Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tukaw Reborn

Default Tukaw Reborn

*WARNING* : This build is NOT meant to be the best melee/caster out there. It is merely me trying to adapt a 2.5 years old build to DDO's current state while respecting the original build concept.
    However, it is not a flavor build as I tried maximizing every aspect of it (as always ).
    Read at your own peril!

Reviving one of everyone's favorites: Tukaw

For those who are new to the Tukaw concept, link to the official build post can be found here (133 000 views), and old video can be found here.

2 years and a half since Tukaw Arak on Khyber, my home server, came up with this brilliant idea. I've seen him in action, I've played with many tukaws and I rolled one myself back when the Tukaws ruled the world (Ok, this is a bit too much ).
    Many people have disliked Tukaws through the years, qualifying them of gimps, as they are not full casters (very low CC ability) and obviously they cannot compete with full melees in terms of DPS.

At the time, it would be considered heresy to combine 3 classes that do not seem to have anything in common together: Sorcerer (glass cannon) Paladins (Tanks or melee DPS) and Monks (unarmed DPS).
    The Tukaw was a completely revolutionary idea. It was the symbol of a new playstyle: players that wanted to combine soloing, being self sufficient and creating a toon that can deal spell damage and melee damage.
    The level cap was 16 and the original build was 12 Sorc / 2 Paly / 2 Rogue.

Things have changed a lot since then: Warforged becoming very rare due to the changes (See here for more information: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=381086), Level cal raised to 25, introduction of epic destinies and most importantly Epic Elite as a difficulty.

The original concept was to do melee damage and self heal through any incoming damage with an infinite amount of mana thanks to Torc+Concordant Opposition Greensteel item.
    The Torc, the Docent of Defiance and a Greensteel Greataxe were key to the build.
    What you lose in terms of raw melee DPS you gain in terms of versatility, Crowd Control, ranged damage potential with spells, kiting and saves (Saves have become very important with the release of MOTU).

Nowadays, the build with its original concept will still work well on Epic Casual, Epic Normal and Epic Hard.
    However, for Epic Elite, mobs hit hard so the idea is pretty much the opposite: not get hit at all.

Epic Destinies will give the new Tukaw a ton of versatility: Legendary Dreadnought for soloing purposes and general questing (Most of the Time), Fury of the Wild for raiding or when there's already several Blitz in the group and finally Shiradi Champion/Draconic Incarnation (When you just need raw DPS through spells - DQ2).
    Tukaw Reborn takes advantage of the new Tenser's Transformation: You gain a +4 alchemical bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, a +6 alchemical bonus to Armor Class, and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons. Your base attack bonus equals your character level. Your spellcasting ability is reduced, resulting in a -2 penalty to all spell DCs, -2 to your rolls to bypass enemy Spell Resistance, and doubling the cooldown of your spells.
    This truly isn't as bad as it sounds: when you have Blitz running, your caster damage will be nowhere close what you'll dish out with melee. It also means one reconstruct every 10 secs, which is fine knowing you can use Reconstruct scrolls or use repair spells in the meantime. Also, for EEs, you will have many ways to CC mobs and reduce the damage taken, therefore reducing the need for reconstructs. (With Tenser's, no more Divine Power clickies!)

I present to you the new Tukaw!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 Sorc / 2 Paly / 2 Mnk WF Lawful Good w/ Legendary Dreadnought

STATS (for 36)
    Str - 18+6(lvl)+4(tome)+2(compl)+2(yugo)+2(ship)+2(rage) +8(item)+2(insight)+4(alchem)+5(primal)+1(exc)=56
    Dex - 8+3(tome)+2(compl)+2(ship)+2(yugo)+7(item)+2(insig ht)+4(alchem)=28
    Con - 18+4(tome)+2(compl)+2(ship)+2(yugo)+2(rag)+(6item) +2(insight)+4(alchem)+2(enh)+5(primal)+1(exc)=50
    Int - 8+4(tome)+2(Compl)+2(ship)=16
    Wis - 6+4(tome)+2(compl)+2(ship)+6(item)=20
    Cha - 14+3(tome)+2(compl)+2(ship)+2(yugo)+8(item)+3(enh) =34

*You will need to adjust initial stats based on tomes you have available to you.

32 pts/34 pts
    18 STR/18
    8 DEX/8
    16 CON/16
    8 INT/10
    6 WIS/6
    14 CHA/14

FEATS AND LEVELING PATTERN

1. Stunning Blow & Toughness/Completionist
    3. Cleave & Power Attack
    6. Great Cleave
    9. Quicken
    12. Maximize
    15. Improved Critical: Slashing weapons
    18. PL: Arcane Prodigy or SF:Evocation
    21. Paladin Past Life/Extend
    24. Overwhelming Critical

1 - Monk for Extra Skill points
    2 - Paladin for Greatsword proficiency
    3 - Monk for dirty Evasion and extra feats early on
    4 - Paladin for Cha to saves
    5-20 - Sorcerer

SKILLS
    Max UMD
    Balance
    1 in tumble

HIT POINTS
    20 base
    +10 Favor
    +50 Epic levels
    +64+20+16=100 class
    +400 con
    +30 GFL
    +30 barb pl
    +27 Toughness
    +40 enhancement
    +50 Legendary Dreadnought Levels
    +5 tortoise
    +45 shroud
    +10 Savant
    +20 yugo
    =837 HP sustainable

Enough when you have godly saves and evasion.

ENHANCEMENTS
    WF Power Attack 3
    WF -5% spell failure
    WF Healers Friend 1
    WF Con 2
    Paladin Toughness
    Sorc Cha 3
    Racial Toughness 4
    Saves boost I
    Improved Maximizing I
    Way of the Patient Tortoise I
    Extra Smite Evil I
    Earth Savant II
    Sorc Acid Manipulation VII, Crit chance IV, Crit multiplier V
    Sorc Ice Manipulation III, Crit Chance I, Crit multiplier III
    Sorc Force Manipulation II
    Sorc Repair Manipulation II
    Sorc Energy of the Dragonblood II
    Sorcerer Wand and Scroll Mastery I

Came down to Earth savant vs Fire savant but the Dragonbolt at 16 is just too good to skip.

EPIC DESTINY - LEGENDARY DREADNOUGHT
    1. Legendary Tactics (3), Extra Action Boost (2)
    2. Improved Power Attack (2), Momentum Swing (3)
    3. Lay Waste (2), Critical Damage (3), Haste Boost (3)
    4. /
    5. Advancing Blows (2), Devastating Critical (2)
    6. Master's Blitz (2)

*Pretty much only one way to do it.

TWISTS OF FATE

1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4: Fury of the Wild)
    2. Tunnel Vision (Tier 1: Fury of the Wild)
    3. Primal Scream (Tier 1: Fury of the Wild)

SAVES
    F-16+4(GH)+6(res)+1(alch)+1(ship)+2(luck)+20(stat)+1 2(cha) =62
    R-16+4(GH)+6(res)+1(alch)+1(ship)+2(luck)+9(stat)+12 (cha)+1(haste) =52
    W-16+4(GH)+6(res)+1(alch)+1(ship)+2(luck)+5(stat)+12 (cha) =47

STUNNING BLOW
    10 base
    16 item
    3 Ftr pl
    6 destiny
    20 str
    =58 DC

MELEE DAMAGE

With CLEAVER:

15-71 - (2.50 +1.5W LD)=4W [2d8] + 7 Slash, Magic - 20/x3
    +5 PA
    +3 PA enh
    +3 passive monk PL
    +2 good hope clickies
    +23 strength
    +4 claw
    +4 prowess
    +2 ship
    +3 divine favor
    +8 enchanted
    +3 LD (considered 1d6)

=75-133 Front number damage
    + 3d8 Phlebotomizing
    + 6% Doublestrike
    + 13 static sneak damage

With ESOS:

18-58 - (2.5+1.5W LD)=4W [2d6] + 10 Slash, Adamantine, Magic - 18-20 / x3
    +5 PA
    +3 PA enh
    +3 passive monk PL
    +2 good hope clickies
    +23 strength
    +4 claw
    +2 ship
    +3 divine favor
    +10 enchanted
    +3 LD (considered 1d6)

=76-116 front dmge number
    +13 static SA
    But you crit 3 times more often. If someone knows how to represent damage while taking into account crit profiles, I'm interested!

Overall, nothing crazy but pretty decent for a sorc!

DEFENSES (Dodge, PRR)

DODGE
    4% DunRobar ring.

PRR
    15 Prowess
    =34
    Not much but every bit is nice to have.

Note: For EE: It's important to remember that the best defense is attack: keep blitz running and you'll be fine. Dealing fast with any mob removes any danger. Improved deception is simply awesome, make good use of it! Finally, you have Displacement, cloudkill and stoneskin available to you.

SPELLS
    1. Jump, Nightshield, Protection from Evil, Magic Missiles
    2. Resist energy, Scorching Ray, Knock, Repair Moderate Damage, Blur
    3. Displacement, Haste, Rage, Repair Serious
    4. Dimension Door, Acid Rain, Wall of fire
    5. Niacs Biting Cold, Cloudkill, Eladar's Electric Surge
    6. Reconstruct, Tensers, Otiluke's Freezing Sphere
    7. Waves of Exhaustion, Mass Prot from Elements
    8. Black Dragon Bolt

Note: If you exclusively run EE, drop Dragon Bolt for Ottos Irresistible dance (keep in mind there's a Spell Pen check).

GUARDS:
    Evil Guard
    Disintegration
    Mana proc from Torc
    Mana proc from Conc. Opp.
    HP proc from Conc. Opp.
    Trap the Soul Guard

More?
    When you want to regen mana, pull out your shield and a Dragontouched Docent + quick cast Fireshield. (Will work with EE archers, not so much for the rest )
    Fearsome (Tier 1)
    Crushing wave (Tier 2)
    Freezing Ice (Tier 3)
    Fireshield: Cold
    Fireshield: Fire

GEAR LAYOUT:

Head - Greensteel (+45 HP GS Helm, +5 Dex skills, Trap the soul guard)
    Necklace - Epic Torc of Prince Raiyum-de II (Wizardry 150, Mana regen effect, Slot w/
    Trinket - Planar focus of Prowess : Str 8
    Cloak - Adamantine cloak of the Bear (9 PRR, 7 protection, +6 Combat Mastery, 20% incite)
    Belt - Greensteel (Evil Guard / Concordant Op/+6 wis/+5 CHA skills)
    Boots - Epic boots of corrosion (Corrosion 72, Nul 72, 30 acid Res., Dis guard, Slotted:
    Bracers - Epic Gloves of the Claw (Hvy fort +2 ins. con)
    R1 - Seal of House DunRobar (+2 ins. str, +4% dodge, +10 stunning)
    R2 - Seal of House Avithoul (ins. +2 wis /S neak 5/exc sneak 3/ improved deception)
    Gloves - Epic Gloves of the Claw(str 6 30% amp)
    Goggles - Drow Smoke Goggles (+6 seeker, Manslayer)
    Body - Stone heart (8 cha, Res 6, Prot. 6, Toughness) / Docent of Defiance

Notes:
    There are many possible setups. This is just an example of what you could get. Could fit in the 3-piece abishai but I'm a fan of the Greensteel Helm look on a WF with red eyes Dragontouched/Greataxe/GS Helm/Torc/Conc. opp are absolutely mandatory to truly be a Tukaw!
    If you do not have an Epic Torc, just put Wizardry 150 on your tier 1 Greensteel Gogs).
    I'll give a less gear-intensive layout if asked to do so, but this is what you should be aiming for.

Weapon set ups:
    Cleaver, Hewer of the Mountains
    Epic Sword of Shadows
    Epic Antique Greataxe

Shield: Epic Kundarak Warding Shield (Slotted: -15% Arcane Spell Failure) when tanking/using guards.

PLAYSTYLE

Now that we know what the Reborn Tukaw is about, how do you play one? O.o
    This builds versatility is amazing:
    Caster mode: nuke fest.
    Caster/melee mode: Divine power junkie, dotting, kiting and cleaving.
    Tank mode: Guards, 20 base DR with DoD, Dot/Kite.
    Melee mode: Tensers frontline melee cleaving his way with Master Blitz and making good use of the 2 melee CC options: Stunning blow & Lay Waste.
    Utility mode: High UMD with Scroll mastery for raid healing, buffer, provides cloudkills on tanks and can offtank.

With the spells & melee abilities the build has on a solid saves/DR/evasion platform, the new Tukaw can adapt to any situation

I'm waiting to hear some of my fellow Tukaw-fans suggestions!

Sith
    Last edited by Symerith; 01-14-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Sketchy Adventurer aradelothion's Avatar

Love it, especially the Stunning Blow + Otto's Irresistable additions (granted, at the cost of BDB). Not something I'd try without Fighter and Wiz/FvS past lives, but they do address something that gave Tukaws a hard time post MOTU EE: getting surrounded by hard hitting (but usually mediocre SR) mobs and not being able to quickly take out (usually high SR) casters. On that note, I'd personally swap out the Torc and wear an enervation guard on EE though.
    Asmodeux | Carollous Magnus | Angeleus Dei | Solkanaar | Damodarius
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Why Claw gloves and not PDK?

Are the later sorc levels truly worth it? I ask because having recently run a 16/2/2 (monk) the DPS and capabilities you lose on the spell side are significant. Losing the T3 PRE is hard as well. Really think hard about Sorc 12 vs 16 ... and think what you can do w/ Wizard in the same mode.

I think front-loading pally and monk may not be the best plan. I would go Monk 1 / Pally 1 / Sorc to 8 at least before picking up the other Monk / Pally (but that's me). When I did it I didn't use a single blue-bar repair spell until level 16.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by aradelothion View Post
    Love it, especially the Stunning Blow + Otto's Irresistable additions (granted, at the cost of BDB). Not something I'd try without Fighter and Wiz/FvS past lives, but they do address something that gave Tukaws a hard time post MOTU EE: getting surrounded by hard hitting (but usually mediocre SR) mobs and not being able to quickly take out (usually high SR) casters. On that note, I'd personally swap out the Torc and wear an enervation guard on EE though.
    Yep, EE requires anyone to play the toon differently, and that includes gear. The epic torc is also the archmagi/dex item, which you could replace when you've used some mana by an enervation guard like you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Why Claw gloves and not PDK?

The pdk gloves give Str7 & ins. con 2 & healing amp 30%. You already have the 8 str covered on the Prowess Trinket and the con by the claw bracers. Healing amp is the same on both items.
    You lose 4 damage by switching to pdk gloves for no gain.
    You could then replace the 45HP helm by the PDK helm (Con7, ins. str 2, intim 15) and put that greensteel item on bracers, but you end up with uneven con, you already have ins. str 2 on the dunrobar ring and the intim is of no use. What you lose though is 1 pt of damage, heavy fort and the GS helm look on WF.

However, what you pointed out is a great alternative for those that cannot grind an epic claw set, since you can always put heavy fort on the 45HP bracers. Then, you only use 1 pt of damage.

Are the later sorc levels truly worth it? I ask because having recently run a 16/2/2 (monk) the DPS and capabilities you lose on the spell side are significant. Losing the T3 PRE is hard as well. Really think hard about Sorc 12 vs 16 ... and think what you can do w/ Wizard in the same mode.

I explained in the *WARNING* message that the Tukaw Reborn is "NOT meant to be the best melee/caster out there. It is merely me trying to adapt a 2.5 years old build to DDO's current state while respecting the original build concept."
    I am very well aware there might be better options as 12/6/2 or Wiz variants or even the best option being 16arti/2paly/2monk (tons of feat, +1W on esos).
    My goal is to adapt an old build to the current DDO and trying to change the least amount of things, including the way it's supposed to be played (Note that I changed 2 rogue to 2 monk. No ac potential here whatsoever and 2 feats is a requirement for OC).

I think front-loading pally and monk may not be the best plan. I would go Monk 1 / Pally 1 / Sorc to 8 at least before picking up the other Monk / Pally (but that's me). When I did it I didn't use a single blue-bar repair spell until level 16.

Finally, if it was me leveling up this build, I'd go 1 monk, all the sorc levels then take 2nd monk & 2 pallies last. However, I know that not everyone has access to the lowbie gear (handwraps) or lives I have and they would be better off with a two hander as a start. They would want as much survivability as possible (Evasion, extra feats for early Toughness/Cleave). But then, I'm sure vets will know what the best leveling pattern will be depending on the gear/lives they have available

OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Community Member

Correction

Alignment: Lawful Good

Well, this goes to show how powerful Destinies really are. When you can add stuff like Master Blitz to a build when solo'ing, a lot of otherwise "weird" builds become possible (again). Like what Haek posted, it wouldn't really be all that good without Blitz/Fury. Nevertheless, this is fun stuff to experiment with now. Again

Cue incoming Wiz Wraithform melee build with Blitz in 3...2...
    Thelanis -- Wulverine [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific all retired for now...]

Nice write up

Been a fan of the Tukaw since I saw 1 own the last fight in EtK on elite.

Have you tried out the tier 6 ability's in DI on this build?
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Quote Originally Posted by Dace View Post
    Correction

Alignment: Lawful Good
    Good catch, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Purkilius View Post
    Nice write up

Been a fan of the Tukaw since I saw 1 own the last fight in EtK on elite.

Have you tried out the tier 6 ability's in DI on this build?
    The first time I saw one was in the pit, Tukaw Arak PvPing against an Ultimega (few remember that name. It's a WF 18 paly / 2 rogue THF build), and they simply couldn't kill one another. That was when PVP was actually fun and you could spend 20 minutes fighting another guy without one of the two dying. Nowadays, 1 adrenaline is all it takes

To answer your question, I have not tried it for the simple reason I'm trying out another build atm on my main. I am however planning to play one next life to see how far I can go with one

OMNIPRESENCE

How long does your tenser's last?

For a more caster-oriented approach, one could go 18/2Pal, and forego Evasion, Cleave, Great Cleave and OC in favor of Earth Savant III and an extra feat (eg taking Pally PL and Extend), as well as longer self-buffs.
    What do you think about this?
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Yay Tukaw's back! that was my first life build...very fun!

I was going to hold off on this post (i was going to start a thread) until id maxed out my destinies, but it seems time is ripe.

I too have been working on evolving the tukaw for a modern game.

I present metaphysical of orien server. (my ddo the character if you want)

lvl split: 18 sorc 2 monk. - earth savant.
    My saves are up to mid 40's - Using destiny twists + gear.
    Hp are 650 to 750 dependant on bufs/destiny.

When Grouping I would run in draconic, when solo I would run in dred(for blitz) with energy burst twisted in.

I solved the 'hard to deal with SR caster mobs' by using earth grab - you used stuning blow.

I solved the 'hard hitter group problem' with high conjuration DC's - ie a solid WEB dc. This means i can ignore going for spell pen.

So far Ive managed to get my PDK favour, havent completed all quests on EE yet, and still working on destinies.

I remember running with miguel back on devourer. he ran a 16/2/2 - and before that a 12/2/2. hell he ran it with rogue before monk came out. Ive never been sure if Tukaw is infact the same chap - but id assume so, A lot us old euros got split up when we fled the sinking ship.

long live the ZT project!
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

if your using axes whats the point of monk levels? why not fighter or rouge levels instead
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

Quote Originally Posted by zarthak View Post
    if your using axes whats the point of monk levels? why not fighter or rouge levels instead
    2 Feats and Evasion. Fighter or Rogue gets you only 1 of those.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by zarthak View Post
    2 feats, evasion, +3 to all saves.

access to water stance when weilding staves and doing a caster role or trying to get through a trap, or kiting when saves realy matter.

Personaly im shooting for a cireth - and that means i can stay centered too.

I did breifly toy with handrwaps and stunning fist too.. stun dc was too low for my liking and regearing /twisting for that would have thinned the build out too much.

NEXT life tho... hes a handwrap user
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    How long does your tenser's last?

For a more caster-oriented approach, one could go 18/2Pal, and forego Evasion, Cleave, Great Cleave and OC in favor of Earth Savant III and an extra feat (eg taking Pally PL and Extend), as well as longer self-buffs.
    What do you think about this?
    1min36 without extend, so 30 secs more than scroll. The reason I'm sceptical about the scroll is because there are times where the damage you take is too great to keep meleeing. Having a short tenser means short reaction time and easier switching between melee and caster modes.

I like the 18/2 Pal approach except that it is much more caster oriented... no OC and with 18 sorc levels and earth savant, it's a waste not to take shiradi. With shiradi, your melee DPS is going to be terrible compared to MM spam with shiradi.

It all comes down to playstyle. I'm trying to keep the original Tukaw concept which was a self sufficient melee with casting support, and not primarily caster with some melee potential.

I will be playing PM for a little while but I should TR within 2 weeks. As promised, it is going to be a Tukaw and I'll try to make some videos. Not sure I want to keep it 16/2/2 or 12/6/2 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    2 feats, evasion, +3 to all saves.

access to water stance when weilding staves and doing a caster role or trying to get through a trap, or kiting when saves realy matter.

Personaly im shooting for a cireth - and that means i can stay centered too.

I did breifly toy with handrwaps and stunning fist too.. stun dc was too low for my liking and regearing /twisting for that would have thinned the build out too much.

NEXT life tho... hes a handwrap user
    Sireth would work really well with the build but for me, a Tukaw is a Gaxe/Gsword type build and my esos is getting dusty in the TR cache, poor thing

OMNIPRESENCE

Thanks for the enlightening post about a revamped Tukaw.
    I didn't know of the original build to be honest, but I started playing something similar before Christmas, I'm currently level 21 (with almost the xp for 23).

15 wiz / 2 monk / 3 paladin

WF Archmage III (magic missile, gust of wind and chain missiles SLAs)

Feats include Power attack + Overwhelming critical, no THF line for me but i could try it instead of empower/something else.

Force + Acid enhancements (I use only spells without save)

The basic concept is to use Shiradi destiny to stun the enemies with a shower of missiles (2 SLAs + the regular un-metaed spells), then melee using Tenser's.

I'm having a great fun so far

I just want to say it here, too:

You can take rogue instead of monk if you prefer to have very high UMD, Able to open doors, Sneak Attack and still get +3 to reflex (though you lose 3 to fortitude and will, and even more if you're centered and in water stance).

You can sacrifice Past Lives/SF and Extend for it. They're really not so important IMO, even though SF is good. But I prefer to be have a very good all-around utility build than optimizing.

The stats for 32-point builders are here:

18 STR
    8 DEX
    16 CON
    8 INT
    6 WIS
    14 CHA

Although I might drop STR to 17, and increase INT to 11 for Concentration, Open Lock, UMD and Balance (+1 tome eaten for UMD, as my first 2 levels would be rogue. +3 INT tome eaten later for Balance, as Tak himself said that the knockdown was a huge issue for him)
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    I just want to say it here, too:

You can take rogue instead of monk if you prefer to have very high UMD, Able to open doors, Sneak Attack and still get +3 to reflex (though you lose 3 to fortitude and will, and even more if you're centered and in water stance).

You can sacrifice Past Lives/SF and Extend for it. They're really not so important IMO, even though SF is good. But I prefer to be have a very good all-around utility build than optimizing.

The stats for 32-point builders are here:

18 STR
    8 DEX
    16 CON
    8 INT
    6 WIS
    14 CHA

Although I might drop STR to 17, and increase INT to 11 for Concentration, Open Lock, UMD and Balance (+1 tome eaten for UMD, as my first 2 levels would be rogue. +3 INT tome eaten later for Balance, as Tak himself said that the knockdown was a huge issue for him)
    For me, the 2 monk are very important. +3 to hit/damage for 12 min per shrine and stunning blow is more important than additional SA damage especially for a soloing build (Even if the avithoul ring makes the extra SA work pretty well).

Skill wise, you can reach a high enough balance/UMD without the need to sacrifice 2 feats.
    The original Tukaw made use of the 2 rogue levels for very specific reasons:
    - Haste boost I (I have Haste Boost IV anyway and you cannot take it twice). (not valid anymore)
    - He did not need the extra feats as OC didn't exist at the time (not valid anymore)
    - He wanted to get traps (still valid)
    - He could not reach a high enough UMD score without the rogue levels (not valid anymore)
    - SA damage (still valid)
    - He tried to avoid getting any kind of AC boost to make the Torc+ConcOpp regen possible.(not valid anymore)

Overall, there's no damage difference between the 2 rogue vs 2 monk, so it all comes down to trap utility.

I will add the 32 pt version to the post for those interested, thanks.

OMNIPRESENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    For me, the 2 monk are very important. +3 to hit/damage for 12 min per shrine and stunning blow is more important than additional SA damage especially for a soloing build (Even if the avithoul ring makes the extra SA work pretty well).

Skill wise, you can reach a high enough balance/UMD without the need to sacrifice 2 feats.
    The original Tukaw made use of the 2 rogue levels for very specific reasons:
    - Haste boost I (I have Haste Boost IV anyway and you cannot take it twice). (not valid anymore)
    - He did not need the extra feats as OC didn't exist at the time (not valid anymore)
    - He wanted to get traps (still valid)
    - He could not reach a high enough UMD score without the rogue levels (not valid anymore)
    - SA damage (still valid)
    - He tried to avoid getting any kind of AC boost to make the Torc+ConcOpp regen possible.(not valid anymore)

Overall, there's no damage difference between the 2 rogue vs 2 monk, so it all comes down to trap utility.

I will add the 32 pt version to the post for those interested, thanks.
    True, true. Like I said, picking rogue is less optimal, but I like opening doors

And besides, My own Tukaw build went for rogue, so I just can't swap them out without a +3 Heart :c But I still have my free LR for him, so I might still respec his feats and ability scores for something like this.

Oh, and I wouldn't drop out the Stunning blow still though. That with Sneak Attack could work well
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    Good catch, thanks!

The first time I saw one was in the pit, Tukaw Arak PvPing against an Ultimega (few remember that name. It's a WF 18 paly / 2 rogue THF build), and they simply couldn't kill one another. That was when PVP was actually fun and you could spend 20 minutes fighting another guy without one of the two dying. Nowadays, 1 adrenaline is all it takes

To answer your question, I have not tried it for the simple reason I'm trying out another build atm on my main. I am however planning to play one next life to see how far I can go with one

oh lord i remember those days. i spent many time fighting those two toons. i was a person to be reckoned with and tukaw was hard as hell to kill.

Hematoma if you remember me from the pit
    Sarlona:Hematoma,Ceethreepeeo,Masturwindew,Aretwodeetoo,Ohbeewahn[color=white].

Proud Leader of Zerger's Anonymous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast