Unhappy Sharn Syndicate no min level rings now min level 5

Logged onto Lamannia with my lowbie to check and saw that my no min level items collected from the sharn syndicate series are now all min level 5.
    Things such as my single clickie haste ring on live is no min level.
    on Lamannia is min level 5.
    Even haste pots are no min level.

What has happened here to retroactively change all our items from low or no min level into higher basically worthless items.

Also retroactively affected are those old no-min level rings from Lordsmarch and the Twelve
    My no-min level con+4 ring is now min level 7 and yet all the stat pots for +4 stats area all level 1.

My no-min level intel 5 ring is now min level 11..

Why are previously earned no-min level items being changed to level items worse than Cannith crafted items.

Is it DDO's intention to screw players out of these hard earned items and retroactively change all these into vendor trash, or is it an oversight due to some mass blanket change of items in general that was not included in the release notes.

Do we owe this to rushed deadline programming or intentional design.

Are previous loot bonus day items that had lower than normal levels also being screwed over?

With all the problems DDO has why are they screwing around retroactively changing previously acquired loot.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 07-05-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Ick.

That'll suck for most of my lowbies (which is mostly what I have) since nearly all of them sport a piece or two of Sharn loot.

Hopefully just a Llama boo-boo.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

First Picture is the original item.
    Second is the changed Lamannia version from no-min level to min level 5.
    Third Picture is what I and most others would be using level 5..
    .. a single use min level 5 haste clickie is worthless.
    I would just carry a stack of haste pots that I can use at level 1.

Hopefully this is just a fup by loot rewriters and they are not rewriting all our precious loot.

...udated...
    Looks like my min level 2 Icy burst of pure good greataxe from a loot bonus day (3 years ago) has been changed to min level 6 from min level 2.
    So looks like this is affecting all random items including items from +loot bonus days from years ago.

Still checking to see what other items have been hit.... they may have impacted all non-standard loot level gear and weapons.
    Which means all my precious treasures have been turned to... [deleted to avoid any more Cordovan infraction points.....]

Is there a refund option for all the extra bank space I bought to hold these once useful items..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 07-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Yeah, this is just silliness. In the case of the lootgen haste goggles you have in the picture, at absolute maximum, they should be min level 3 as the BtA aspect should reduce the level by 2. Not only are items getting screwed, but they're getting screwed worse than they should be and newly acquired similar loot would actually be better.

I hope this is accidental and it probably is, but at the same time I'm sure Turbine is more than happy to take an opportunity to rid players of these items. It was certainly no exploit that they existed in the first place, but was probably not WAI. Taking away something that was arguably not gained through an exploit sets a poor precedent moving forward. If the no min level rings were to be nerfed, it should have happened as soon as it was discovered, not 3 years later.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Waiting for Dev comment.... cause this affect most TR's (including me)

Welp, it seems that my interest to play DDO dropped some down again as I go ML0 +6 STR, +5 Protection and 30% Striding ring live which I use a lot because I usually stick at lower levels to aid people.

How was the old saying...

"Don't nerf the strong. Buff the weak."
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

WAI
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    In DDO's past, items had minimum levels because they were explicitly placed in treasure tables to generate properly on that item.

Sometimes, mistakes were made when setting up quest arc rewards, and one item (rings, in several cases...) slipped through bugged with no minimum level.

Core changes to how items in DDO work mean that we (the developers) no longer set item level ourselves on an item by item by entering data in tables.
    Now, for non-named and non-raid items only, the item figures out it's own level properly based on the total value of the magical effects on it.
    This means that bugs of both kinds (randomly-generated items too high in level and items that were too low in level) will fix themselves, and these bugs cannot occur again in the future.
    I think that a 2 level reduction would work nicely and then the usual masterful craftsmanship chance for another 2 levels but the extra chance only on new items.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Devs won't comment. You'll take their flat, across-the-board changes, and you'll like them. That is your option.