Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    No Evocation +5, no Necro, ench +5 (the most wanteds spell schools)
    Nether Orb

Quote Originally Posted by Ghwyn View Post
    Seems like the devs are listening to what I often read about. One thing is power creep and another is making current gear obsolete. The new gear seems fix those two issues, but now all I read about is stuff not being OP enough to be worth getting. I really hope the devs keep doing their thing and realize that almost all forum complainers are useless.
    That's absolutely and categorically false. I've yet to read anyone that want any of these items OP, in fact some including myself think that adding 3 ability points more in stats is too much. But worse - look at the gloves in heroic Elite. +8 - that's way of base for a ML 19 item. That should be removed right away.

I think the argument for most and especially from me is that a lot of these items are less desired (for being ML 28) then items before them. And what's the point of making so many of these items if few are going to use them?

I don't need 20+ items. I'd settle for 1 new item per quest it they were unique and well done and desired. Something that would give what you use right now a serious run for your money. And they don't have to be 'much better'. They just need to fit a niche for whatever class you want it for. This is not about making gear obsolete - this is about either complementing it or replacing an older piece that you're still holding onto.

But more then anything I personally want some form of longevity to this. A upgrade path - a something you keep grinding towards in order to 'make it your own'. Because right now if you do all the quests and get the few gear you want, this pack offers nothing else compelling.

You can't say the same about MOTU and GH. That speaks well for MOTU because of how big it is and how much it offers, and in lesser degree GH, because of how they implemented okay gear and a desire to grind away to what you want and upgrade what you have.

There is nothing like that in this expansion. What you see is what you get. No upgrade, no better tier, no adjustment, nothing. No sets, no combinations, no escalation. Every single gear piece is a dead end.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Nether Orb
    I said static.

I was expecting a weapon strong like Twilight. That orb is basically a +5 DC weapon, nothing else.

10% Lore is not enough for me to wear it. Red slot meh, it's on every weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Is it wrong that I'm happy I don't have to worry about any of these named items and can just work on finding a few lootgen items to bolster my gearsets?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Is it wrong that I'm happy I don't have to worry about any of these named items and can just work on finding a few lootgen items to bolster my gearsets?
    That's not wrong.
    But the fact is that the situation that makes you rightly happy is an error in itself.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

I personally think this is completely acceptable. I'm not really concerned with whether the loot is random lootgen, is named, or comes from a raid, an upgrade is an upgrade, and I would much rather have to change a couple gear slots in an update than change my whole gear set up.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Glorious Dawn (Ring)
    Deathblock VI (Deathblock + 18% neg energy absorb) (constant)
    Green Aug slot (constant)
    Acid Guard VIII (constant)
    Permutations: None

- Acid Guard VIII should be a permutation as it would then be in pair with the cloaks.
    18% neg energy absorption is way to low for this level, it should be 36%.
    Must have Radiance guard X as a constant.
    Quick note:
    The Glorious Dawn ring is actually doing Solar Guard. Apparently there is a typo in the mutation name for VIII only. All of the rest are named correctly. All of them, VIII included, are described correctly and doing the correct effect. So you should be doing Light damage, not acid.

We'll get the name fixed in patch (it isn't critical enough for a hotfix).

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Quick note:
    The Glorious Dawn ring is actually doing Solar Guard. Apparently there is a typo in the mutation name for VIII only. All of the rest are named correctly. All of them, VIII included, are described correctly and doing the correct effect. So you should be doing Light damage, not acid.

We'll get the name fixed in patch (it isn't critical enough for a hotfix).
    So it's intended for some of the weapons to not have an augment slot and to have less then 7 in enhancement?
    Generally the no augment slot was meant for items that were really powerful (like redfed, which in retrospect and with the change of damage and to hit stacks is subpar in every single way). I realize that MOTU item philosophy is different but it seems to be back in EGH. But there's nothing overpowering or especially appealing to the items in this pack that doesn't have it.

I'm trying to understand the philosophy here since it feels a little arbitrary.

Community Member

I hate reading too many forum posts so I don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but one feedback I would give about the keen items, everyone keeps calling them useless since any melee char would take the feat and they don’t stack, but they could. This new system of keen adding .5w and 1w like vorpal is good and the feat could be a +1 level to the keen of an item; making it stack in a small way. So you could put Keen 3 only on the end game items and a player with the improved critical feat would then be bumping the lesser keen items up by one. Whether keen 3 would be the max is then up to the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by umbathri View Post
    I hate reading too many forum posts so I don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but one feedback I would give about the keen items, everyone keeps calling them useless since any melee char would take the feat and they don’t stack, but they could. This new system of keen adding .5w and 1w like vorpal is good and the feat could be a +1 level to the keen of an item; making it stack in a small way. So you could put Keen 3 only on the end game items and a player with the improved critical feat would then be bumping the lesser keen items up by one. Whether keen 3 would be the max is then up to the devs.
    Great idea!

/signed

(So like Carnifex could get 1.5[W] @ level 8-9 if you take Improved Critical?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

Was the Power +200 pre-slotted in the green slot? If so that needs to be moved to the yellow slot.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    Was the Power +200 pre-slotted in the green slot? If so that needs to be moved to the yellow slot.
    I agree, and while they are at it - make it Power +225 or +250...it's min lvl 27 for petes sake!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    If augments came pre-slotted in the logical slot, they wouldn't sell very many jeweler's kits now would they.

Seems there are a lot of masked cash grabs in the next update.

A: Getting to a quest.
    ...1: Make getting to a quest a maze of buildings and mobs.
    ...2: Place an NPC that will gladly transport you for shards.

B: Random loot.
    ...1: Make most of the high level loot random, and create sub par named loot.
    ...2: Add a Reroll Loot button to chests for shards.

The nice thing was being able to test the Reroll button on every chest on Lamm. Guess what, rerolled random vendor trash became random vendor trash that cost shards.

They already destroyed the game economy with the shard exchange, now they make most loot random and many BtCoE. I can't wait to see ML:27 random loot on the shard exchange for 600 shards.

13 shards = $1

Just to be clear, I get upset about this stuff because I love this game. I have lived through the slow evolution to what the game is now, and while some things are fun and new on the surface, it feels like the core is rotting beneath our feet.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    For anyone that can upload pictures - frostbite is one cool looking scimmi.
    LMAO COOL omg I can't stop laughing Frostbite cool LMAO Seriously I'm wetting myself in laughter
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

Default random loot question

1. So can one get +9 or +10 or +11 on a random gen loot?

2. Can it be on the same type that those stats are on now? I.E. health +X is found on a belt, neck, etc? or is it some specific type only?

thanks
    Thando, Aarag, Keallen, Kuthroat, Sureshott, Skullcrusher

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    The AH is fully stocked right now, so I'm taking the opportunity to identify the various permutations available on the new items.

Goatskin Boots (Feet):
    Speed XV (constant)
    Colorless Aug slot (constant)
    Permutations: <STR|DEX|CON> +8, Armor +10, <Fire|Cold|Electric|Acid|Sonic> Resist +40, 115% Fortification
    Solid item, though I think 115% Fortification permutation is anemic. At the very least it should be 120% like the Prisoner's Manacles.

Prismastic Cloak, Blue (Back)
    Cold Absorption 30% (constant)
    Permutations: +10 Resistance, Natural Armor +10, +10 Competence to-hit, Bluff +20, Concentration +20, Diplomacy +20, Intimidate +20, Spot +20, Search +20, Haggle +20, Spellcraft +20, Heal +20, Listen +20, Wizardry X.

There are blue (cold), red (fire), grey (sonic), green (acid) and violet (electric) variations of the cloak.
    Cold Absorption as the primary draw makes it too niche of an item. At the very least these cloaks should also include spell crit bonuses for a specific element. For example, allow the blue cloak to absorb 30% cold damage, and provide +18% spell crit for cold spells.

Consuming Darkness (Ring)
    Seeker XII (constant)
    Combat Mastery +5 (constant)
    +5 Combat Mastery is a disappointment on an ML28 item. It should be +7.

Glorious Dawn (Ring)
    Deathblock VI (Deathblock + 18% neg energy absorb) (constant)
    Acid Guard VIII (constant)
    Damage Guards (even if it's supposed to be Light damage) are pathetic mechanics. Mobs with thousands of hitpoints dealing melee damage for 200+ makes a 40 point damage guard rather anemic.

Prisoner's Manacles (Wrist)
    Incite +30% (constant)
    Reinforced Fists (constant)
    Green Aug (constant)
    Colorless Aug (constant)
    Permutations: +45 <specific> resistance, +9 <STR|CON|DEX>, 120% Fortification, Armor +11
    Change the Incite to Healing Amp and you've got a winner. Not very exciting as is. The game doesn't need/want Incite gear when nothing demands being tanked.

Shadowsight (Goggles)
    WIS +11 (constant)
    Accuracy X (constant)
    Green Aug (constant)
    Ethereal (constant)
    Unless there's a randomly generated item with Deadly you can work into your gearset, this isn't going to replace EE Dream Visor. None of the named items have the Deadly attribute.

Stolen Necklace (Neck)
    CHA +10 (constant)
    Yellow Aug (constant)
    Permutations: Accuracy IX, Resistance +9, Wizardry IX, Bluff +19, Intimidate +19, Search +19, Spot +19, Natural Armor +9, Haggle +19, Listen +19, Spellcraft +19
    Paladins might go for the Resistance version, and Sorcerers for the Spellcraft version. I was really surprised not to see a Perform variation for Bards.

Shade's Hood (Head)
    Resistance +9 (constant)
    Green Aug (constant)
    Yellow Aug (constant)
    Permutations: +45 <specific> Resistance
    There is nothing compelling about this item to consider replacing EE Dragon Helms. It needs better permutations like Deadly to make that happen.

Gloves of the Master Illusionist (Hand)
    INT +11 (constant)
    Illusion Focus +5 (constant)
    Yellow Aug slot (constant)

Nether Orb (offhand)
    Reg Aug (constant)
    Spell Lore X (constant)
    Energy Siphon XII (constant)
    Permutations: +5 <Transmutation|Conjuration|Enhancement|Necromancy| Evocation> Focus
    Until DC casting becomes viable again, these items are wallpaper. Shiradi casters are still better off with a fully upgraded Twilight and the Planar Conflux bonus. Shiradi casters don't care about max INT or Illusion Focus.

Skullduggery Kit (Waist)
    Exceptional INT skill +6 (constant)
    Exceptional DEX skill +6 (constant)
    Green Aug (constant)
    Permutations: Seeker X, Tumble +20, Protection +10, Hide +20, Open Lock +20, Move Silently +20, Repair +20, Swim +20, Disable Device +20, Speed X, Dodge +10%, Hit Points +50
    This item obsoletes melee belt options from Giant Hold in a good way.

Some casters will use this as a consolidation item for the 10% Dodge or +50 HP variants, and gain +6 Spellcraft.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

The items (especially the caster-oriented ones) are terrible. Poor itemization, no augment slots, and weak bonus combinations. We all just ground out epic GH gear, no way I'm replacing certain GH items for U19 items that are nowhere near what they should be for their level.

It isn't just an increase in a bonus that makes an item desirable. It's slot consolidation, unique effects, convenience (is it a swap item, or a static item?)....

I'm very disappointed with the items from this pack. There are only one or two that I would grind for, and the rest will either be passed or vendor trash.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Well, in fairness I'm absolutely replacing my (planned but never acquired) +8 intricate field optics on my casters with +9 or +10 lootgen stat items, for sure.

The +3 insightful hats, though? No chance in hell those are going anywhere.

Great idea!

/signed

(So like Carnifex could get 1.5[W] @ level 8-9 if you take Improved Critical?)
    OH HELL YEAH!

/signed like a gazillion times!

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    OH HELL YEAH!

/signed like a gazillion times!

Stoner81.
    /signed to reapply to old named items (well, even currently dropping ones) the newest preffix/method workaround

what's the deception in midnight greetings? what's the keen in carnifex?

also ic and vorpal (both feats) should simply increase the keen $/vorpal $ in the weapon, so from 0 to 1, from 1 to 2, etc etc ofc with a highest/defined value
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234