Thread: F2P vs Sub

Community Member

Default F2P vs Sub

I was interested in playing DDO as a F2P player. Is it possible to obtain all content without using real currency? I prefer not to have any content excluded. I don't mind grinding as a F2P though, if there's a way I can acquire content packs / content.

On another note, is it possible to simply pay a monthly sub, so I can bypass the shenanigans?

Regards,
    Xav

Default Theoretically yes

You can grind most content, but you essentially have to earn favor, which earns you some DDO points for the favor you earn.

Here is a list of all the FTP Quests
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Guide_to_Free_to_Play

Once you grind enough favor and earn enough Turbine Points, you can then purchase Adventure Packs form the DDO Store with these Turbine Points.

Here is a link to the Wiki Turbine Point Guide
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Turbine_Point

There are also some good guides in this forum on the best strategies for grinding favor

Most people create a new toon, grind 100 favor (which gives you 25 Turbine Points) rinse and repeat.
    As you see, it can take some time to earn 100 free turbine points but you can theoretically get most of the content by grinding.

Its a case of Time V.S Money. You either have heaps of time and no money, or you have money but not enough time to grind all the content.

Cheers

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

http://ddowiki.com/page/Account_Comparisons

Shows the major differences between F2P, Premium (anyone who's paid real money), and VIP (subscribers).
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

Thanks for the info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by xavioureq2 View Post
    On another note, is it possible to simply pay a monthly sub, so I can bypass the shenanigans?
    The sub won't give you either expansion pack, but you can buy those for TP. Namely, you can save up the 500 TP the subscription generates each month.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The sub won't give you either expansion pack, but you can buy those for TP. Namely, you can save up the 500 TP the subscription generates each month.
    I see. So there are 2 expansions for DDO? Is there by chance an "all in one" bundle I can buy to acquire ALL DDO content / races / classes etc etc?
    Last edited by xavioureq2; 08-12-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xavioureq2 View Post
    I see. So there are 2 expansions for DDO? Is there by chance an "all in one" bundle I can buy to acquire ALL DDO content / races / classes etc etc?
    Not really, but a decent one to buy, especially if you find it on sale at the DDO market is the MoTU standard expansion. It includes four of the old Adventure packs plus the expansion packs, a class, Epic destinies, Vet status (start as level 4), and 1000 TP to buy what you want.

Plus it will make you a premium player (if you pay cash for it) with perks of it. Extra character slots, plat cap and auction cap removed and another monster manual that you can earn TP from that will let you buy more packs.

http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516100
    Last edited by wayreth602; 08-12-2013 at 01:41 PM.