Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Immediately post ED release (and some months afterward IIRC), weren't there quite a few reports of people losing all their ED experience after an *LR*?
    Maybe it's just me, but when I heard of the whole new epic TR stuff, the first thing I thought was the Turbine's tactics of updating the descriptions if a bug couldn't be fixed.
    Reincarnation wiping out ED - now WAI!

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Of course there's no right way to play
    Yes there is, my way.

I'm sorry you play wrong but that has to be the case because you disagree with me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Yes there is, my way.

I'm sorry you play wrong but that has to be the case because you disagree with me.
    Then you must be a masochist since your way brings you so much pain. Kinky.

Then you must be a masochist since your way brings you so much pain. Kinky.
    Don't judge, DDO is far cheaper than a dominatrix.

I've also been done with my EDs for 9ish months on 6 characters meaning I don't have to waste any more time running magister on a fighter or something equally ridiculous and un-fun. A little pain is worth it to never have to do it again.

And I never will do it again. If TRs wipe EDs I will never TR again, neither will any of the end-gamers who already have their EDs done.

And at this point TR is the only thing getting any money from me. I often buy my hearts in the store and pay for XP pots. Hanging at cap costs me nothing and I'm not the only person who will do this. This will be a revenue loss.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Different playstyles.

I do an ED a life. Takes me a little over three hours.

Of course there's no right way to play, but if you hated the way you did it, perhaps it was the wrong way for you.
    It may not bother you having your character in a destiny that has nothing to do with your build and possibly making things harder for others in a group, if you do that. But some of us don't like doing that and respect groups by being in a more proper destiny. Nobody likes their characters feeling weak which is why many of us ED farm Rusted Blades or Impossible Demands to get it over with. Its not about "doing it wrong" or a "preferred play style".

Hero

I've also been done with my EDs for 9ish months on 6 characters meaning I don't have to waste any more time running magister on a fighter or something equally ridiculous and un-fun. A little pain is worth it to never have to do it again.

And I never will do it again. If TRs wipe EDs I will never TR again, neither will any of the end-gamers who already have their EDs done.

And at this point TR is the only thing getting any money from me. I often buy my hearts in the store and pay for XP pots. Hanging at cap costs me nothing and I'm not the only person who will do this. This will be a revenue loss.
    Truth. At end game I may spend money on loot gems when the +2 loot is on. I don't buy RTB's since they are cheap on the AH. And that's it.

TR's are indeed where a good chunk of the market is.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    It may not bother you having your character in a destiny that has nothing to do with your build and possibly making things harder for others in a group, if you do that. But some of us don't like doing that and respect groups by being in a more proper destiny. Nobody likes their characters feeling weak which is why many of us ED farm Rusted Blades or Impossible Demands to get it over with. Its not about "doing it wrong" or a "preferred play style".
    My TR choices revolve around what ED I need next. At no point am I ever in a useless ED. It very much is about playstyle. My playstyle is TRing a lot, so I can afford to plan ahead and not have these problems.

Community Member

Default Give the devs some time

It wouldn't make sense to engage us until they have a well-thought-out plan formulated considering all the nerd rage the last post generated.

The concept of removing ED XP on TR is insane yet Turbine proposed it.
    That's not the concept of the post you quoted. The concept there is that you lose all your destiny xp even if you don't TR; just by virtue of having TRed before, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I guess I'm utterly insane, then. Though I don't view it as LIKELY, I certainly view it within the realm of "remotely possible". Possible as either a bug, or as a deliberate nerf.
    For reals? You really think that every single TRed character on all servers -- even if they don't TR again -- could lose all their destiny XP and that this could conceivably be WAI?

I stand by my characterization of this worry as "utterly insane."

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

My TR choices revolve around what ED I need next. At no point am I ever in a useless ED. It very much is about playstyle. My playstyle is TRing a lot, so I can afford to plan ahead and not have these problems.
    That play style works for you if you are in a class that fits the destiny you are gaining xp for. I have no interest in TRing into a caster class just for the ED xp. I have to work my way through that ED to unlock adjacent EDs and gain fate points to unlock the twists I want. This is one reason why some of us find ED farming not fun and also why some of us don't like to play our weak builds in groups running quests we actually want to run and on the difficulties we want to run. Some understand the reasoning for leveling through opposite class EDs, but it still doesn't make it anymore fun.

So you can spend a lot of time playing 1 mediocre toon? I'd rather have a stable full of awesome. Well, mostly awesome and a bard.

You're style is a big grindy waste of time.

Franchise Director ProducerRowan's Avatar

We're putting time into the Epic TR design - for obvious reasons, it's important to you.

Now that Shadowfell Conspiracy has hit Code Freeze (last night), the team is digging into important Patch 1 items like the Warpriest Enhancements tree and picking up Epic TR design again.

I expect we'll have an update for you on Epic TR in the next 3-4 weeks, for feedback before we dig deeply into implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    We're putting time into the Epic TR design - for obvious reasons, it's important to you.

Now that Shadowfell Conspiracy has hit Code Freeze (last night), the team is digging into important Patch 1 items like the Warpriest Enhancements tree and picking up Epic TR design again.

I expect we'll have an update for you on Epic TR in the next 3-4 weeks, for feedback before we dig deeply into implementation.
    LOL . . . like 80 pages of torches and pitchforks wasn't enough feedback to let you know how well a blanking of ED XP would go over?

True that. The amount of fun each provides is a different question.

Amen.

I have a freaking first-life wizard who is one of my more solid go-to toons. He's been capped for years, and he's my default solo-guy. I capped his EDs before anyone else of mine.

If they are all reset, he'll never get those TRs.

Same. Though at this point, with the uncertainty of what's going to happen to whatever, I'm leveling 2nd stringers through some past lives.

Hell, I have one character that I've TR'd twice since the announcement - and I've not bothered to farm any EDs because I don't want to lose the progress - would hate to freaking do the ED stuff on the two that are going to keep TRing and lose it. It'd **** me off more than not knowing what the hell is going to happen.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Franchise Director ProducerRowan's Avatar

LOL . . . like 80 pages of torches and pitchforks wasn't enough feedback to let you know how well a blanking of ED XP would go over?
    Nope, please burn the castle down.

Seriously speaking, our next version will include that feedback.

Community Member

I'm assuming he meant feedback concerning their latest and greatest ideas for implementation

2014 DDO Players Council

the team is digging into important Patch 1 items like the Warpriest Enhancements tree and picking up Epic TR design again.
    Input was asked for regarding turning Protection into Warpriest on the Lama forums...right before the Lama forums became closed except to participants in the closed beta. So I'd like to offer a piece of bird's-eye-view suggestion on that idea here and now:

ADDING a Warpriest tree is a great idea and much needed to support melee-oriented divines.

However, TAKING AWAY the option of the Protection tree from NON-MELEE divines is a slap in the face. Please, MORE VIABLE OPTIONS, not fewer.

I know some people think Protection is useless, and, though I do feel it needs some work (much of it is useless or way under-powered and over-priced), I also feel that it does have definite utility in there as well, both for caster-oriented, and for more healer-oriented divines. Based on what I saw during the enhancement beta, I fully expect to have Protection as my main tree (more than half my AP there) for my caster FvS after the enhancement pass goes live.

Again, I'm not saying not to give melee divines a Warpriest tree; they deserve it. But that's no reason to dangle what's there in Protection then snatch it away from me.
    Last edited by SirValentine; 08-07-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Hero

You tell us to do that, but when we do everyone at Turbine just stops posting..

Community Member

Seriously speaking, our next version will include that feedback.
    Thank you!

I really like the iterative approach you are taking and the the fact that you are soliciting and reading our feedback!

Community Member

So you can spend a lot of time playing 1 mediocre toon? I'd rather have a stable full of awesome. Well, mostly awesome and a bard.

You're style is a big grindy waste of time.
    It's interesting that you view it as a big grindy waste of time, while I probably would view your style as such. I can get a first life toon into endgame in 3 days. Then what? Grind the same three quests for the rest of my life? No, that makes no sense. It's the reason why I view DDO endgame as a silly worthless thing and think the real endgame is TRing. Even if I leveled a bunch of toons into endgame, I'd still be grinding the same handful of quests for the rest of my life... just with different toon.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast