Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix perch spots

turbine has a good track record of stopping small insignificant exploits then leaving a boss permanently unkillable in half of the runs you do for months/years. lot of people have come to dislike this priorities from turbine and these days its pretty common for the forumers whos been around for awhile to advocate only fixing buggs that "hurts" us players in getting a quest completed since they know even if they ignore half the buggs it can be longer then a year to fix key buggs.

to most people they dont really mind this exploit so when you suggest this they see all that dev time going into fixing each of these quests individually and slowly finding all the perch spots hurting pushing back the important bugg fixing like broken feat and key spells not working for well over 6months now. (im looking at you wail and combat archery)

myself i rather like the perch spot if we come to endfight and things go wrong (stupid team members im looking at you or if im very tired) then this is a good backuptactic i prefer over spamming sp pots.

if they try a blanket solution like the dungeon alert or similar then i just know they gona screw it up in a couple of quests and make them unplayable for a minimum of 6months and then the next update they gona break couple of quests again making them unplayable for 3months rinse and repeat. personally think the perching is lot less bother then any solution
    Last edited by Uidolon; 08-13-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Perching is fine. (Btw, the monsters do it too...)

Perching with complete immunity to a raid boss should probably be changed.

Actually... any tactic, valid or otherwise that gets overused should be changed.

The key word here is "overused".....

When just about all groups insist that a quest get done a certain way... that takes the fun out of things.

But using terrain is a valid tactic in every fight all through history.

Monster Intelligence should play a role in things IMO.

I could care less if you can climb a tree and kill every Ooze or Wolf in the game.
    But Pit Fiend should not be so easy.

IMO, the Devs should just play the game... PUG and see what people do.

Then decide if something should be changed or not....
    With the key word being "overused" again. (but also obvious graphic bugs that create unintended terrain platforms.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Some monsters should have ranged attacks: but not all of them.

Some monsters should be able to climb ladders and/or jump... to any place a character can climb or jump to: but not all of them.

Some should be able to fly!

Some should be too big to fit through doors.

Some should be smart; some should be stupid.

Some rooms should have plenty of terrain to use to our advantage: some should not.

Graphics bugs should be fixed.

Things that get overused by players (specific situations) should be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Overuseed is, like this thread, very subjective. I think, perching is perfectly fine. Being immune and have a safe spot is fun for me. The new quests in the Demon Web give clear options regarding this and are an example how to make a quest, in my opinion. Theese spots are of no use if you are not specced for ranged, btw.

Pit Fiends have Teleport at will, any perching won't save you at all. Anyway, raidbosses(!) sould not have any save spots. In non raid quests it should be a viable option.

And in case of a fully melee specced character I just cannot see any exploit in poking the potential mob to death by using a returning weapon or inferior bow dps.

The reason to fix something is the effort put into killing the mob despite at a safe postion. The green dragon in the estar well will still kill you by clinging stacks of his breath, for example.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12