Default Drow cannot take lesser dragonmark anymore.

On live servers drow have access to the shadow dragonmarks. I transferred a drow with them over to Lamania and she seems to have lost the lesser dragonmark feat(least is still present) and cannot seem to take the lesser dragonmark as enchantment like other races can.

I am assuming this is a bug and not intentional nerf to drow as the release notes did not say anywhere that the drow are getting that nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    On live servers drow have access to the shadow dragonmarks. I transferred a drow with them over to Lamania and she seems to have lost the lesser dragonmark feat(least is still present) and cannot seem to take the lesser dragonmark as enchantment like other races can.

I am assuming this is a bug and not intentional nerf to drow as the release notes did not say anywhere that the drow are getting that nerf.
    Drows should not have access to dragonmarks. It was bug that will be fixed

http://ddowiki.com/page/Dragonmarks
    "Neither Drow nor warforged can be dragonmarked"
    Last edited by Wanesa; 08-12-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Apart from the Drow having a Dragonmark issue, its WAI

You now just take the least as a feat and the rest are enhancements in the race tree instead of feats, and as Drow shouldn't have Dragonmarks, they don't get the enhancement lines.
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    Drows should not have access to dragonmarks. It was bug that will be fixed

http://ddowiki.com/page/Dragonmarks
    "Neither Drow nor warforged can be dragonmarked"
    DDOwiki is not an official source to the game in any way. It is a very nice resource, but not affiliated with turbine.

Only thing Turbine has to say about dragomarks is " Beyond the first Least Dragonmarks, the dragonmark feats have been removed. Dragonmark upgrades are available from enhancements. If your character had Dragonmark feats beyond the first, these feats have been removed from your character"

Nowhere there does it say "Except drow" or similar. If they are going to remove the marks from drow they should say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexraven View Post
    Apart from the Drow having a Dragonmark issue, its WAI

You now just take the least as a feat and the rest are enhancements in the race tree instead of feats, and as Drow shouldn't have Dragonmarks, they don't get the enhancement lines.
    So you are saying: removing all but one of the dragonmarks from drow and not giving them enchantment lines and not saying anything one way or other is not a bug?

As I see it:

Removing all of them and saying they are doing it would not be a bug(just a nerf)

Removing the lesser+greater and adding the enchantment lines would not be a bug.

So you are saying: removing all but one of the dragonmarks from drow and not giving them enchantment lines and not saying anything one way or other is not a bug?

As I see it:

Removing all of them and saying they are doing it would not be a bug(just a nerf)

Removing the lesser+greater and adding the enchantment lines would not be a bug.
    Citation:
    """
    Dragonmarks: Drow never bear dragonmarks, an oddity that has stumped scholars of elven lore since the Mark of Shadow first appeared. Though many theories abound, it is most likely the dark elven patron that could be the answer to this conundrum. The drow have long been enmeshed in the alien designs of the Vulkoor, the Scorpion God, and with denizens of the Plane of Shadow. Theoretically, these connections have disassociated the drow from the Draconic Prophecy and its revelations.
    """

If DDO is keeping The Ebberon campaign settings, Drows should not have dragonmarks at all. But don't ask me for details, i don't know D&D well.

The same for Iconics new races, they came from The Forgotten Realms thus they are not connected with Draconic Prophecy
    Last edited by Wanesa; 08-12-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Drow ever having access to a dragonmark was the bug, them having no access is wai. Go run the hall of the mark quest and it will even tell you at the end that you don't get access to marks but have this feat respec anyways if you run it as a drow.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Yeah, unfortunately it's been an oversight since when Drow were added.

Old Eberron lore say that drow don't get dragonmarks.

I'd have liked to see them extend the lore to make drow Shadow dragonmarks WAI in this new age where we have the return of the Stormreaver and the defeat of the Truthful One and bridge between Faerun and Eberron. It may not be WotC canon, but it can be our canon

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Drow ever having access to a dragonmark was the bug, them having no access is wai. Go run the hall of the mark quest and it will even tell you at the end that you don't get access to marks but have this feat respec anyways if you run it as a drow.
    But the change is not to not having any dragon marks, the change is to having only first tier dragonmark. Thus I consider it a bug. if they instead revoved all it could indeed be wai.

But the change is not to not having any dragon marks, the change is to having only first tier dragonmark. Thus I consider it a bug. if they instead revoved all it could indeed be wai.
    Bug report it then with the bug tool you're not suppossed to be able to have any as a drow or warforged.

Read by QA..

also, Drow shouldn't have access to the Dragonmark of Shadow at all.