Community Member

Default levelling / class poll

morning fellow ddo gamers. omnii evermind of thelanis server here. quick question for all you other tr's. of the following classes, which should I skip some levels on (bought myself a bigby box of lvling goodness):
    1) paladin
    2) ranger
    3) druid
    4) fighter

I'm almost on my twentieth life now, but I mainly tr as casters. trying to grind out completionist and that is what I have left. I have played since the first days of ddo but have NEVER touched fighter or paladin. to me, melee looks boring... played barbarian and hated it. for fighter and ranger, my lvling will probably be 8 X, 6 rogue, 6 artificer repeater dps buid. don't know what I will do for pal or druid. maybe same, heh.

so, for me, liking ranged dps and casting, which of the lives do you suggest I "skip" with my 50% pots and lvling stone? and why? p.s. gear isn't much of a factor, got most named stuff already and tons of gs, dragontouched, etc. and if a build needs something I don't have, I can get it. p.p.s. sorry for spelling and typo. using very old cell phone tp view forum and half the time, the text is off screen.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omnii_Evermind View Post
    morning fellow ddo gamers. omnii evermind of thelanis server here. quick question for all you other tr's. of the following classes, which should I skip some levels on (bought myself a bigby box of lvling goodness):
    1) paladin
    2) ranger
    3) druid
    4) fighter

I'm almost on my twentieth life now, but I mainly tr as casters. trying to grind out completionist and that is what I have left. I have played since the first days of ddo but have NEVER touched fighter or paladin. to me, melee looks boring... played barbarian and hated it. for fighter and ranger, my lvling will probably be 8 X, 6 rogue, 6 artificer repeater dps buid. don't know what I will do for pal or druid. maybe same, heh.

so, for me, liking ranged dps and casting, which of the lives do you suggest I "skip" with my 50% pots and lvling stone? and why? p.s. gear isn't much of a factor, got most named stuff already and tons of gs, dragontouched, etc. and if a build needs something I don't have, I can get it. p.p.s. sorry for spelling and typo. using very old cell phone tp view forum and half the time, the text is off screen.
    Skip Paladin. It's hard to get a fully ranged DPS build out of a Paladin, and if you hate melee... Well you'd be SOL.

For Ranger I'd recommend more of a 11Ranger/8Rogue/1Arti This will get you a fully ranged build using manyshot+Xbows. Will also get you uncanny dodge, full TWF line for when you do need to melee, plenty of sneak attack for a nice boost to damage, will net you most of the ranged feats for free as well. idk what Pre to go with since the new enhancements are right around the corner.

For another fully ranged build on your fighter life I'd go 12Fighter/6Monk/2Ranger and make a 10K stars build, with manyshot+10Kstars you'll only put the bow away when you want to.

Druid is a bit of a toss up. Go caster, obviously... But if I was doing it I'd go 13Druid/6Ranger/1Monk and make an AA/semi caster. Or a split similar to this. 16Druid/2Monk/2Ranger or 17Druid/2Monk/1Ranger also work well and are more caster focused.

Anyways, that's my take on it. you'll probably get 20 people telling you the complete opposite now. :P GL!
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

thanks for the input and yeah, leaning towards using it for pally atm, from all that I have heard and read. with those ranger and fighter builds, ill dig through the forums here or hit you up for the builds (when to take which lvl, which feats, stats, etc). they sound promising, and most important... fun!