Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Best. Loading Screen. Ever.

Well, I decided to fire up DDO tonight - and was met by what is now my newest favorite loading screen. The sublimely minimalist...

It should also be noted that it then hung here for about two minutes before I got a "Program is not responding" error, and I had to manually shut down DDO and restart it. Is this a new common bug, or did was DDO so surprised to see me logging it that it got all emotional and weird?

Side note: Why the hell is DDO telling me there was an error submitting my support ticket every time I log in any character? I haven't put in a support ticket in a long, long time...

That screen has been around for along while. I think it's even mentioned in dev notes.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    That screen has been around for along while. I think it's even mentioned in dev notes.
    It was mentioned that 'the' loading screen was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    yeah lol that was it, but I've seen it since.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Well, I decided to fire up DDO tonight - and was met by what is now my newest favorite loading screen. The sublimely minimalist...

It should also be noted that it then hung here for about two minutes before I got a "Program is not responding" error, and I had to manually shut down DDO and restart it. Is this a new common bug, or did was DDO so surprised to see me logging it that it got all emotional and weird?

Side note: Why the hell is DDO telling me there was an error submitting my support ticket every time I log in any character? I haven't put in a support ticket in a long, long time...

Aye, I like that screen too!

Anyway, It should fix itself with Shadowfell hitting live, so 9 days from now.

Double login is a known issue. some ppl have problem with it for year/s now, others never experienced it. It is caused by -IT mumbo-jumbo- and in case it will persist and will happen on more of your loggins, I suggest usage of ddopreloader made by Wanessa. That fixes it entirely, at least for me.

Oh and welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Was it sort of like how Herobrine is removed every Minecraft update?

Or like every other bug that gets "fixed" in DDO and somehow comes back, over and over and over again.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

It's not a bug. It's an acronym to help new players find their way around.

To Harbor Entrance
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    To Harbor Entrance
    Aren't new players meant to be in Korthos though? D:

The game crashed while devs were doing this one !!!!
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Awww I'm gonna miss that screen when it goes away with U19.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

good to see ya Mem. I was beginning to think you left for good. haven't seen you around (forums) in quite awhile.

Community Member

Just ignore that screen. It doesn't exist because it was fixed in Update 18 Patch 2. So you didn't see what you thought you saw, despite you capping & posting it way after the patch 2 implementation.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-patch-2

This is not the loading screen you're looking for ... wait wrong game ...

Hadn't seen that one yet but I get the "error submitting your support ticket" message every time I log in and/or change characters. I wonder if its Obama's way of tracking my DDO game time and how frequently I log in or Turbine's way of confirming long absences from the game by some of us ... more vocal vets
    I believe in mind over matter. If I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Sarlona! Yep, back again.

Community Member

I believe the support ticket error message is happening to most, if not everyone. I get it on login, and I have never put one in.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

The

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The
    Mayby we should help them complete the sentence... any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by bowwer View Post
    Mayby we should help them complete the sentence... any ideas
    I was just going to write my posts with the same quality as the tool tips but that works too. Hmmmmm

The XP in House Cannith will never be raised so stop asking.
    How's that?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The
    Hatchery
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Hatchery
    The Village

Quote Originally Posted by Ddodoesitagain View Post

Just ignore that screen. It doesn't exist because it was fixed in Update 18 Patch 2. So you didn't see what you thought you saw, despite you capping & posting it way after the patch 2 implementation.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-patch-2
    Yeah. That was Photoshopped, Memnir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast