Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,073

    Default Bug: Cannith Challenge items no longer respecting Masterful Craftsmanship

    Cannith Challenge items with the craftable property are no longer respecting Masterful Craftsmanship. For example, tier 3 Rock Boots at level 16, with Masterful, are minimum level 14 on Live, On Lamannia they are level 16. They retain the Masterful description in their list of properties.

    I also tried reapplying Masterful at the crafting station but the Rock Boots remained minimum level 16.

    Expected behavior is that Masterful lowers these items to 14 as they have always done on Live and as they were explained to function when Cannith Challenges were introduced.

    Bug report also filed.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Bumped and refiled bug report. Two examples shown below, which besides the Masterful bug, also demonstrate the mistakes in the lore features on Lama: lower numbers than they should be and for the cloak, not the right element.

    Live:


    Lama:


    Live:


    Lama:

  3. #3

    Default

    Only the names and descriptions of the Lore effects are incorrect. They're giving the correct bonuses.
    The names and descriptions are fixed for Patch 1 after Update 19.
    Thanks for the reports!

  4. #4
    Community Member Havok.cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarcasm Inc., Sarlona Branch
    Posts
    3,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Only the names and descriptions of the Lore effects are incorrect. They're giving the correct bonuses.
    The names and descriptions are fixed for Patch 1 after Update 19.
    Thanks for the reports!
    So lower spell crit than item used to heave WAI. Gotchya. Is this to counteract the spellcrit you are expecting us to spend AP on? I haven't looked that hard at those trees so I'm not sure if they have more or not. Any chance the thought process behind this change will be shared with us?

    On the same note, is there a reason the spell crit multiplier is being removed?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Only the names and descriptions of the Lore effects are incorrect. They're giving the correct bonuses.
    The names and descriptions are fixed for Patch 1 after Update 19.
    Thanks for the reports!
    Great news, you're welcome and thank you for the response and fix update.

    If you happen back this way again, could you let us all know if the way Masterful Craftsmanship is no longer lowering the level by 2 is an unintended effect of some other system change that you'll consider revisiting/special casing in a later patch or if Masterful Craftsmanship no longer affecting challenge items is WAI going forward? Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    So lower spell crit than item used to heave WAI.
    I am almost positive if you reread his reply, the implication is that the crit numbers are displayed incorrectly but giving correct bonuses. In other words, I'd guess they fall into the same progression as this and are actually around 14-16%:

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    New spell critical progression on items for single damage types will be:
    +10% (Level 1 items start here now!)
    +11%
    +12%
    +13%
    +14%
    +15%
    +16%
    +17%
    +18%
    +19%
    +20%
    +21% (Look for this on Epic Elite equipment at level 28.)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    If you happen back this way again, could you let us all know if the way Masterful Craftsmanship is no longer lowering the level by 2 is an unintended effect of some other system change that you'll consider revisiting/special casing in a later patch or if Masterful Craftsmanship no longer affecting challenge items is WAI going forward? Thanks.
    It's a technical hurdle that I'm working on a fix for. I'm optimistic I'll have a fix for patch 1, but I can't promise anything that isn't yet complete.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    I am almost positive if you reread his reply, the implication is that the crit numbers are displayed incorrectly but giving correct bonuses. In other words, I'd guess they fall into the same progression as this and are actually around 14-16%:
    This. The text is just wrong.
    We missed re-updating the text on those when we bumped the crit chances up a few weeks ago, but the actual bonuses they give you are 10% higher as they should be.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It's a technical hurdle that I'm working on a fix for. I'm optimistic I'll have a fix for patch 1, but I can't promise anything that isn't yet complete.
    No promises expected, I'm just very happy to hear you are targeting it for a fix and looking at it. Thanks again for the response.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    210

    Default

    thank you for the responses feather of sun

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    210

    Default

    patch 1 is live but I still see masterful craftsmanship not working and still wrong description in the cannith challenge items; I don't even read these bugs in the known issues section.
    Any idea if and when these bugs will be solved?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload