Community Member

Default Oddest bug ive ever seen

This one is crazy, and actually made me think i was delusional for a few.

So im about to make a vid of soling EE Gh quest with my odd 13druid/7art, but i needed to restock on some pots first, i head over to house j house of wizardy for some superior inferno and sparks, but alas, those potions arent on that vendor, ok, im getting old, swear i bought them there before last time...

So i check ddowiki, but due to the sweeping game changes lately(a lot more coming soon) it is outdated so i cant go by that. So i spent about an hour running to every potion vendor i can remember, amrath, meridia, gh, house p, house k, nothin.

In desperation i try the advice channel in marketplace, couple helpful people, they cant remember where they are, but they start looking also, about another 1/2 hour passes and one replys that theyve found them in house j, HOUSE OF WIZARDRY???

So i run back to where i started, but still the potions arent in the list, nay, arent in MY LIST, the other guy can see them in potion vendor list but i cant? Alrighty then, i try relogging, no dice.

Finally, i log another character on the account and run him to house j, and his list has all the potions.

On the bright side this bug is only annoying and perhaps makes you doubt your sanity, because the pots are unbound so i could transfer them between characters.

Total time spent buying pots 2 hours, makes me want to smash forehead against keyboard.

Everyone who isnt getting this bug(i imagine almost everyone) feel free to say im making it up, lol.

Community Member

Are you sure one character just didn't have "List items by value" checked and one didn't? So it wasn't appearing on the list where you expected it?

Just the obvious answer...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Are you sure one character just didn't have "List items by value" checked and one didn't? So it wasn't appearing on the list where you expected it?

Just the obvious answer...
    Unlikely, I've experienced the bug also, but at the House D vendor. My capped rgr/ftr needed to restock some arrows so I went to a vendor I had used many times that life and... no sturdy arrows. ???. I double, triple, quadruple checked, went down the list item by item knowing I must just be blind... nothing. A guild mate checks and he sees them?! I check again; nothing. Eventually I went back a few days later and they were back on my list.

I've seen this happen too, and it was in that same House J. vendor. I believe I went there for Barkskin potions, and the didn't have any. I was standing there like "***?"

I logged in the next day, and they were back in stock.

Sorry i got greedy and bought them out :P.......on the other hand that would drive me crazy.

Default Wai

This is to make the game more realistic.

Vendor: Sorry, but we are out of that item, atm. Come back tomorrow, after the next shipment comes in.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    This one is crazy, and actually made me think i was delusional for a few.

So im about to make a vid of soling EE Gh quest with my odd 13druid/7art, but i needed to restock on some pots first, i head over to house j house of wizardy for some superior inferno and sparks, but alas, those potions arent on that vendor, ok, im getting old, swear i bought them there before last time...

So i check ddowiki, but due to the sweeping game changes lately(a lot more coming soon) it is outdated so i cant go by that. So i spent about an hour running to every potion vendor i can remember, amrath, meridia, gh, house p, house k, nothin.

In desperation i try the advice channel in marketplace, couple helpful people, they cant remember where they are, but they start looking also, about another 1/2 hour passes and one replys that theyve found them in house j, HOUSE OF WIZARDRY???

So i run back to where i started, but still the potions arent in the list, nay, arent in MY LIST, the other guy can see them in potion vendor list but i cant? Alrighty then, i try relogging, no dice.

Finally, i log another character on the account and run him to house j, and his list has all the potions.

On the bright side this bug is only annoying and perhaps makes you doubt your sanity, because the pots are unbound so i could transfer them between characters.

Total time spent buying pots 2 hours, makes me want to smash forehead against keyboard.

Everyone who isnt getting this bug(i imagine almost everyone) feel free to say im making it up, lol.
    NO your not crazy. These potions are wonky for me too. I can buy the Sup Freeze and Shock from Object Desire in House P on my Sorc. But they have NEVER been available to my FVS when I went to try to buy them. I must have tried a hundred times. So I just buy them on my Sorc and transfer them. Certainly is strange. But it works both ways too. I cannot for the life of me buy Sup Ardor potion from House J on my Sorc, but they are always there for my FVS.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    NO your not crazy. These potions are wonky for me too. I can buy the Sup Freeze and Shock from Object Desire in House P on my Sorc. But they have NEVER been available to my FVS when I went to try to buy them. I must have tried a hundred times. So I just buy them on my Sorc and transfer them. Certainly is strange. But it works both ways too. I cannot for the life of me buy Sup Ardor potion from House J on my Sorc, but they are always there for my FVS.
    Is there a consistent class/item pattern for everyone who is experiencing this?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Is there a consistent class/item pattern for everyone who is experiencing this?
    That sounds like a reasonable question, but I would think it would be more pertinent if it was an all the time kind of bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    That sounds like a reasonable question, but I would think it would be more pertinent if it was an all the time kind of bug.
    Troubleshooting steps include finding out how to make it repeat, and determine the scope. It sounds like it is repeatable for Drwaz99, so next step is to identify common factors. Perhaps it is happening to more players, and it is just under-reported (players not noticing, etc.).

Also possible for two different bugs to have similar symptom.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Default Wow torn

Im kinda happy others are getting this bug so that im not being called a liar, but at the same time I feel bad for being happy others are experiencing bugs, lol.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Im kinda happy others are getting this bug so that im not being called a liar, but at the same time I feel bad for being happy others are experiencing bugs, lol.
    years ago I remember reading about a person that no matter what could not pull a muck doom. Turns out it would never draw for the character, even when he actually finally pulled it. Everyone else saw it in the chest but him.

I always figured it was graphics corruption, but if you can get that to happen with a store item, that really makes me wonder what is and was going on.

Hero

If someone would think your a liar and think you'd rahter spend your time posting about something that relatively insignificant (nothing Xpac related or game/character breaking) then doing something else, then it's pretty obvious they have the issue and not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    This is to make the game more realistic.

Vendor: Sorry, but we are out of that item, atm. Come back tomorrow, after the next shipment comes in.
    yeah it makes it more realistic thats why they are out of that item for some people but others at the same time......oh here you go good customer. Yep those vendors can hold grudges and have it in for certain characters might even be based on race or class or gender. *"Pffff a woman has no place adventuring"*......"sorry we are out of sturdy arrows young lady".......3 minutes later how "many sturdy arrows would you like young man"?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    yeah it makes it more realistic thats why they are out of that item for some people but others at the same time......oh here you go good customer. Yep those vendors can hold grudges and have it in for certain characters might even be based on race or class or gender. *"Pffff a woman has no place adventuring"*......"sorry we are out of sturdy arrows young lady".......3 minutes later how "many sturdy arrows would you like young man"?
    To borrow from old Seinfeld reruns: No potion for you - two weeks!

Robert Jordan had a fine respect for women. He had one of his characters say/think: A woman will kill you twice as fast as a man, for half the reason.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 08-12-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester