Community Member

Default Monk- shuriken max damage+attack speed build

Halfling
    Starting stats:
    Feat list:
    (not in this order)
    Point Blank Shot, Shuriken Expertise,Precision,Precise Shot, Path of Inevitable Dominion,Quick Draw, Dodge,Rapid Shot,Improved Critical (Piercing), Improved Precise Shot,Toughness/mobility
    Health, i know kind of sucks I: but add +40 from FL and a maybe some ex. or ins. CON item add? hoping to complete gear template soon!
    ED: Shiradi
    Tier 1: Healing Spring T3, Illusion of Well Being T3
    Tier 2: Prism, Fey for T2, Fey spring T2
    Tier 3: Rainbow, Whirling Wrist T3
    Tier 4: Double Rainbow, In the Weeds T3
    Tier 5: Stand and Deliver
    GS lightning strikes shuriken
    Almost forgot!! Epic feats - Combat archery, perma-haste, and the ranger alacrity epic feat/doubleshot

I made this build and was pretty crazy high damage and hits. its like a permanent endless fusilade. was wondering if i should twist whirling wrist and haste bonus and something else then go GmoF or another good ED for damage? tips please on anything you see!

Thrower builds ONLY are viable with shiradi, without that ED you wont be able to kill anything without tons of kiting and jumping around. Ninja poison made shurikens viable without shiradi to an extent, but that was killed.

Hope you have an ottos box saved, because leveling a thrower toon 1-20 will be absolute torture. Your better off leveling as melee and using a LR at 20 to shiradi.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    Thrower builds ONLY are viable with shiradi, without that ED you wont be able to kill anything without tons of kiting and jumping around. Ninja poison made shurikens viable without shiradi to an extent, but that was killed.

Hope you have an ottos box saved, because leveling a thrower toon 1-20 will be absolute torture. Your better off leveling as melee and using a LR at 20 to shiradi.
    Well you know you could just level it with Shortswords......... its always an option, of course its dependent on feats, for me even a thrower build should have the full twf line.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Community Member

Default Improved Critical (Thrown)

Try getting Improved Critical (Thrown) instead.

Quote Originally Posted by connerj View Post
    Halfling
    Starting stats:
    Feat list:
    (not in this order)
    Point Blank Shot, Shuriken Expertise,Precision,Precise Shot, Path of Inevitable Dominion,Quick Draw, Dodge,Rapid Shot,Improved Critical (Piercing), Improved Precise Shot,Toughness/mobility
    Health, i know kind of sucks I: but add +40 from FL and a maybe some ex. or ins. CON item add? hoping to complete gear template soon!
    ED: Shiradi
    Tier 1: Healing Spring T3, Illusion of Well Being T3
    Tier 2: Prism, Fey for T2, Fey spring T2
    Tier 3: Rainbow, Whirling Wrist T3
    Tier 4: Double Rainbow, In the Weeds T3
    Tier 5: Stand and Deliver
    GS lightning strikes shuriken
    Almost forgot!! Epic feats - Combat archery, perma-haste, and the ranger alacrity epic feat/doubleshot

I made this build and was pretty crazy high damage and hits. its like a permanent endless fusilade. was wondering if i should twist whirling wrist and haste bonus and something else then go GmoF or another good ED for damage? tips please on anything you see!

Community Member

Dude,

First off you did not list 10k stars in your 'build', I hope you do in fact have the feat, since you did max wisdom.

Second, you take combat archery but your only weapons are shuriken, if you read the feat description and look at your weapon you will see that the feat gives +1 W damage, shuriken W damage = 1d2. This means you gain 1.5 damage on average per star, that is a very bad gain for a feat slot... consider taking overwhelming critical, it comes down to +10% damage over your non-criticals.

You also take toughness/mobility which are both questionably useful. Deflect arrows is actually pretty good.

You start with max wisdom, max constitution and you did not max dex, you do realize 2 dex = 4% doubleshot and +1 attack and damage?

Then there's a lot of stuff to be optimized in your shiradi tree, but first I gotta tell ya that since update 23 legendary dreadnought is much much better dps (and defense for that matter), as long as you twist in 'pin' from shiradi....

You are not taking nerve venom? Nerve venom is by far the best thing about the ED, especially if you have 'no mercy' from the ninja spy tree. This is because nerve venom does not allow for a save and makes the opponent helpless, meaning they take +50% more damage from all sources. (+80% if you have no mercy).

You are not taking 'pin', it also makes mobs helpless.

You are not taking any dex in the tree while you do have fey spring, fey form, in the weeds and stand and deliver.

Stand and deliver is a competence bonus, the deadly items that increase ur damage is also a competence bonus, as in they do not stack.

I must have forgotten something but anyways goos luck and have fun.