Community Member

Question Iconic Pally Build

Hello all,

I have some questions please on how to build my lvl 15 Iconic Pally.

I tried a pure healing pally but was not happy with that as I have my cleric to do that:-)
    So I was thinking of a fighter build say 3 monk,3 fighter, 3 pally ? and this is where I need your advice:-)
    what builds do you recommend for a fighting warforged iconic pally??

I would really like to know:-)

Many Thanks for your inputs and advice.

Regards,

Dr.Merlin lvl 25 drow elf wiz 3rd life:-)

You still want as many Pally levels as possible or your self healing will be poor, and a warforged/bladeforged melee based build needs self healing for obvious reasons. I think a fighter splash of 2 levels for haste/str/feats or splash 2 levels of monk is best. Pick up PA. cleave and great cleave and you will have a nice build, though it's kind of cookie cutter. Not sure what will work best with the new enhancement pass coming.

Community Member

Thumbs up Iconic Pally Build

Many Thanks for your advice much appreciated.
    what do you mean by PA Feat?
    also do you think i should go for two handed fighting feats? and maybe take the feat for khopesh for weapons?

Thanks,

Dr.Merlin:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    You still want as many Pally levels as possible or your self healing will be poor, and a warforged/bladeforged melee based build needs self healing for obvious reasons. I think a fighter splash of 2 levels for haste/str/feats or splash 2 levels of monk is best. Pick up PA. cleave and great cleave and you will have a nice build, though it's kind of cookie cutter. Not sure what will work best with the new enhancement pass coming.
    Last edited by Moose_Head; 08-08-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose_Head View Post
    Many Thanks for your advice much appreciated.
    what do you mean by PA Feat?
    also do you think i should go for two handed fighting feats? and maybe take the feat for khopesh for weapons?

Thanks,

Dr.Merlin:-)
    PA=Power Attack
    Especially nice when using a 2-handed weapon

I would say yes to the two handed weapon feats AFTER you take PA, Cleave and Great Cleave.
    I would say no to the Khopesh feat if you plan on taking Cleave/Great Cleave/THF.

Paladins are already slim on feats, and if you go Khopesh, it would imply taking the TWF chain as well. This would imply a DEX of 17 for GTWF, and since Paladins already need STR/CON/CHA, it's tough to work in a high DEX as well. This is not to say it won't work, since tomes, 32-36 point builds, and other work arounds can make it do-able. However, on a Bladeforged Paladin the THF is easier, especially with the DEX penalty.

Community Member

Default stuff

Many Thanks my friend for your advice:-)

Dr.Merlin

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    PA=Power Attack
    Especially nice when using a 2-handed weapon

I would say yes to the two handed weapon feats AFTER you take PA, Cleave and Great Cleave.
    I would say no to the Khopesh feat if you plan on taking Cleave/Great Cleave/THF.

Paladins are already slim on feats, and if you go Khopesh, it would imply taking the TWF chain as well. This would imply a DEX of 17 for GTWF, and since Paladins already need STR/CON/CHA, it's tough to work in a high DEX as well. This is not to say it won't work, since tomes, 32-36 point builds, and other work arounds can make it do-able. However, on a Bladeforged Paladin the THF is easier, especially with the DEX penalty.