Thumbs down Please remove the Astral Shard UI from the lower right corner...

...or at least let VIP players remove it via the options window! I don't normally write these kinda posts, as I generally love the game. The enhancement update is awesome and can't wait to see it...but why...for all that is holy and good, do you feel the need to shove the astral shard box in our face by sticking it in the main window? I loved the original location, right next to the platinum in your character window. It was unobtrusive and gave us the option to purchase AS's if we wanted, without being all "BUY ME BUY ME." This is a very bad and typical F2P-style move. I know many of you will say, just put one of your action bars over it, it'll hide it. Yah it does, for the most part...but at random times it'll just appear in the foreground on top of the action bar. Nothing worse than trying to click for a health potion, just to get an astral shard purchase DDO Store page. Whoops...

Love the game, love the enhancements and think it'll add a new dimension to the game...but can we please reevaluate the astral shard purchase box and keep it out of the main UI? This is more aggravating than the eyeball icon being on the right of the chat window, so you can no longer hide it properly. (which by the way, is still annoying, but I deal with it :-P)
    Sylvursoul - Half-Elven Favored Soul of the 22nd Circle
    Gharris Sylvurwolf - Half-Elven Druid of the 20th Season
    Sylvurbeard - Scruffy-looking Dwarven Fighter of 21 Seasons

... nothing more to add then just /sign
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

I agree, putting it on the main window UI without an option to hide it to make it non-intrusive does not make it more desirable to me. I understand the need to make sure it can be seen and accessible, but please either put it back were it was or add it to the menu option so as not to be annoying to users.

Thank you,

Community Member

/signed
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Already signed once when it first appeared in L-Space.

Signing again...
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Same.

Business 101: You don't get more sales by irritating your customers.

Signed - More because I believe you should be able to customise the UI as you want it rather than because it's annoying (TBH I never even noticed it until I saw the Lama Thread )
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Community Member

Logged in to /sign.. although I know it won't do anything. This is some executives decision obviously, no developer/designer would think of annoying people to this extent.. This is the same as a marketing exec thinking auto-playing sound-enabled video ads are a good thing.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

/signed
    Shuricannon 2.0 Drow 20 Monk Thrower for DPS, Nethercannon Shadar-Kai 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Rog Thrower for Past Lifes
    Shiradi Shuricannon Drow 20 Monk Thrower for Defense, Shiradi Warcannon Warforged 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rog Thrower...Throwers for the win