Community Member

Default Epic destinies wipe

So, what is the lastest news on this? I understand it was postphoned on next update, that comes out after the expansion, but what is the status?

I heard (may be a rumor) that if I max the destiny completely, even beyond the point where it gives Twists, I will keep it. Truth or false?

Am I still gonna loose em all upon heroic TR?

Or any other stuff to know about?

Have all EDs "Maxed" (All on level 5, only two with no more exp to gain though) and would actually prefer to keep em...

Then again, if I will loose them all anyway after non-mandatory epic TR, I prolly dont care that much.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Producer Rowan confirmed total wipe isn't on the cards.

See DevTracker for exact post.

Was never going to be for U19 so it's not postponed, was always for U20.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

Ah, thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

Did he confirm that? I thought all he said was that the devs definitely understand how the playerbase feels about total ED wipe on TR - but he specifically did not want to take anything off the table for the dev team yet.

I'd be surprised if they did try to implement the old system with no real changes, but I also would be surprised if there wasn't some form of ED attrition when you TR. What that might be, though, is purely speculative at this point.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Did he confirm that? I thought all he said was that the devs definitely understand how the playerbase feels about total ED wipe on TR - but he specifically did not want to take anything off the table for the dev team yet.

I'd be surprised if they did try to implement the old system with no real changes, but I also would be surprised if there wasn't some form of ED attrition when you TR. What that might be, though, is purely speculative at this point.
    Yes he did.

Oh ye of little faith and weak search-fu. It's his post near the bottom of the first page of the dev tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Wiping all ED XP might have made some sense if we made it part of the system a year ago, but you folks have made it quite clear that we're past that point.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Have all EDs "Maxed" (All on level 5, only two with no more exp to gain though) and would actually prefer to keep em...
    Congratulations! According to the Devs- you're one of the "8 or so" people who have actually maxed out all the ED's and so the wipe would only affect a "very small segment".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    So, what is the lastest news on this? I understand it was postphoned on next update, that comes out after the expansion, but what is the status?

I heard (may be a rumor) that if I max the destiny completely, even beyond the point where it gives Twists, I will keep it. Truth or false?

Am I still gonna loose em all upon heroic TR?

Or any other stuff to know about?

Then again, if I will loose them all anyway after non-mandatory epic TR, I prolly dont care that much.
    The devs will get back to use a few weeks after U19 about epic TR. It sounds like they are moving in a different direction based on customer feedback.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    Congratulations! According to the Devs- you're one of the "8 or so" people who have actually maxed out all the ED's and so the wipe would only affect a "very small segment".
    The thread that posted that quote was closed and it appears the actual quote was taken out of context and didn't include important follow-up comments.

He was referring to the previously proposed system which would require an epic TR to max out each destiny. Obviously that doesn't even apply since they are taking a fresh look at it.

But I do think the players should stop using this quote since it was taken out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    The thread that posted that quote was closed and it appears the actual quote was taken out of context and didn't include important follow-up comments.

He was referring to the previously proposed system which would require an epic TR to max out each destiny. Obviously that doesn't even apply since they are taking a fresh look at it.

But I do think the players should stop using this quote since it was taken out of context.
    So he was writing about the epic tr that isnt even in the game yet?
    So how could 8 people do it if nobody has access to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Serious amounts of skill.
    Definitely WAI though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Find Cordovan's post in the dev tracker. he was responding to messages about the newly proposed system which is now off the table. It would obviously be much harder to cap and lock every destiny under that system.

He never referred to past tense. He never said only 8 people capped destinies under the existing system - that was Cordovan's point in his response.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5053401
    Last edited by unacceptable; 08-13-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Community Member

Well, they only said there will be no ED wipe...

So, they will give us some compensation... even giving a glittering dust (collectible) is a kind of compensation, so you couldn't call "wipe" anymore. In our case they will give us xp tokens for the ED xp, but of course not on a 1:1 ratio. So, after TRing, you will have some xp tokens (based on your ED xp), but your EDs will be cleaned, and have to re-grind it, or you can use the tokens to fill them again (you can not reach the same amount of xp, 'cause the non 1:1 ratio).

So, technically, it's not a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by RicSp01 View Post
    Well, they only said there will be no ED wipe...

So, they will give us some compensation... even giving a glittering dust (collectible) is a kind of compensation, so you couldn't call "wipe" anymore. In our case they will give us xp tokens for the ED xp, but of course not on a 1:1 ratio. So, after TRing, you will have some xp tokens (based on your ED xp), but your EDs will be cleaned, and have to re-grind it, or you can use the tokens to fill them again (you can not reach the same amount of xp, 'cause the non 1:1 ratio).

So, technically, it's not a wipe.
    Your paranoia is unfounded. The original plan came with "compensation" for the ED wipe - you would get one heroic rank for each ED level you were losing. So losing 55 ED levels would mean you TR'd to rank 55. This was a compensation, but in no way a fair compensation, and that's why the feedback was so negative, and that's what prompted Rowan's reply. So no - his statement doesn't mean "we'll take away all your ED XP and give you a collectable in return".