Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for an old build

A few months ago when I was playing this game I was following a build that I found on here. Looking to start playing again and would like to continue my character that I was originally playing. I looked for the build but couldn't find it, can anyone help me? It was a 1 Rogue/19 Paladin build for newer players. If someone could find that for me that'd be great!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenJason36 View Post
    A few months ago when I was playing this game I was following a build that I found on here. Looking to start playing again and would like to continue my character that I was originally playing. I looked for the build but couldn't find it, can anyone help me? It was a 1 Rogue/19 Paladin build for newer players. If someone could find that for me that'd be great!!
    Was it 19/1 or 18/2? Only asking because 19/1 does not look familiar to me so I don't understand the concept of it. 18/2 gives you evasion and OL abilities and is often referred to as "Repentant Pally/Rogue" or some similar nickname.

Was it this? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/395133 (18/2, not 19/1)
    19/1 sounds very unusual, unless it was for UMD only? :\

If it wasn't the build I linked... I still recommend it. Evasion is worth more than 1 more paladin level, and that build is very solid for new players. (Paladins are hard to kill in general, and evasion makes it more resistant to death)

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Was it 19/1 or 18/2? Only asking because 19/1 does not look familiar to me so I don't understand the concept of it. 18/2 gives you evasion and OL abilities and is often referred to as "Repentant Pally/Rogue" or some similar nickname.
    Yeah I think it was 18/2. My bad.

@soulfurnace That was the build! Thanks so much. One question though, is this build still relevant or have there been any new updates that make it outdated?

@soulfurnace That was the build! Thanks so much. One question though, is this build still relevant or have there been any new updates that make it outdated?
    Still relevant, but enhancement pass is coming in a few days, meaning all the enhancements will be different.
    All in all, still viable, but enhancement trees will be weird. I can't imagine what I'd do with a paladin+rogue enhancement wise. Lots of options ^^

I've just about finished redoing that pally build. There is one last big debate I'm having (with myself) choosing between how to spend the last 8 or so AP. I plan to post the updated build to a new thread sometime this weekend, linking to it from the old thread.

It will become 16/2/2 pally/rogue/ranger, btw. Those two ranger levels add a lot; not only will it be new player friendly but it will also be a viable EE build. (The current version is not.)

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I've just about finished redoing that pally build. There is one last big debate I'm having (with myself) choosing between how to spend the last 8 or so AP. I plan to post the updated build to a new thread sometime this weekend, linking to it from the old thread.

It will become 16/2/2 pally/rogue/ranger, btw. Those two ranger levels add a lot; not only will it be new player friendly but it will also be a viable EE build. (The current version is not.)
    Thanks for updating the build EllisDee. 16/2/2 sounds really fun. Would I need to start over my character for your new build to work. I don't remember what level I was, somewhere around 3-5. I have no problem starting my character over, but would like to know if I can just continue from where I'm at now.

Thanks for updating the build EllisDee. 16/2/2 sounds really fun. Would I need to start over my character for your new build to work. I don't remember what level I was, somewhere around 3-5. I have no problem starting my character over, but would like to know if I can just continue from where I'm at now.
    When the enhancement pass goes live, every existing character will get a free LR+20 heart of wood in their inventory to do a full respec. So you'll be fine no matter what.

When the enhancement pass goes live, every existing character will get a free LR+20 heart of wood in their inventory to do a full respec. So you'll be fine no matter what.
    Oh, that's awesome! Thanks a lot. Ill definitely be following that build!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Why 16 / 2 / 2 rather than 15 / 3 / 2? Seems like the extra rog lvl would add more than pal 16.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Why 16 / 2 / 2 rather than 15 / 3 / 2? Seems like the extra rog lvl would add more than pal 16.
    As far as I can tell it's a difference of longer divine favor & zeal vs 1d6 sneak attack. (Bringing the build from 2 or 3d6 to 3 or 4d6 sneak attack.) Is that a no-brainer choice for the sneak attack, do you think? (I kinda like longer buffs, but it's only a 6 or 12 second difference depending if you want to run EEs or not. EE takes quicken instead of extend.)

Part of the issue I have with sneak attack is that I ended up taking +75% threat generation. Not on purpose; they were required prereqs for +3 to all saves. So I was leaning toward just settling for 2d6 sneak.

Community Member

Hm, interesting? Seems to me that pal 16 adds... +1 to fort save, 3rd l2 spell slot, and 15 sp?

Rogue 3 gets +1 fort AND will, +1d6 SA, and +1 saves against traps. Ranger 3 would be +1 will save and diehard, so rather less.

Then again, some of the ml3 ranger enhancements in the new system look nice... not necessarily for this build (given that I don't know what it'll look like, heh) but certainly for my bard project (here), haven't looked at how the 80 AP budget might go for that yet... other than that I'd like to have some of the low-level enhs from all three ranger trees, which I think still won't be possible?

(Can we still completely reset enhancements every few days after the update with some plat, even changing which trees to take enhancements from?)
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

As far as I can tell it's a difference of longer divine favor & zeal vs 1d6 sneak attack. (Bringing the build from 2 or 3d6 to 3 or 4d6 sneak attack.) Is that a no-brainer choice for the sneak attack, do you think?
    Well, I was also looking at the T3 rog enhs to see if there's anything worthwhile. E.g., W&S Mastery is now a T3 Mechanic enh; if you want to go DEX-based TWF, it also gets you Dagger in the Back (Assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Hm, interesting? Seems to me that pal 16 adds... +1 to fort save, 3rd l2 spell slot, and 15 sp?

Rogue 3 gets +1 fort AND will, +1d6 SA, and +1 saves against traps. Ranger 3 would be +1 will save and diehard, so rather less.
    That seems pretty compelling; I think I'm sold. You mention enhancements but they're pretty set in the pally trees. I don't see much changing regardless what class is taken after 15/2/2:

37 kotc
    23 sacred defender
    6 deepwood stalker (+75 devotion)
    4 arcane archer (echoes of power, +100 mana)
    4 tempest (+3 reflex, +3 vs traps)
    3 assassin (+1d6 sneak attack)
    3 human (10% amp, damage boost)
    ---
    80 AP

(Can we still completely reset enhancements every few days after the update with some plat, even changing which trees to take enhancements from?)
    Yes; there appears to be no timer at all. Meaning you can rapid-fire respec if you like. As far as I can tell, the costs don't even increase. There's a fixed price for resetting a single tree, or resetting all trees. All trees cost twice as much as one tree.

This is what I remember from using the system on lama but not specifically paying attention to it, so I could be mistaken. That's the general gist, anyway.

if you want to go DEX-based TWF
    Hmmm, the new version will definitely be able to go TWF if desired; I'll be sticking with THF but I'll try and put together a TWF version as well.

Community Member

Yes; there appears to be no timer at all. Meaning you can rapid-fire respec if you like. As far as I can tell, the costs don't even increase. There's a fixed price for resetting a single tree, or resetting all trees. All trees cost twice as much as one tree.

This is what I remember from using the system on lama but not specifically paying attention to it, so I could be mistaken. That's the general gist, anyway.
    Excellent.

37 kotc
    23 sacred defender
    6 deepwood stalker (+75 devotion)
    4 arcane archer (echoes of power, +100 mana)
    4 tempest (+3 reflex, +3 vs traps)
    3 assassin (+1d6 sneak attack)
    3 human (10% amp, damage boost)
    ---
    80 AP
    And you do seem to have some of each ranger tree in there, too - well, that being allowed probably makes things much easier for some of my toons.

...hm, from my reading of the PDF I grabbed from some thread, I thought the AA sp enhancements would stack... maybe I'm just confused.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Hmmm, the new version will definitely be able to go TWF if desired; I'll be sticking with THF but I'll try and put together a TWF version as well.
    I've been trying to come up with a DEX-based elven paladin build I like; I was thinking something like pal 15 / rgr 3 / monk 2 w/TWF+MS, kinda like Pyrene, only gimped by yours truly. :P But that's a discussion for another thread, I think...

I've been trying to come up with a DEX-based elven paladin build I like; I was thinking something like pal 15 / rgr 3 / monk 2 w/TWF+MS, kinda like Pyrene, only gimped by yours truly. :P But that's a discussion for another thread, I think...
    Yep; if you create another thread I'd be happy to help toss ideas around.

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    ...hm, from my reading of the PDF I grabbed from some thread, I thought the AA sp enhancements would stack... maybe I'm just confused.
    My testing showed you don't get the 80 SP from the granted Magical Training feat but you do get Echoes of Power. I just want it for the echoes effect, though; I would pay 4 AP for Echoes and nothing else. Getting 100 SP out of the deal is a bonus.

For a pally build, echoes means you never run out of a) divine sacrifice, b) un-extended divine favor, and c) un-meta'd Cure Serious. Total win.

Grrrr.

I planned out the whole enhancement layout last weekend, then noticed that the Sacred Defense stance doesn't require a shield for the first 3 tiers. Getting excited, I redid all the enhancements today during a 4 hour power outage. (Gah! Good thing I printed out that pdf.) Got it all set, was super excited for the build. Minutes after I finished updating my spreadsheet for the final enhancement schedule I went for a smoke and realized...

...Sacred Defense stance prevents Adrenaline. Nooooooo! Total build fail. So now I have to redo the enhancement schedule again, for a third time. Which takes me like 2 hours each time. Stupid unrageable stance. Grrr.

On the plus side, I find coming up with enhancement schedules fun. But man that blows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast