Default LR-ing a multiclass

So I have a 10-2-2 arti. I was thinking of lesser reincarnation. Do I need a +3 lesser heart of wood or just the basic +1 heart of wood? I intend to keep the same classes the character has now....just want to reset build. Will I be able to choose the same classes as I rebuild the character from level one?

If you are not adding levels but will remain with the same 10/2/2 then you don't need a + on the heartwood at all.

You only need a + on the heartwood if you are changing the number of levels you are giving to each of your existing classes (or, if you have less than 3 classes, if you are replacing a class level with a completely new class).

When you go through the reincarnation you will automatically have the character class selected for you at each level matching what you did so far. So, if you chose rogue at L1 you will start out at L1 already a rogue.

You only use a + heartwood if you want to change that choice.

In your case, with 3 character classes, the only thing you could do would be to change to one of the other two classes.

For example, let's say you are artificer 10/fighter 2/rogue 2. And, let's say you took rogue at levels 3 and 7.

Now you recognize that you want to keep the same 10/2/2 split but you want rogue to be taken at level 1 for the extra skill points. So, you are going to swap your artificer choice at L1 for rogue and your rogue choice at L3 for artificer.

To do that is 2 changes so takes a minimum of a +2 heartwood. You can't buy this, so you would choose a +3 heartwood because that is the smallest you can get that will let you make 2 changes.

So, you buy the +3 heartwood and at level 1 when you are automatically an artificer (in this example) you instead choose rogue. You will be on the character creation screen and you'll get a warning that this was not your original choice. It will tell you that if you continue it will use up one of the changes off the heartwood so that you will only have 2 changes left.

Later, when you log into the game to complete the reincarnation process, you will be told at each level that you chose a particular path. This works on almost all of the character classes but, IIRC, there is no dialogue for Druid. So, if you have druid levels you won't get anything telling you that this was your choice -- you just have to remember that no message means you are on a druid level.

Otherwise, you'll be told you chose artificer or fighter or whatever. To keep that just follow the dialogue and make the choice connected to that. Otherwise, if you choose something different, it will use up one of the changes from the heartwood.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

thanks for your help