Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Fvs Talk"

Default "Fvs Talk"

Hello this is hotncold, im sure you guys must have heard of me if your on Khyber server, this is my first post and wanted to share how i make my stats to became a healer fvs
    This build is ment to solo heal most raids and its not as efficient as a evoker or melee
    Human or Helf works fine (Dilly sorc for Popping recon, gh, etc. VS 1 extra feat)
    Str:8 base +8 str item
    Dex:8
    Con:18 +8 item +2 exc
    Int:8
    Wis:14 base +3 tomes +6 conc opt
    Char: 18 Base +6 lvl ups +6 tier from EA, +2 Char from EA, Teir 3 char, +8 Item, +3 ins,+2 exc, +2 capstone,+5 tome,

Feats: Max, Emp, Heighten, Quicken, Mental toughness, Imp mental toughness, Epic mental toughness, Toughness, Epic Toughness

Enhancements
    Max all Heal spell power
    Max all crits and chance of crits of light and heal
    Tier 3 Charisma
    Both fvs prestieges
    All fvs spell point scions
    Unyeilding or undying call (your pick)
    Capstone rest is up to you

Helm: Any helm of your choice
    Necklace: Since GH changed you can change it around but i chose Warchanter for the set bonus
    Trinket: Planar Focus: Erudition +3 ins char
    Cloak: EH or EE Mantle of Dragon friend
    Belt:Rahkirs belt
    Ring:Warchanter Ring
    Gloves: +8 str gloves
    Boots: +8 Con boots
    Ring: Rahkirs Ring
    Bracers: Any thing will do as long as it has a slot to get a +35 sapphire slot to put in
    Goggles: Greensteel Con op(+6 wis and +100 sp)
    Armor: Flawless blue dragonscale armor
    Weapon layout: Staff of petitioner, Twilight, Element of magic(equipped 90% of the time)

Yes i know the gear seems a tad outdated but its still efficient and its hard to lose -4 sp to maximized spells and a stacking arcane lore
    with this gear you should have roughly 4.5
    Hotncold - 25 Fvs 4.6K sp junkie/Davethebar 16 Arty 2 Rgr 2 Monk Juggernaut

I like it, seems very efficient spell point wise and healing wise. I cant wait to try it out....and farm for half the gear u mentioned lol.

Community Member

Heighten seems like a not needed feat. Other than that... it'll heal for sure.

I don't really understand why 18 charisma over 18 wis because that's merly a couple more SP (and 2 ranks in UMD) but I guess if you're aiming for a heal bot, that's the wise choice.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 08-04-2013 at 09:52 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    yes although heighten isn't important as the other feats, its nice to have because itll help the fact that your dcs are kind of lacking

heighten adds to your DC to bypass spell pen easier, and the charisma is 18 for more spell points, wisdom is only needed for offensive spells which he has given enough points into with all his gear slots.

Community Member

Okay. Guess you know what you're doing .

Looks good, but wouldn't it have been more appropriate to put this in the class discussion area?

Quote Originally Posted by Domthegreat View Post
    heighten adds to your DC to bypass spell pen easier, and the charisma is 18 for more spell points, wisdom is only needed for offensive spells which he has given enough points into with all his gear slots.
    heighten, while it does increase DC, it is irrelevant in bypassing/assisting in bypassing spell pen.

Also seems odd for a healbot to not have emp heal...
    Last edited by kuro_zero; 08-04-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

I don't really understand why 18 charisma over 18 wis because that's merly a couple more SP (and 2 ranks in UMD) but I guess if you're aiming for a heal bot, that's the wise choice.
    indeed i would agree with that wis is more effective then charisma but in this case this is a heal bot

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    heighten, while it does increase DC, it is irrelevant in bypassing/assisting in bypassing spell pen.

Also seems odd for a healbot to not have emp heal...
    Yes i do know its odd to not have empower heal but youll have so much sp and how much your healing for and when lvl 28 is available thatswhat my next feats going to be

Community Member

I dont think heighten will do anything for you, DC otherwise being so low. The DC of my Wiz is about 10 higher than yours would be (at level 19) and I already get plenty of saves.
    Epic toughness has 21 con as a pre req, at least if the wiki is up to date, I dont have it and dont know it from personal experience.

I would probably go for an Elf (because I always do) for Invisibility and Displacement (can be cast on others as well and cant be removed other than by death as much as I know). Then get as much spell absorption on Items as I can and a high move silenty skill, probably from a 2 monk split to make up for the 2 feats and get evasion/higher saves for quests where that is more useful than ac and prr.
    That would be my take on a heal bot fvs though, a different approach, not a suggestion to adjust your build.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevinC View Post
    Yes i do know its odd to not have empower heal but youll have so much sp and how much your healing for and when lvl 28 is available thatswhat my next feats going to be
    Empowered heal works on several of the epic destiny SLAs. Healing is cheap and easy, spell points are not that big an issue. I also have to agree that heighten is not going to be enough to provide workable DCs.

So... focus on con to increase survival, and realize that you can change destinies to swap out offense/defense.... and you end up with NovaSoul

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMay View Post
    I would probably go for an Elf (because I always do) for Invisibility and Displacement (can be cast on others as well and cant be removed other than by death as much as I know). Then get as much spell absorption on Items as I can and a high move silenty skill, probably from a 2 monk split to make up for the 2 feats and get evasion/higher saves for quests where that is more useful than ac and prr.
    That would be my take on a heal bot fvs though, a different approach, not a suggestion to adjust your build.
    I'm waiting on open beta, but I agree with your direction. Based on the feedback from multiple people, I think I'm going to try an elf 18/2 for the next version of NovaSoul.

Community Member

I'll also have to agree with people going elf and splashing monk for displacement, evasion and better saves.

We used to praise the DR coming from the captstone but if you focus on EE, it doesn't mean anything anymore. Though if you play on other difficulties, it is still a good choice.

A healbot really doesn't lose much by sacrificing DCs, DPS and even a bit of SP for more survivability. He mostly gains from it.

I'll also have to agree with people going elf and splashing monk for displacement, evasion and better saves.

We used to praise the DR coming from the captstone but if you focus on EE, it doesn't mean anything anymore. Though if you play on other difficulties, it is still a good choice.

A healbot really doesn't lose much by sacrificing DCs, DPS and even a bit of SP for more survivability. He mostly gains from it.
    this build is ment to be a "stay back and heal" type so that means the evasion is not really necessary and also with the gear lay up with this build the evasion wont do much in EEs and elf lose -2 to con which is always a pain in the butt, yes they do get +2 to dex that means 1 point of extra reflex save but taking helf you can take sorc dilly and scroll displacement and ect, although that isn't a bad idea, I just find my heal play style to be accustomed to this build, and with the heighten your dc should be in the 30s,in EH or EN that's fine to be using BB, comet fall, implosion ect but yes the survivability is better then this

2014 DDO Players Council

taking helf you can take sorc dilly and scroll displacement and ect
    With the super-high Charisma you're building for, you can just scroll those WITHOUT Sorc Dil. You should be able to hit UMD in the low 40s without trying very hard at all. With a bit of gear, maybe 50ish could be within reach.

with the heighten your dc should be in the 30s,in EH or EN that's fine to be using BB, comet fall, implosion ect
    Heighten doesn't help Implosion at all, and I don't see how 3 points on BB is worth it on a Wisdom-dumped stay-in-the-back-and-heal build. Empower Healing (or even Enlarge) is probably a better uses of your feats than Heighten for this build.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    With the super-high Charisma you're building for, you can just scroll those WITHOUT Sorc Dil. You should be able to hit UMD in the low 40s without trying very hard at all. With a bit of gear, maybe 50ish could be within reach.

Heighten doesn't help Implosion at all, and I don't see how 3 points on BB is worth it on a Wisdom-dumped stay-in-the-back-and-heal build. Empower Healing (or even Enlarge) is probably a better uses of your feats than Heighten for this build.
    your right it is,i actually made some changes to it since I trd last night i modified the heighten to emp heal for better healing on the cocoon

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

and yes i am aware that heighten doesn't affect implosion

Yes, elf may be useful, but 18/2 fvs is not the best choice because you only get 2 lvl 9 spells, and personally, i cant run around on a healer and not have implosion, energy drain, and mass heal. Altough i do agree that the saves would be nice, and if u were going for that build of 18/2 id suggest helf fir the dilly because you can take pally dilly and get an extra +5 to your saves.

Community Member

this build is ment to be a "stay back and heal" type so that means the evasion is not really necessary and also with the gear lay up with this build the evasion wont do much in EEs and elf lose -2 to con which is always a pain in the butt, yes they do get +2 to dex that means 1 point of extra reflex save but taking helf you can take sorc dilly and scroll displacement and ect, although that isn't a bad idea, I just find my heal play style to be accustomed to this build, and with the heighten your dc should be in the 30s,in EH or EN that's fine to be using BB, comet fall, implosion ect but yes the survivability is better then this
    No need to scroll Displacement. Just scroll ShadowWalk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast