Community Member DeathbringerGod's Avatar

Default One Feature that would be good to have on DDO

Hello.
    I think a feature we are missing in DDO is something to mark a location on the map (a location to a optional, an unopened chest,secret door etc) , could be any location of importance. Mark with different colors or something? I don't know if someone has played Castlevania: Curse of Darkness? It has a feature like this one I'm proposing.

Greetings!
    KHYBER Server
    Velhaart
    [2nd Life] (lv 4 Human Fighter), Deathbrngr [2nd Life] (lv 4 Drow Fighter), Shinigammi (lv 28 Drow Monk), Kriegwolf (lv 28 Dwarf Barbarian), Panzerdath (lv 28 Warforged Fighter), Edvaard (lv 28 Human Paladin), Thengwar (lv 28 Drow Bard), Aorlhac (lv 10 Half-Orc Fighter), Scythelord (lv 6 Human Wizard), Toumass (lv 4 Human Druid), Krieglord (lv 15 Bladeforged paladin), Xeerloth (lv 7 Warforged Artificer), Aldahr (lv 15 Shadar-Kai Rogue), Edarim (Lv 15 Sun Elf Cleric), Ianvenn (lv 7 Half-Elf Ranger), Chrometank (lv 7 Warforged Wizard),
    Erwynd (lv 7 Human Favored Soul), Naghaar (lv 7 Drow Warlock)

Community Member

/signed

Would love something like this. Even thought about it meself!

Quote Originally Posted by skaught78 View Post
    /signed

Would love something like this. Even thought about it meself!
    I wonder if the devs have thought of something like that or not, they should haha
    KHYBER Server
    Velhaart
    [2nd Life] (lv 4 Human Fighter), Deathbrngr [2nd Life] (lv 4 Drow Fighter), Shinigammi (lv 28 Drow Monk), Kriegwolf (lv 28 Dwarf Barbarian), Panzerdath (lv 28 Warforged Fighter), Edvaard (lv 28 Human Paladin), Thengwar (lv 28 Drow Bard), Aorlhac (lv 10 Half-Orc Fighter), Scythelord (lv 6 Human Wizard), Toumass (lv 4 Human Druid), Krieglord (lv 15 Bladeforged paladin), Xeerloth (lv 7 Warforged Artificer), Aldahr (lv 15 Shadar-Kai Rogue), Edarim (Lv 15 Sun Elf Cleric), Ianvenn (lv 7 Half-Elf Ranger), Chrometank (lv 7 Warforged Wizard),

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

Some work on the maps and character dots would be enormously helpful.

If I click on a party members bar, it would be nice if the minimap had an arrow pointing to their location. Anyone playing a healer, particularly in a raid, would know how helpful this could be. Unlike most veteran DDO healers, I want people to survive, and will actively run towards them if they're out of spell range. Unfortunately I don't know where they are most of the time, and they usually die before I can open my map and hunt for their blue dot.

Being able to set a marker on the map would be infinitely useful, as well. I'd use it all the time in wilderness areas.

I spoke with some devs on a Lamannia event of this feature and they agree that would be a great idea, so we only have to wait that they put it into work.

And yes, what you say for the healers and people that want to follow an specific party member, would be good something like that
    KHYBER Server
    Velhaart

Quote Originally Posted by MangLord View Post
    Some work on the maps and character dots would be enormously helpful.

If I click on a party members bar, it would be nice if the minimap had an arrow pointing to their location. Anyone playing a healer, particularly in a raid, would know how helpful this could be. Unlike most veteran DDO healers, I want people to survive, and will actively run towards them if they're out of spell range. Unfortunately I don't know where they are most of the time, and they usually die before I can open my map and hunt for their blue dot.

Being able to set a marker on the map would be infinitely useful, as well. I'd use it all the time in wilderness areas.
    I'm not sure if you know this but...I also play healers and I make use of an existing in game system.

In the tiny round map (sorry, I don't know what it's called), you can mark a particular toon. If you click on their blue dot you can give them a yellow outline. That shows they've been marked. Then, where-ever they run in the map, you get a yellow arrow pointing to them. It's particularly helpful in raids like Lord of Blades and The Fall of Truth where there's a lot of running in all directions.

I regularly use this feature when I'm assigned to heal a specific tank. It can be hard to mark them if everyone is standing in a pack, so in guild runs I actually ask my tank to step to one side as part of the pre-raid buffing and position assignments (they're all used to this). In PUG raids I usually just wait till the group splits up on their own.

It's a little primitive but it does work.

I do think the OP's suggestion is a good idea. I just wanted to point out there's a useful option for healers.

/signed
    +also allow for party members to mark each other's map (and instal filters in-case they are trolls)
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP