Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lyacryma View Post
    (Braces self for inevitable flame/hate at me)
    As well... a new system really really really badly needs to be added in, allowing players to stay in their respective 'useful' EDs while still gaining exp for less useful ones.
    Be it at a exp penalty, or shifting exp from a maxed to a nonmaxed ED, then staying in
    the useful ED and releveling it, or some other form.

The only thing I disagree with is this. The idea of working one ED to level up another 'unfun' ED is like training as a welder to get a pilot's license. I would even go so far as to say it is anti-D&D. How about letting body-builders strengthen their legs by doing bench-presses? May as well as Turbine to sell a Tome of Epic Destiny for each ED @ 5000 TP - '...reading this tome will max out the specified epic destiny...'.

Epic Easy Button. /not signed
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    This allows you to wipe destiny xp completely without player complaint if you set it up so that:

1) Heroic TR does nothing to destiny xp or fate points. They stay the same and you start at level 1 just like now.
    2) Epic TR resets ALL destinies, but you keep your fate points AND you get to accrue more fate points by regrinding those reset destinies next life. Because of this huge reward, you also start fresh at level 1, keeping the theme of TRing.

This is a massive epic reward that would make people want to do epic TR regardless of the epic past life feats. The fate point system is already limiting by only allowing up to tier 4 to be twisted. It would take a whopping 42 fate points to twist in three tier 4s. That would mean taking all 11 destinies to tier 5 twice and then another 16 destiny levels on the third life. That's an appropriate grind for an appropriate reward, and a valid justification to start back at level 1 for an epic tr.

Such a system would be a win for everyone, on every level. (Note: As Thrudh points out, the destiny map should remain unlocked as well.)
    I like this, but prefer the one 'locked' ED per EDTR. This would gradually protect the ED's, and would also provide a decreasing limit to the grind.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Default Not doing it again

I grinded out most of the destinies my first life so if l lose all my xp in those just for tring l won't see a need to tr and without tring not much use in half the stuff l buy from the store to help me in the game so l would stop buying points and playing so much

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Nope, please burn the castle down.

Seriously speaking, our next version will include that feedback.
    Thank you for this update and the previous one (indicating Warpriest and ED TR are being worked on, among other things).

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    I believe you underestimate Turbine's ability to mess up the game.
    Well played !!!
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Also expect epic hearts to take a bunch of somethings that occasionally drop from EE raids. Maybe just the level 28 raid that comes out with u20.

Basically, what they are likely aiming for is players playing to cap and the store being the primary source of epic hearts with the changes.
    Prediction: Epic TR hearts will be sold in the store and/or via Astral Shards. They'll have the same minuscule drop rate as other store items in chests. There will not be a grind Heart option like tokens for heroic hearts.

Has there been any indication there will be a raid for u20?

Turbine: Since we don't have a new raid in the next expansion, we need something for them to grind so they stay here rather than get the gear they want out of the new content then take another 9 month break.

Players: Grind is bad, and taking stuff we already earned away from us is bad.

Catch 22 gridlock is awesome.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    Prediction: Epic TR hearts will be sold in the store and/or via Astral Shards.

Doubt it, but if they do, great. I hope they do sell ETR hearts for AS. It will give me something to spend them on.

Community Member

We're putting time into the Epic TR design - for obvious reasons, it's important to you.

Now that Shadowfell Conspiracy has hit Code Freeze (last night), the team is digging into important Patch 1 items like the Warpriest Enhancements tree and picking up Epic TR design again.

I expect we'll have an update for you on Epic TR in the next 3-4 weeks, for feedback before we dig deeply into implementation.
    Thank you. For me, this is a very reassuring statement from Turbine in the wake of Producer Glin's flipant "all 8 of them" remark. At least someone at Turbine realizes how important the the ED xp saga is to those of us who have maxed EDs. I saw the PDF preview Enhancement tree on another post, and am very excited. Given the potential for totally screwing up enhancemnts, I feel that the forthcoming change will be very positive (at least for me). Anyway, heres hoping that the powers that be, dont screw those with capped EDs out of the 21,600,000xp we grinded for. I for one am looking forward to the idea of Epic TR, with the caviat, that I and all the other folks wont get bamboozled out of all our EDxp. The upcoming enhancement changes give me hope that the more lucid folks at Turbine will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    The only thing I disagree with is this. The idea of working one ED to level up another 'unfun' ED is like training as a welder to get a pilot's license. I would even go so far as to say it is anti-D&D. How about letting body-builders strengthen their legs by doing bench-presses? May as well as Turbine to sell a Tome of Epic Destiny for each ED @ 5000 TP - '...reading this tome will max out the specified epic destiny...'.

Epic Easy Button. /not signed

Agreed. It's a lot like demanding to be able to earn past life feats in other classes while TRing into the same class over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Agreed. It's a lot like demanding to be able to earn past life feats in other classes while TRing into the same class over and over.
    39 WF Sorc lives here I come!
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    The only thing I disagree with is this. The idea of working one ED to level up another 'unfun' ED is like training as a welder to get a pilot's license. I would even go so far as to say it is anti-D&D.
    Anti-D&D, you mean, how you can't use months a months worth of dagger stabbing experience to learn say, how to be a bard? Gotcha.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    39 WF Sorc lives here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    Anti-D&D, you mean, how you can't use months a months worth of dagger stabbing experience to learn say, how to be a bard? Gotcha.
    Mindcakes had me wondering sincerity vs. sarcasm, and I had to ask myself whether there really was a way to get bard levels by playing an assassin.

I used a free LR+20 on lam to respec my copied toon. As I think on it, the mechanic to do just this is already in game, and I am sure some use the LR just for this. Expensive, but workable. *sigh*

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

We're putting time into the Epic TR design - for obvious reasons, it's important to you.

Now that Shadowfell Conspiracy has hit Code Freeze (last night), the team is digging into important Patch 1 items like the Warpriest Enhancements tree and picking up Epic TR design again.

I expect we'll have an update for you on Epic TR in the next 3-4 weeks, for feedback before we dig deeply into implementation.

Anyway we can get info sooner so people do not use their LR20 on making a build or change that may be different than what they would do prepping for an Epic TR pastlife on?
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Will you be riding a purple unicorn in this fantasy land of yours?
    Only if you gonna paint yourself purple and put a horn on your head my little unicorn.

It's funny how people think there are no other quests in this game that give just as good xp 50k+ range that take less then 10 minutes. Why would I just do impossible demand 1 min runs to cap destinies or 3 min dimension door runs in rusted blades quest.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567