Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default The Official Elf Enhancements Discussion Thread!

We are currently previewing Racial Enhancements on Lamannia.

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the Elf Enhancement Tree!
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 07-03-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Community Member

For those of us at "work" and not able to sign in can we please get some details?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

2016 DDO Players Council Jeromio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    For those of us at "work" and not able to sign in can we please get some details?
    Pretend to be ill and go home instead!!!
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromio View Post
    Pretend to be ill and go home instead!!!
    I'm actually surprised that he hasn't figured out a way to play at work!
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ganolyn View Post
    I'm actually surprised that he hasn't figured out a way to play at work!
    I don't have firewall access, I've tried!
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    I don't have firewall access, I've tried!
    You need to get some one with firewall access addicted to DDO.

Community Member

Wizard 7 is the quickest way to get firewall probably, so just contact your nearest midlevel wizard. Sorcerers would work too, but I don't think are as easy to contact.

Still digesting... some of the costs seem a bit steep but I need to better understand the trees.

Unhappy with: The elf weapon bumps are still there, but for some reason they're still about the same bonuses as the current enhancement tree. All the +1's to-hit feel weaksauce given the new to-hit scaling in game and some other trees get +8 type bonuses.

Happy with: Top tier of the elven weapon enhancements has (use dex to-hit for all weapons) and a 3% to everything bump (3% doublestrike, 3% ranged doublestrike, 3% dodge and 3% bypass dodge).

Also elven arcanum (bonus Spell Points/Spell Pen) appears to not be wizard only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

hmm, wasn't there any Elven Toughness ? Need to check on live...
    I'm almost certain there was and I can't find it in the tree.

Anyway, Right now for my cleric, the new Elven enhancements are basically useless.
    I haven't spent a point in them AT ALL. ( and I went looking for toughness )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

We've taken out most of the racial toughness enhancements. We had previously found that Toughness was considered mandatory by many players and wanted to make it more of a choice than before.

Instead, we've added +5 HP to Heroic Durability (a feat that all characters start with at level 1), and characters also gain +5 HP when you taking the 5th, 10th, and 15th class levels for any class. (That's tied to class levels, not character levels, at this time.)

Community Member

This Toughness change is phenomenal news.

Great to see enhancements still pop up in some classes and races, however.

Binding Shadows: Might prove useful if it cost say, 12 sp. 4 uses when mobs regen 1 neg level every 2 seconds where you'd want to actively debuff is... not so useful for something that costs a feat + ap + ap spent in tree and on pre-reqs.

Arenal weapons: tack on 1 spellpower per so it's a true universal amp, and bump the cost down to 1 per (Seriously, I have an 8 strength, no weapon finesse clonk that hits ee mobs. This stuff is no longer the amp you think it is in the majority of the context we use it in.)

Auto-search could be a nice perq, and the 1 point bump in enchantment after amping your saves is nice in theory, but I'm really not so sure in practice.

Arcane Fluidity: made me frankly angry to see the sheild asf reduction killed off.

20 points spent in the racial tree to round off a stat (and this goes for all of the racials) on top of having to spend more points on the 'autogrants' seems seriously punitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We've taken out most of the racial toughness enhancements. We had previously found that Toughness was considered mandatory by many players and wanted to make it more of a choice than before.

Instead, we've added +5 HP to Heroic Durability (a feat that all characters start with at level 1), and characters also gain +5 HP when you taking the 5th, 10th, and 15th class levels for any class. (That's tied to class levels, not character levels, at this time.)
    Very awesome news. Well done.

I hope this will be changed to character level in the future. Modifying HP based on level splits with no regard to what classes you have feels kind of random, even if only a few characters will get "non-standard" HP bonus.

Level splits of 15/5 or 10/10 or 10/5/5 will now be +25 HP.
    Level splits of 14/3/3 or 14/4/2 or 13/4/3 or 12/4/4 will now be +15 HP
    All other level splits will be +20 HP

That's great news and I like that change. It will free up some APs and allow for more customizing because you are right that taking all the Toughness enhancements is pretty much mandatory.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

So... From bottom

Bottom:
    Looks well... Like only for a ranger and no one more. Id add to these 2% -> 2% doublestrike or 2% damage. To every one of these skills on bottom and would look better.

Tier 1:
    I dont see here anything Id like to take. entangle should be ANY skill choosen from a player based. Not wisdom only. Its race tree... Lets not force elves to become divines or monks if they want to use this skill. And DC is really low...
    10+half character level + wisdom mod = so... considering that to hit things on EE u need 60 dc at least to have chances to land it at least 40-50% of time ... So you will need hm.. 86 wisdom? Rlly? :/
    You made epic content and epic destinies. Lets not make every DC based heroic skill useless...

Tier 2:
    Decent. I may take some of these. But true is -12 penalty is big. Id change it to -7 max.

Tier 3:
    Dont know bout duration of Feywild trap but hope its longer that its at least 1 min. And that it STACKS. If not - unowrthy. Not spectacular but strong dragonmark and AA may make it worth points-spending.

Tier 4:
    1 ability is very strong - the one with 3% for lot of things.
    But dragonamark... It would be better to make it like implosion applying 1d4 neg lvls around. Considering its limited use... single target sound bad and not worth it.
    Also ... only to hit? If it was + dmg I could takew it. If not ... well then, too bad.

Summary: Fix DC of Entangle to be usable in EE content. And well... It seems even if lower lvl stuff is not so great. average one. If u do fixes to top tier and dc level may be decent.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 04-11-2013 at 06:29 PM.

I find the Elven Racial Enhancements for any divine or arcane caster underwhelming. (Judging by a pure racial point of view) From a ranged\melee point of view they are OK.
    Except Arcanum (Tier 3: 100SP and +3 Spell Penetration) elves have nothing that favors a spellcaster.

Humans have the following:

1. Human Versatility: Spell Power Bonus (As a tier 0 ability I would like to add, so for no cost they get 5x clickies of 20 USP for 20 seconds)
    2. Traditionalist Caster (+10 to USP while using a Staff or Orb)
    3. Human Adaptability: x (+1 to desired stat)
    4. Skill Mastery - +1 to all skills (Relevant as Spell Power for elements is decided by Heal, Repair and Spellcraft.) From a divine point of view you can gain +4 total bonus for the Heal skill. (Self-Sufficient+Skill Mastery)
    5. Action Surge: x (While under the effects of an action boost you gain +1/+2/+3 to the desired stat)

Half-elves sacrifice Traditionalist Caster (+10 USP while using a staff or an orb) for Improved Spell Casting (+3 USP) BUT they also gain Arcanum (100SP and +3 Spell Penetration).

Note: The arguement over how some enhancements are not worth it compared to their AP costs is not the main issue, as they at least have the option to pick something relevant for a spell caster. An elf spell caster doesnt even have the choice. (Elves are also traditional wizards not only rangers...)

What I suggest is to add something to complement casters as well. Some random suggestions:

1. Make Arcane Fluidity grant +1 or +2 USP per tier (Up to a maximum of +6 or +3).
    2. Change or add an enchantment that improves Spellcraft for an elf caster. +1/+2/+3.
    3. Change Elven Dexterity to: Elven Dexterity or Elven Intelligence (Basically gives a choice between Int or Dex).

I feel that in its current form, the racial enhancement tree favors human and half elf casters too much compared to other races.
    "We will live and see."

Community Member

Hi,

So why was it done this way? Why not do it by character level instead?

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Would anyone be kind enough to post the enhancements list for those of us without the Lama client, please?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

So what does the Elven AA line look like? Assuming it still exists.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast