Hybrid View

Community Member

Lightbulb new item affixes like Deadly and Accuracy

Hi,all~ been enjoying the beta and surfing on forum in the recent weeks and I think the upcoming expansion is great(despite the disapointment of no new raids LOL)
    I have some questions about the new affixes introduced in U19,
    Having my main toon as a weapon-based DPS dealer,I am most interested in new affixes that boosts my to-hit(Accuracy), dmg per hit(Deadly), seeker(like old version) and doublestrike (termed Doublestrike X%),attack speed(Speed);
    From what I have seen both on forum and Lamania, am I right to say that all of the above DPS-ralated affixes except attack speed are suffixes?

If so,that means we can't have more than 1 of these DPS-boosting suffixes(Accruacy,deadly,seeker,doublestrike) on a same loot-gen items, and we have to upgrade at least 4 pieces of gear for higher to-hit,dmg per hit,seeker,DS,unless some named loot come out with 2 of the 4 suffixes on it(which to my knowledge does not exist yet)
    I think we need a new named item with 2 of the 4 DPS-boosting suffixes on it,or at least 1 of the 4 suffixes and a random suffix(which means a little grinding LOL),
    but I definitely dont fancy the idea of grinding all of the 4 suffixes on random loots!
    PLZ make the DPS-boosting suffixes FIXED on LIMITED named loots(the epic elite Dream Visor is a good example)!

BTW, is it possible that both affixes on a same loot-gen item(ML28) are on the highest value? like accuracy X(maybe +11?) and SPEED X?
    will the ML exceeds 30?(a mastercrafted Accuracy +11 and Deadly +11 item would be awesome!)

and I apologize if my english is confusing ya~
    Last edited by Manasdirge; 08-08-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    IGN Manasdirge; guild:excalibur

The speed thingy comes as an epic feat, none of the speed related things stack so I doubt this one will with an item.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    The speed thingy comes as an epic feat, none of the speed related things stack so I doubt this one will with an item.
    well you have to spent the lv27 feat to get permanant haste,so why not put it on item and save a slot~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manasdirge View Post
    well you have to spent the lv27 feat to get permanant haste,so why not put it on item and save a slot~
    I think its on a pair of the new boots.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post
    I think its on a pair of the new boots.
    yes, the attack speed is on some boots,but what about the 4 suffixes(accuracy, deadly,seeker,doublestrike)?

DDO and DnD have always been about tradeoffs. I don't think the Devs will serve you all suffixes that you want on a plate. If you can fit the suffixes into your item layout you are lucky but you have to leave others out. If you can't because you also want other stuff like Resistance, Protection, Deathblock and whatnot too then you have to make a choice...as always. If it wasn't that way every melee character had a similar item layout which would be quite boring.
    Shuricannon 2.0 Drow 20 Monk Thrower for DPS, Nethercannon Shadar-Kai 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Rog Thrower for Past Lifes
    Shiradi Shuricannon Drow 20 Monk Thrower for Defense, Shiradi Warcannon Warforged 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rog Thrower...Throwers for the win