I mentioned it on the these forums once b4 about how much me and my guildies like these areas. I'd like to bring it up again several months later to comment on a few things that ive noticed and would like to see added or changed.
More more more! If these lack playerbase it is honestly because no one knows they exist and there is only 4 of them. Add themed ones to the new areas and make Jackson laws more identifiable, maybe give him a specific corner of the taverns.
Spawning locations, these have been of some issue to our games. In capture the flag the spawns are the same always and can just be camped and make for an unfair un-enjoyable game. Within death matches the issue becomes the same where the areas are not that large and you can be attacked b4 your own load screen finishes. Easiest that I see would to spawn people way up in the air with 10sec to buff etc after loading then force drop to the ground.
It would be nice to have more modes and options with the areas.
- Maybe allow either type of game in the arenas, this one has come up a lot with my guildies.
- Allow that briefly introduced mode that was on lamania where u would pvp with 10x hp.
- Options to divide grouping by separating melee ranged and casters.
- Create a method to look for groups more easily than through Jackson laws or challenging a party, think lfm system for cptf and dm.
- Guild challenges has been brought up before with a plethora of protect the fortress type games, I have liked many of the ideas that came out like that.
- Add more flexible team systems, Think free for all in death matches and multiple teams past 2 for capture the flag
- Some class mechanic just thoroughly do not work in pvp, sneak, pets, charming would be cool but i see the issues with it, If i recall bard songs also work oddly. I recall a time i fascinated myself.
- Add a general chat channel so that teams might contact each other, this can be an issue somtimes.
- I like the idea of the death match arena where you play in part 1 of ToD, this could be expanded both in this area(It plays very small and could be expanded through the whole area) and into other raids. Think shroud, von5 etc.
- Allow for raid groups to clash, 12v12 just sounds awesome. Would need to implement large areas for this type of battle tho.(thinking of the raid arenas here)
- Possibly limit some powers. Some that come to mind...
- Ddoor is outright broken
- Deathward seems far too limiting, negates assassins and pale masters to a large extent
- Spell absorbtion, forces to drain each time(not fun) or play with ED abilities that can bypass it
- Might add mroe to this if i remember more later.
- Add scaling environmental dangers, traps that scale with the highest level of the character in the group.(quickfoot arena traps do not seem to be anything but viasuals and the devil pit has very low save low dmg traps)
- More interesting mechanic areas like the quickfoot arena, this one is by far our favorite in guild. Air jets are cool, ladders and bridges provide lots of perch spots, the pillars provide nice cover.
- Allow an ante system, and possibly other incentives to run. Minor xp seems to be a nice way to get some more interest, this would need to be implemented as a non-exploitable system. Best I can think of is to base it off of the amount of kills, the winning team and the amount of damage sustained.
- Along with the raid arena idea, I think wilderness areas(like the menechtarun) would be very cool, specifically for capture the flag.
- Capture the flag would be much more interesting if you could locate where your flag will be, Divide maps into red and blue sides possibly and allow it to be anywhere within reason on those sides.
- List the team colors in a more prevalent function, in the past we have had many issues where people didnt know what team they were or what flag they were going for.
I believe that is all! Vaguely reminiscent of the release notes isnt it?
I am not of the impression that all of this or anywhere close to all of it will ever be added, I'm skeptical that any of it will be really but I feel it was good to voice my own ideas and my guild's.
Thank you to anyone who has read this far, I realize that this is a lot of blabbering about ideas of a very unpopular area of the game.