Hey all with all the discussion about new PrEs and an announcement of a new Sorc PrE coming soon I figured this was a good time to talk about Dragon Disciple...now since we have a whole tree to fill instead of just 3 tiers splashing in a few abilities prestige like Eldritch Knight or Swiftblade will help us flesh it out a bit (note: the devs have shown their open to this ie. Spellsinger+Virtuoso & HOTD+KOTC)
Here's some ideas mulling around in my head...I DO NOT expect all these abilities to be included I'm just listing various ideas to spark discussion feel free to make your own suggestions and I'll add them to the list. (My personal view of DDO Dragon Disciple is at the end of this post)
- Name it <Color> Dragon Disciple and have it like Savants where there's different versions for each element with slight differences.
- Natural Armor and PRR Increases to reflect your skin becoming dragon scale hard (probably have it increase for every core ability purchased)
- Bonuses to Str, Con and Charisma (aspect of the dragon or w/e)
- Breath Weapon (Element based on color choice) uses per day = Con mod
- Elemental Resistance (eventual immunity) based on color chosen
- Some immunities based on chosen color (similar to how palemaster gets undead-like immunities)
- Some sort of "Dragon Form" like the Palemasters forms...probably is where some of the abilities suggested here are accessed/gained. No need to change healing type since most Dragons are healed by positive energy...although it would be a thematic capstone to be healed by your chosen color/element
- Sorc Level counts as 1/3, 1/2, a full fighter (tier allotment up to devs) for purpose of feat pre-reqs.
- Grant extended duration to Haste, rage and tenser's tranformation eventually culimntaing in a tier 5 ability that makes them last until rest and be undispelable (even immune to beholder antimagic cone)
- Spell Resistance
- Ways to reduce or eliminate ASF either by ASF value or just by armor type (and grant proficiency)...like Tier 1 could nullify ASF for Light Armor/Light Shields, Tier 3 Medium Armor and Large Shields, Tier 5 Heavy Armor and Tower Shield (along with the relevant proficiencies)
- Some sort of Dragon roar ability that triggers an intimidate (does trigger intim cooldown) and cause cause fear (shaken on save)
- Damage Reduction/ X, where X is based on color (ie. Black = Adamantine, White = Crystal)
- Toggle abilty that allows you to expend Mana per strike to deal extra damage of your colors element (or maybe just a Single Element buff similar to Artificer "Elemental Weapon" except it stacks with any spells of that nature...probably part of the "Dragon Form")
- Spellpower bonus based on color choice (probably per point spent in tree kind of thing)
- Unarmed gains x[W] and piercing to reflect growing claws. (amount of increase up to devs...make it nice enough to matter though)
One thing I'd like to see with DD is to be weapon/armor neutral IOW it could be unarmored, light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, Sword & Board, 2-Hander, TWF, Unarmed that mixs martial and arcane prowess quite well to make a fun and unique Prestige Tree. This way the builds associated with this tree could be vastly different...varying between a Single-class Sorc to Light splashes and to deep multi-classing.
Now all that said here's my personal preference for Dragon Disciple wrought with bias