Thread: Toughness Feat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Toughness Feat

I have acquired the toughness feat multiple times and the epic toughness feat. I wanted to trade out some of my toughness feats to add in some new things for the toon. When I speak with Fred though, it only gives me the option to replace the Epic Toughness feat which I actually would like to keep. Is this a bug? Is this WAI? Is there away around it without reincarnating?

Fred won't let you exchange any feat that is a prereq for another feat. He only shows you the "top level" feats.

Because you have multiple toughness feats you ideally should be allowed to trade one out. But Fred is a simple Mind Flayer; he sees Epic Toughness in your feat list so won't let you swap out any prereq feats for it. Which includes all of your toughnesses.

The workaround is to swap out Epic Toughness for something else, then swap out one of your regular toughness for what you want, then you can swap Epic Toughness back in. Long, slow and painful but it works.

However, you get a free LR+20 token on Monday, so just wait for that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Fred won't let you exchange any feat that is a prereq for another feat. He only shows you the "top level" feats.

Because you have multiple toughness feats you ideally should be allowed to trade one out. But Fred is a simple Mind Flayer; he sees Epic Toughness in your feat list so won't let you swap out any prereq feats for it. Which includes all of your toughnesses.

The workaround is to swap out Epic Toughness for something else, then swap out one of your regular toughness for what you want, then you can swap Epic Toughness back in. Long, slow and painful but it works.

However, you get a free LR+20 token on Monday, so just wait for that.
    so what you are saying here, is that it is yet another bug that will be put somewhere on their exhaustive list of things to one day possibly consider having a meeting to kick around the crazy idea of possibly wonder if maybe they should address one day? got ya.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alcedes View Post
    so what you are saying here, is that it is yet another bug that will be put somewhere on their exhaustive list of things to one day possibly consider having a meeting to kick around the crazy idea of possibly wonder if maybe they should address one day? got ya.
    This is Toughness specific. I switch out double feats all the time with ranger builds. It very well may be fixed on Monday.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    This is Toughness specific. I switch out double feats all the time with ranger builds. It very well may be fixed on Monday.
    It'll be "fixed" by people using their free LR to get rid of Toughness and never taking it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
    It'll be "fixed" by people using their free LR to get rid of Toughness and never taking it again!
    You mean you'll never take it. It's still 30hp for me ;P