Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Q: How to fix Forum color?

When the box I'm typing in currently is dark gray with black letter it bothers my eyes a ton. This wasn't a huge deal, but just recently I went to look at "view forum posts" by a user and the window was unreadable. Gray headers with black words. Then white background with a peach title and even WHITE body hidden below.

Am I the only one with such a funky color scheme? How can I change this?

I wish...

I still cant believe the web designer hasn't fixed this..
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I wish...

I still cant believe the web designer hasn't fixed this..

THIS!! ^^^^ (so much so, that it did require all caps.)

Only 'fix' at the moment is to do a "Control + A" to Select All. (or any method that Selects the area you're trying to see.)
    That at least makes things readable when ya get that white-on-white bs.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Take a look at jjflanigan's Stylebot and Stylish scripts in this thread. Forum member Aussir also has a few to offer in the same thread. I don't browse these forums without it.

Best of luck!
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Take a look at jjflanigan's Stylebot and Stylish scripts in this thread. Forum member Aussir also has a few to offer in the same thread. I don't browse these forums without it.

Best of luck!

Had hoped for a fix at the root level, but failing that, have finally nabbed the stylebot. icon14.png

JJ made a nice stylish for the new DDO forums that fixes 99% of the color problems. His original thread is here.

You might also be interested in this thread, which groups several of those kind of esoteric resources together for easy reference. In particular I like the forum login bookmarklet; that combined with JJ's style greatly improves the forum experience.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    You might also be interested in this thread, which groups several of those kind of esoteric resources together for easy reference. In particular I like the forum login bookmarklet; that combined with JJ's style greatly improves the forum experience.
    Cordovan really should sticky that thread. It's a great resource compendium, EllisDee37.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Coolness above. ^

I knew there were threads out there with skinning options, was hoping someone would pop in with em.

/Second the Sticky suggestion. Knowing they're out there and finding them are often two different kittens in the litter.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Cordovan really should sticky that thread. It's a great resource compendium, EllisDee37.
    Done.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

JJ made a nice stylish for the new DDO forums that fixes 99% of the color problems. His original thread is here.

Is there anything, as yet, that makes the search results visible?

I generally select all the text on the page, but even then, it's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Is there anything, as yet, that makes the search results visible?

I generally select all the text on the page, but even then, it's horrible.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Search results look normal for me using JJ's stylish.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

I'm not sure what you mean. Search results look normal for me using JJ's stylish.
    I have the style installed, and the results all look highlighted with a grey that nearly matches the text.

I'll check that I'm using the most current version.

Edit:
    I'm using the Stylish version for Firefox. It says it's installed.

It's actually not the normal search function, but when I click on a user's profile to find their posts:

Last edited by Phaeton_Seraph; 02-10-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    When the box I'm typing in currently is dark gray with black letter it bothers my eyes a ton. This wasn't a huge deal, but just recently I went to look at "view forum posts" by a user and the window was unreadable. Gray headers with black words. Then white background with a peach title and even WHITE body hidden below.

Use a different browser or adjust your settings.

From what I gathered in the other threads, this is an IE thing- in which case you should download Chrome or Firefox immediately, remove any IE shortcuts you have, and never ever open it again.

Settings / General Settings / Miscellaneous Options nets you no positive results?

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Use a different browser or adjust your settings.

From what I gathered in the other threads, this is an IE thing- in which case you should download Chrome or Firefox immediately, remove any IE shortcuts you have, and never ever open it again.
    No, the default colors also suck in Firefox.. DDO's website, is without a doubt, the worst-looking forum website I frequent.

I have no idea why they haven't fixed this on their end, since I'm sure it drives away forum participation, and by extension, maybe some customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Angry I agree!

I was just playing around with my setting to see if I could fix this problem. The truth of the matter it would be very simple for them to add other skins, but they must deem it to be VERY low priority. Also they should make sure the person who is designing the user interface is not color blind, maybe they can see this just fine.

This need to be fix! The sooner the better!

I don't think we should be forced to use other people scripts to fix this as it is very simple for them to add more skin options!!!
    Get off you lasy ***** and fix this!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoogar View Post
    I don't think we should be forced to use other people scripts to fix this as it is very simple for them to add more skin options!!!
    Get off you lasy ***** and fix this!
    1st, since the fix in question would take at most 1 day to implement (I've tried it on a test vBulletin site: took me an hour to make 3 unique skins), I agree that it should be done. At least 3 different selectable skins/themes. Make it happen.

2nd, as to being forced to use someone's script: Do it. CSS has been around a long time now. There is no better way to experience the internet than to use CSS in your browser, and customize all the sites you visit regularly. It's simple point and click and the result is a web experience that YOU have picked for yourself, rather than relying on the host to try and come up with something that will please you AND everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    1st, since the fix in question would take at most 1 day to implement (I've tried it on a test vBulletin site: took me an hour to make 3 unique skins), I agree that it should be done. At least 3 different selectable skins/themes. Make it happen.

2nd, as to being forced to use someone's script: Do it. CSS has been around a long time now. There is no better way to experience the internet than to use CSS in your browser, and customize all the sites you visit regularly. It's simple point and click and the result is a web experience that YOU have picked for yourself, rather than relying on the host to try and come up with something that will please you AND everyone else.
    Agreed, but the fact remains that who ever designed this user experience needs to be reassigned to janitorial duties. The color scheme in any browser I have tried (except on my iPad) is terrible. Text is impossible to see when typing. Black on Dark Grey? Off white on white? How is that acceptable let? (it wouldn't be acceptable under Section 508)

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner-Davion View Post
    Agreed, but the fact remains that who ever designed this user experience needs to be reassigned to janitorial duties. The color scheme in any browser I have tried (except on my iPad) is terrible. Text is impossible to see when typing. Black on Dark Grey? Off white on white? How is that acceptable let? (it wouldn't be acceptable under Section 508)
    Now now, lets remember that the janitorial duties are done by skilled janitorial staff. This person showed no common sense when picked out the color schemes. Therefore the unless you want waste showing up in odd places I would highly recommend this person be put on permanent vacation! JK

But yes, it is a wonder how these colors have been left for so long as there has to have been more people who are unfamiliar with scripts and/or don't use a browser that allow scripts. I like looking at the forum when I am at work so I limited to a very old version of Internet Explorer.

this shows the skill of tirbine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast