Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

4 things would make me happy about hires and the rest would be gravy

1) AI awareness. do as they are told and not as they want. stay. heal me. heal yourself. come. follow. get out of the trap.

2) quicken. cool down is too long for single casting, especially with multiple players in the group.

3) get off my ass. you are taking too much unnecessary damage. the spell radius is bigger than right behind me. my own shadow gives me more space than the hire does.

4) pathing sucks. the trap box is in front of you but you have to run around the pillar and zig zag sliding on the floor to get to the box? must you stand IN the trap to get the box? stand 1 foot to the left please. hires do a slide dance around the shrine before actually shrining or they stop and you get an error message that the shrine is too far away.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Hirelings do have some limited A.I. abilities to recognize when sp is low and to restore it. All you have to do is watch them chug all their mana pots down right after the first encounter in a quest, when they have used 10% of their sp.
    Heh yeah I know, but they're just a mana battery anyway - whats it really matter if they use all their DVs on you early, or late? You get the same flat amount of extra SP either way.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Heh yeah I know, but they're just a mana battery anyway - whats it really matter if they use all their DVs on you early, or late? You get the same flat amount of extra SP either way.
    It matters a heck of a lot actually!

I use a DV Hireling strictly when I'm low {usually when I'm empty} to bring me back up - This way I get 500 extra SPs {can be as much as 6-700 depending on the Hire}.

Whereas if they start DVing me every opportunity they get from 90% downwards {basically I'm only half way thru buffing at this point:

1) I can't remove my Cunning Trinket / Wizardry Sceptre once finished Buffing!

2) I don't notice the SPs and when I hit Zero am stuck with no recourse!

And as Festus said - They currently WASTE their Mana Pots - Larafay for one is absolutely amazing early in a quest but will have NO Mana Pots left by the time you hit the first shrine - So runs out of SP way too fast from that point onwards!

Their AI simply isn't good enough to give them the choice on Buffs or DVs!

And I specifically noted that they should be given a MINIMUM SP total where they STOP Buffing themselves {I think I put it at 25% of Maximum SPs} so that they wouldn't keep buffing down to zero SPs and would still have points left for healing etc.

Oh and if you want to go afk in quest - Just Stick Hire on PASSIVE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12