Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member Nodoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,022

    Question anything to do to keep from getting logged out of the Forums ?

    is there anything I can do to keep from getting logged out of the Forums ?

    Besides not being used to these forum changes I seem to be getting logged out before I can even form posts.

  2. #2
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    is there anything I can do to keep from getting logged out of the Forums ?

    Besides not being used to these forum changes I seem to be getting logged out before I can even form posts.
    This has been fixed, so you must be imagining things.

    But seriously, no, there's nothing you can do. The logout timer is out of our hands, and there's no myDDO to provide a workaround like before. Cross your fingers that it will ACTUALLY be fixed some day.

    As for the 'new' forums functionality, here are some links to help:

    Dev/Lamma RSS functionality: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...acker-RSS-Feed
    Login Shortcut Script in a Bookmark: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...in-bookmarklet

    and last but not least:

    Forum CSS styling fixes: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ylebot-Changes

  3. #3
    Community Member Nodoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    This has been fixed, so you must be imagining things.

    But seriously, no, there's nothing you can do. The logout timer is out of our hands, and there's no myDDO to provide a workaround like before. Cross your fingers that it will ACTUALLY be fixed some day.

    As for the 'new' forums functionality, here are some links to help:

    Dev/Lamma RSS functionality: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...acker-RSS-Feed
    Login Shortcut Script in a Bookmark: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...in-bookmarklet

    and last but not least:

    Forum CSS styling fixes: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ylebot-Changes
    Very helpful ! Especially the re-login book-mark.

    Edit: + rep. Would give you a +5 if I could !
    Last edited by Nodoze; 08-12-2013 at 12:29 AM.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    There is a way to never get logged out of the forums.


    Never log in.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  5. #5
    2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    is there anything I can do to keep from getting logged out of the Forums ?

    Besides not being used to these forum changes I seem to be getting logged out before I can even form posts.
    No you can't. You will be logged out after 45 minutes of inactivity. ( that's what they claim )

    Inactivity in that case means : no page refresh ( or no traffic between the server and your computer ).

    Yes, reading pages you opened from the new thread list in tabs is considered as being inactivity.
    Yes, typing a long answer in the reply window is considered as being inactivity.
    No, there is no way to fix it and to go back to the old way ( one logout a week more or less ).

    Basically in these days of generalized tabbed browsing, you have to read threads one at a time to make sure you are not going to be logged out, navigating like if you were in 1994 and your browser was called Mosaic.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

  6. #6
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Basically in these days of generalized tabbed browsing, you have to read threads one at a time to make sure you are not going to be logged out, navigating like if you were in 1994 and your browser was called Mosaic.
    I know, right? Grr.

  7. #7
    Community Member Nodoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    I think there may be a load component to this. When I originally posted was possibly more activity on the Forums and I was losing session context much faster than later that night or today during the regular work day.

    Maybe not but it appears that way to me.

  8. #8
    Community Member enochiancub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Not sure if it helps, but I use Chromium browser (granted my os is Ubuntu) and have never had a log-out issue nor have I had the black on grey text issue people continually report.

    Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

  9. #9
    Community Member Nodoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Not sure if it helps, but I use Chromium browser (granted my os is Ubuntu) and have never had a log-out issue nor have I had the black on grey text issue people continually report.
    Glad you are on Ubuntu (I use RHEL for work).

    Does Chromium feed all the links you hit to Google for analysis purposes?

  10. #10
    2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Not sure if it helps, but I use Chromium browser (granted my os is Ubuntu) .
    Hmm, Maybe I should fire up my Ultra 45 and see if the Java Browser form Solaris 10 is also subject to all the problems all the normal browsers seems to be afflicted when it comes to browsing the DDO forums since they downgraded them.

    I'll do that from work tomorrow. That should be interesting.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload