Default Sting of the Ninja nerf: DEATH of thrower builds!

Wow, just wow! This was the only thing making a thrower viable (even then only against poison immune mobs) and you officially KILLED it! What a bozo move!

If you seriously thought the damage was too high, why not reduce it instead? Lets keep in mind here that shuriken users have no way to bypass most of the DR mobs have, or what they would do against poison immune mobs. Reduce the damage of ninja poison if you have too, but make it work against ALL mobs!

Use your head Devs!

P.S. honestly what is the new named shuriken good for? Fighting zombies and wraiths? (But not Shellie's due to DR). What a piece of utter crapola!
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

By making it on crit its nerfed by 90% with improved crit, 80% if 20 monk with ninja spy capstone. Also NO CHANGE against poison immune mobs. This is probably the BIGGEST single nerf in ddo history.

Go kill some mobs with shuriken Devs, I freakin DARE you now.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Community Member

Seems like sting of the ninja is now completely broken. I can't seem to build up any stacks at all on my shuriken build. Even with the on-crit change it was still useful against bosses as the damage was a nice DoT once you got the ninja poison stacks to 20.

Anyone know what's going on? Is it bugged or was there a further nerf I don't know about?
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Seems like sting of the ninja is now completely broken. I can't seem to build up any stacks at all on my shuriken build. Even with the on-crit change it was still useful against bosses as the damage was a nice DoT once you got the ninja poison stacks to 20.

Anyone know what's going on? Is it bugged or was there a further nerf I don't know about?
    I have tested this on life and on Lamannia and found out that it only seems NOT to work with named shuriken (Greensteel, Spelltouched, Shadow Star, Snowstar). Random loot shuriken seem to work fine. This is a bug that was introduced with update 21 when they changed something with throwing weapons. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

2016 DDO Players Council Ziindarax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    I have tested this on life and on Lamannia and found out that it only seems NOT to work with named shuriken (Greensteel, Spelltouched, Shadow Star, Snowstar). Random loot shuriken seem to work fine. This is a bug that was introduced with update 21 when they changed something with throwing weapons. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    Master's Blitz won't build either when you kill a worthy opponent, seems the increment thing is busted?
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

nice work interns.. test your game please

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    nice work interns.. test your game please
    Oh noes! Stuff is broken on the TESTING server... So it looks like they ARE testing their game...

Guys, report the bugs, don't be so negative.

If it makes it to live, then you can complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Oh noes! Stuff is broken on the TESTING server... So it looks like they ARE testing their game...

Guys, report the bugs, don't be so negative.

If it makes it to live, then you can complain.
    Actually the bug with Sting of the Ninja is already on the live servers. It was introduced with U21.