Thumbs down Promotions ie ottos box and timing

Timing of such promotions is quite bad for many players I would hasten to guess. The middle of the month and most people get paid at the start or the end of a month.

This means many people who wish they could splash the cash and purchase one of these joyful boxes of goodness have probably missed out for a second time.

Now before you have a go at me and say I am whinging that I didn't get one, I got 4, 2 for friends and two for me. Maybe I'm complaining because I'm too nice and I buy them for others because they can't get one. I know they will compensate me in-game some how and it will become fair in the end. All I'm saying is better timing economical would actually A) sell more and B) not put people in a position where they have to buy multiple so others don't lose out.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

Community Member

I think most folks are paid every two weeks, especially those on the lower income spectrum, at least in the US. In my experience, only high end, salaried positions pay monthly.

However, i think that the type of person who makes so little (or spends so impulsively) that his paycheck is all gone a week after he gets it, is exactly the sort of person who should NOT be dropping $50 on a video game. He should pay his rent or his credit cards first.

But to your original point, it seems fair. Turbine should plan to suck the money from the poor man's bones just as much from the rich man's.

Community Member

At 50$ its hard to buy this.... :/

Yes exactly, they should suck the money for a longer period!
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    Timing of such promotions is quite bad for many players I would hasten to guess. The middle of the month and most people get paid at the start or the end of a month.

This means many people who wish they could splash the cash and purchase one of these joyful boxes of goodness have probably missed out for a second time.

Now before you have a go at me and say I am whinging that I didn't get one, I got 4, 2 for friends and two for me. Maybe I'm complaining because I'm too nice and I buy them for others because they can't get one. I know they will compensate me in-game some how and it will become fair in the end. All I'm saying is better timing economical would actually A) sell more and B) not put people in a position where they have to buy multiple so others don't lose out.
    There is always the save up and buy TP when the TP goes on sale double bonus triple bonus then save the TP for boxes you'll get the biggest bang for your buck

I don't buy boxes

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    I think most folks are paid every two weeks, especially those on the lower income spectrum, at least in the US. In my experience, only high end, salaried positions pay monthly.
    That isn't true everywhere. Also many retiree's get a monthly investment/pension pay out.

Also I suspect by "paid" he/she may mean "gets government hand out cheque" since many of the people I've known on the government's rolls seem to prefer to call it "paid" rather than "gift from taxpayers" or "welfare". I think a lot of governments pay that stuff monthly.

However, i think that the type of person who makes so little (or spends so impulsively) that his paycheck is all gone a week after he gets it, is exactly the sort of person who should NOT be dropping $50 on a video game. He should pay his rent or his credit cards first..
    Agreed. If money is tight this isn't a good purchase, and its an even more foolish purchase if the person doesn't save up for the next TP sale, and then buy and hold the discounted TP until there is something worth getting.