Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default ED and shadowfell

Pardon if this has been hanshed before, but I did not see anything...

I have never hit 25 yet, though close, at 23. I have heard about farming XP at level 25, where you can repeatedly run the same quest (until your eyes pop out) and get nice XP per run with no diminishment of XP after multiple runs of the same quest. Will this change (other than having to get to level 28!) with the release of Shadowfell?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptEHCJ View Post

I have never hit 25 yet, though close, at 23. I have heard about farming XP at level 25, where you can repeatedly run the same quest (until your eyes pop out) and get nice XP per run with no diminishment of XP after multiple runs of the same quest. Will this change (other than having to get to level 28!) with the release of Shadowfell?
    Yes. Xp farming will die.
    Completely and utterly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Yes. Xp farming will die.
    Completely and utterly.
    XP farming will change due to the XP ransack mechanic. You will need to spread your hustle, brizzo.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    XP farming will change due to the XP ransack mechanic. You will need to spread your hustle, brizzo.
    I was under the impression that repetition counters still stopped at cap. So the Quest ransack mechanic would not affect capped characters. Is not the case?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    I was under the impression that repetition counters still stopped at cap. So the Quest ransack mechanic would not affect capped characters. Is not the case?
    I am sure someone has tested that specific aspect of the new mechanic, but I have not. Sorry.

Perhaps there is some info about it in the Lam fora?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Hero

Honesty I think people were too busy messing with the EP and new quests to really delve into it. At least I haven't heard of anyone testing it. Knowing a few people on the forums, someone will attempt to hit cap 2 hours after release so we will hear soon enough! (er, with the XP ransack that would be a week* now, sorry bout that!)

*Turbine Cheerleader Number Crunchers save yourself a aneurysm, I am just tossing out relative time frames to prove a larger point.

It will slow down. You cannot deny that.
    It will be a PITA to level off-detinies (such as Magister on a fighter). It's bad enough as is.

Community Member

It will slow down. You cannot deny that.
    It will be a PITA to level off-detinies (such as Magister on a fighter). It's bad enough as is.
    It already is a PITB for those that choose that shortcut. It really didn't occur to me to check whether the new Ransack mechanic will be suspended at cap, and I don't know whether anyone else did, either. If the counter still stops at cap, then no worries.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

It already is a PITB for those that choose that shortcut. It really didn't occur to me to check whether the new Ransack mechanic will be suspended at cap, and I don't know whether anyone else did, either. If the counter still stops at cap, then no worries.
    Well. To be argumentative...
    We still need a quest that we can farm w/o penalties. D:

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Clearly it's all a plot to sell more Keys of Fate so people will skip the "spacer" EDs which really drag out the grind!

</tinfoil hat>

Community Member

I am guessing there will be several quests to farm w/o penalties.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Worst case is you hold at level 26 and then you can farm Impossible Demands on hard at a 10% penalty, or Rusted Blades on hard with no penalty.

You have to move to hard, but it would still be a good xp/time option.

I didn't check on Lammania, but I doubt that the repetition counters stop at max xp any longer. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt that they would rewrite the quest xp decay code and not fix that hole.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Bump -- anyone not busy with exams/school work can plz check on lama now?

Bump -- anyone not busy with exams/school work can plz check on lama now? Thanks in advance! Cheers! :P! !

Greatly appreciated(Check that the xp ransack/decay applies at cap or does not apply at cap?)
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptEHCJ View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what hanshing is , but it sounds bannable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    Bump -- anyone not busy with exams/school work can plz check on lama now? Thanks in advance! Cheers! :P! !

Greatly appreciated(Check that the xp ransack/decay applies at cap or does not apply at cap?)
    Just ran a capped toon through the same quest on EN.

First time: 120%
    Second: 100%
    Third: 80%

Conclusion: Capped XP no longer pauses quest repetition counter. Spread your hustle.

N.B. Can run once on each difficulty plus one without ransack.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 08-16-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

not quite correct.

Quest repetition counter is still paused at cap, but quest ransack ignores this counter for the purpose of ransack penalties.

So ransack will apply to capped toons, but repetition counter will remain paused until next cap raise, which is good and not broken

( have screenies if desired )

Community Member

not quite correct.

Quest repetition counter is still paused at cap, but quest ransack ignores this counter for the purpose of ransack penalties.

So ransack will apply to capped toons, but repetition counter will remain paused until next cap raise, which is good and not broken

( have screenies if desired )
    How does this differ? Is there another function besides quest xp mod?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

How does this differ? Is there another function besides quest xp mod?
    Well, I'm not really sure. In the old (well, the current) system, whenever the cap is raised, the repetition counter becomes unpaused, meaning that running those quests you may have been saving to farm at cap would accrue rep penalties, which would then stick... But now that repetition penalites reset after a couple days, I'm not clear on whether accumulated repetitions while uncapped have any real bearing...

From my screenies, the rep counter still exists on the xp report, and is indeed paused at cap... so I'm not sure if that counter actually has any meaning any longer...

Community Member

Well, I'm not really sure. In the old (well, the current) system, whenever the cap is raised, the repetition counter becomes unpaused, meaning that running those quests you may have been saving to farm at cap would accrue rep penalties, which would then stick... But now that repetition penalites reset after a couple days, I'm not clear on whether accumulated repetitions while uncapped have any real bearing...

From my screenies, the rep counter still exists on the xp report, and is indeed paused at cap... so I'm not sure if that counter actually has any meaning any longer...
    Well, either way, I stand corrected re my use of the term 'repetition counter'. That was careless of me, since I do not know whether it has any further effect.

My mission was to determine whether ransack affected capped toons, and report my results for those who do not have access/time to find out directly. Overall, I think this will be a good thing, or at least not nearly as traumatic as having to respec every toon for the new ep. lol

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

My mission was to determine whether ransack affected capped toons,
    Yup, and well done. All I really added was confusion. Though, it'd be nice if that didn't stem from a legacy counter left behind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast