Default Gear list for TRing into Artificer?

Howdy folks.

I'm TRing into a Dubbel O'Seven Artificer build. I have never played the class, or any Warforged before, so I am completely unfamiliar with Docents and any Artificer specific gear that might be out there.

I was hoping some of you more experienced players could suggest to me some equipment to farm up in preparation for this journey. I probably wont farm up all the end game stuff, as I'd like to experience that content on my Artificer, but I'm open to things that don't require a huge amount of time to obtain.

I have a Conc-op Blindness Ward 150+ SP Goggles already and I'm probably going to grab the Nightforged Docent and slot it with Heavy Fort, but other than that I have no idea.

Any suggestions for the trip from 1-25 are more than welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarnessaja View Post
    Howdy folks.

I'm TRing into a Dubbel O'Seven Artificer build. I have never played the class, or any Warforged before, so I am completely unfamiliar with Docents and any Artificer specific gear that might be out there.

I was hoping some of you more experienced players could suggest to me some equipment to farm up in preparation for this journey. I probably wont farm up all the end game stuff, as I'd like to experience that content on my Artificer, but I'm open to things that don't require a huge amount of time to obtain.

I have a Conc-op Blindness Ward 150+ SP Goggles already and I'm probably going to grab the Nightforged Docent and slot it with Heavy Fort, but other than that I have no idea.

Any suggestions for the trip from 1-25 are more than welcome.
    My top tip, would be to get a few key runearms and slot them with masterful craftmanship shards. This gets you a big power boost, compared to getting them during the course of play. Suggestions for a shopping list would be: the pea shooter, hand of the tombs, the turmoil within (or corruption of nature), glorious obscenity, lucid dreams and epic corruption of nature. This should get you comfortably through 1-25.

For docents, (restored) elf- or giantcrafted and (flawless) blue or black dragonscale are great, depending on whether you go casting or crossbow focused.

For crossbows, Doublecross bow, Slaver's handcrossbow and then of course Needle are the only named ones I can think of, which really give a big boost at their respective levels. Collect a few good loot-gen ones (smiter, disruptor, banisher etc.) and you'll be fine.

Ring of Master Artifice and Ring of the Stalker at various levels form the House C challenges are also well worth farming up.

Good luck and enjoy

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

I would agree with xMund and add a few things. Strinati's Hand Cannon from Three Barrel Cove is easy to farm (though it can take several ransacks) and is an exploding shot rune arm useable at level 3 with masterful craftsmanship. It will get you through the lower levels.

The upgraded Quorforged Docent of Battle from the Mindsunder and Dreaming Dark chains is great for both you and your dog.

If you have the ingredients already, or are willing to farm them out, then a lit2 or triple positive greensteel repeater are fantastic for leveling. Lit2 is higher dps, but triple positive is not far behind and is a lot cheaper to make. I also like to have a greensteel HP item.

Other than that, crafted gear should provide you with everything you need, if you have access to it.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Alrighty, so I've farmed up some gear and have a bunch of stuff left to get, so I thought I'd check to see if anyone can see something I'm missing that they feel is very useful. Y'know, stuff you guys would like to have on an Artificer TR that you think would make things more fun or easy.

Weapons:
    Tripple Positive Heavy Repeater
    Lit 2 Heavy Repeater
    Doublecross Bow
    Slavers Handcrossbow
    Lucid Dreams
    Hand of the Tombs
    Pea Shooter
    Corruption of Nature
    (Not listing Needle, because it's going to be my end game Crossbow and I'll get it on the Artificer)

Armor:
    Blademark's Docent
    NIghtforge Docent (slotted with Heavy Fort)
    Quarforged Docent of Battle (Unsuppressed)

Trinkets:
    Unsuppressed Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone

Necklaces:
    GS Min2 HP (45HP/con skills6/heavy fort/protection5)

Belts:
    GS ConOp (blindness immunity/disease resistance6/wisdom6/diplo10/150SP/cha skills5)

Rings:
    Ring of Master Artifice

So, yeah. That's the list so far. Have some of it, and I'm in the process of getting the rest. If you guys can think of adding anything else, I'd love to hear it.

Unsuppressed Pale Lavender Ioun Stone might be worth farming up for a hot swap item since it holds 50 charges and regenerates. Shard Of Xoriat and Sustaining Symbiont are always worth a shout too

Stoner81.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Tira's_Splendor
    garamol in the subterranian explorer area

you could try to run demonqueen raid couple of times see if you get lucky and get the torc but seems bit unnesseray to wait for 20 completions as you only have about 50% even then to get one

edit:
    just read what you already had and erased couple of my suggestions

handwraps you convert handwraps into your dogs weapons so if you plan on using the dog(his not very useful unless you doing guard things like challenges and such) your gona need couple of handwraps for the doggie. not every effect works on doggie weapons

ideally you would probably want a dragon toched docent for your dog +6con +5res and someting else destruction doesnt work on the dogs docent
    Last edited by Uidolon; 08-13-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Strinati's Hand Cannon is an amazing arm to have available at lvl 3. It's almost OP.

Toven's Hammer is nice to have ready for higher lvls.

The Docent of the Tomb looks like a nice bit of kit if you're going to TR into a WF. If you're going to be a Fleshy Artie, then the Snakeskin Vest is good.

Make sure you have the Hellfire repeater for lvl 4. You might consider pre-crafting a GS repeater or two. The Lit II and maybe an Aspect of Positive Energy.

Don't forget your dog too.
    Baldemark's Docent is good lowbie gear, the docent from the Lordsmarch Chain (Gorgon?) . Stoneheart for later...

The wraps from Catacombs can be made into a decent lowbie undead collar.

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

All great suggestions;

Would also add in there Silver Slinger

Also Charged Gauntlets are the bomb at lower levels for ANY melee.

Blue (or maybe even Black but Blue is better for your Blade Barrier) Dragon Docent also a must imho
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drykks - Baanzai - Elyndaar

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_the_South View Post
    All great suggestions;

Would also add in there Silver Slinger

Also Charged Gauntlets are the bomb at lower levels for ANY melee.

Blue (or maybe even Black but Blue is better for your Blade Barrier) Dragon Docent also a must imho
    A black docent for your dog too. Don't forget your dogs folks. Kit 'em out, buff 'em up and they're more reliable than half the PUGs you'll run with.

While running a life before a planned artificer life, watch out for weapons with low enhancement values but great effect. As an artificer you will cast bolts with an enhancement value appropriate to your level, so you don't need a +3 or +5 weapon, The +3 bolts will not stack with the +3 repeater. You need a +0 (if you can find it) with the total potential invested in elsewhere, like a lvl 8 disrupter/banisher (although the new ML adjustments may have changed the few such items I have).