! Would have been up all night.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

Why wait for the weekend to open lamania? We want to play with the new stuff now!
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Community Member

Congratulations to the entire dev team, QA and the producers on a job well done! I love the xp changes and am impressed with what a great job you did on the enhancement changes and the new content.

I am very excited about the direction DDO is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    did you say you wanted nerd rage? well since im so generous ill give you some

what always drives me nuts in these big changes updates is vague descriptions.
    "you" turbine never tells us what anyting does its "D35 roundhouse swing" so often you scratch your head so does this stack with my weapon does it replace it does the animation take 5s or 0,2s does it have a 10s time or 1s timer does it share timer with trip/stun/hastboost???. basically im often left more confused then before the description
    without details a rough description is worse then useless as its actually a verbal trap. "flavor" text often just tricks us players into assuming the wrong things, not being a native english speakers i often find myself interpreting things diffrently also which adds to my general frustration.
    its like the person who writes these have a left side lobotomy before he gets the job
    "ok your hired but were gona we need to chop of your left side of the brain first"
    "ok sure but then i want 2$ more per hour"
    "sure thing"...

feel like im flogging a dead zombie cow here that has been raised to many times. probably should just give up but hope springs eternal

I think you spelled the expansion wrong. Pretty sure it's Shadowfail.

Community Member

Yes, we are shifting our focus to doing what we do best, a few big tent dungeons instead of a ton of dungeons but most being 'popcorn'.Personally I keep asking for 2- Undermountain- done the size of a landscape and Expedition to the barrier peaks-which has to be the biggest fan service ever..but it would be SOOO cool.
    After being terribly disappointed with the systems changes, and nearly everything else to come out since Update 14, I have to say.... this sounds like fantastic news! The old quests are still 100x better than the majority of what's come out since Update 1. They just have a scope and feel to them that ~makes~ the quests feel like D&D! A return to that type of design just might get me playing regularly again, rather than just checking out if anything good has come along when there is a major change!

Community Member

Personally I keep asking for 2- Undermountain- done the size of a landscape and Expedition to the barrier peaks-which has to be the biggest fan service ever..but it would be SOOO cool.
    I fully concur. Also, add me as another vote for Umber Hulks. It is a horrible thing that they are so far missing from the game.

I love the Purple Worms that were introduced with MoTU although I was saddened that the 'swallow whole' was confined to a preset quest. Umber Hulks need to be added.

And goblins... LOTS of goblins.

(I would love an undermount done the size of a landscape with tons of randomness).

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Default New Enhancement System

*snip*
    As for the enhancement system. I'll admit I was dead set against it.(QA and caution) BUT now with testers sharing crazy builds and generally having a good time finding all the new loopholes for uber builds in the system...I've come around and I'm pretty excited about it.Testers never get excited about anything. I understand the long time hardcore being upset--it's how I felt with ED day in City of Heroes many years ago--but please try not to knee jerk.I didn't back then, and that change was better for the game in the long term, and ended up with people making far more interesting builds than pre-ED.

There is some new interesting things in here...and yes there are some older builds that can be busted. Overall this is good for the game...good for new players, good for you guys--something to play around with--and good for us because updating the system now is trivial compared to the old way. Remember nothing is set in stone in an MMO. If this that or the other makes the fans mad, we can change it.We are absolutely listening, we know how risky this is. MMO's are like water, not concrete, in the way of skills and such there is nothing we cannot fix/adjust/revamp/replace.
    *snip*
    Overall, I agree that I think the new enhancement system will be better. However, there are a few things that would make it even better. 1) At least for Racial trees, do not require selection of "core enhancement 1" to unlock the tree - OR - set the cost for "core enhancement 1" to zero AP. (Actually, IMO this should be the case for all trees, but I can better understand the 'unlocking' requirement fro class tress, but that should not be the case for racial trees). 2) At least for racial trees, get rid of the "AP spent 'in tree''" requirements and allow ALL AP spent (in any tree) to count in the racial trees. (I actually strongly disagree with the "AP spent" mechainic in general, but I know that's not going away - the "in tree" requiremnet is going to KILL racial tree use - at least for me it will, because the it makes the few things I do want way too cost prohibitive [specifically, HUMAN tree, which 17 of 18 toons are]).

I'd also like to see some kind of "conjure bolts" ("create bolts"?, "craft bolts"?) for high level rogue-mechanics.

As well as a few other things.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast