Community Member

Default Epic Token Farming

I just got back from a few months long break and the quests i used to farm for whole Epic Dungeon Tokens now only drop fragments. What are some good quests that will drop Whole or a high number of fragments that dont take long to run?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke2100 View Post
    I just got back from a few months long break and the quests i used to farm for whole Epic Dungeon Tokens now only drop fragments. What are some good quests that will drop Whole or a high number of fragments that dont take long to run?
    If you have access to them Canith Challenges are the best source of Epic Dungeon Tokens (Or Tokens of the Twelve as they've renamed them) 300 Epic (Insert ingredient here) = 1 Token. I can usually get 300 Epic ingredients in about 5-8 minutes.

For quests, I can't help you there, I tend to get a few fragments while farming for old epic gear and eventually trade them in, but when I want Tokens reasonably urgently, it's Challenges.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke2100 View Post
    Whole tokens don't drop from quests that "don't take too long to run", that's the point....

But in terms of tokens:minute, the most efficient runs are still Time is Money and Devil Assault, I think

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    I can usually get 300 Epic ingredients in about 5-8 minutes.
    No you cant....there's only two Cannith Challenges that are even that short, and you could do nothing but harvest purples for 5 mins straight and you wouldn't get 300 mats out of them....they usually yield about ~100-150, so you're looking at about 10-15 mins per token.

DA takes about 30 mins and yields 2 tokens, IIRC, so they're comparable

Community Member

I used to farm the challenge Buying Time for tokens, but recently discovered that Labor Shortage pays better especially solo. Labor Shortage gives about 84% of your score in mats while Buying Time is about 75% of your score so you have to collect fewer crystals to get the same amount of mats (which means you don't have to work as hard and don't have to change the torch pathways so often). I usually get between 300 and 450 mats in a 10 minute solo run (which is between 1 and 1.5 tokens). Sometimes I do slightly better or slightly worse (don't think I have ever broken 500 mats in 10 minutes solo), but it is quite efficient for a solo activity that doesn't require begging other people to join your group and pass you tokens like Devil Assault does.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Lol.

I prefer challenges. I almost always get 225 +/- 25. I never buy more minutes. Once in a while it will suck and I will recall out and once in awhile I will get 300+ in 5 minutes... so I would use 200 as a running average.

I get 2 tokens every 15-20 minutes. Devils Assault, 2 Tokens for 30 minutes.

Challenges are a lot faster for 20 tokens. Devils Assault can yield some nice shroud materials and boots materials.

I hate the long waits in between waves in DA. Some people hate working with the kobolds.

To each his own. But straight tokens, Challenges about 3 hours to TR - DA about 4.5 - 5 to TR.
    Jeremiiah - Isaiiah - Zephaniiah - Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild

I should also add...

If people/guild mates are willing to help you...

You can solo DA in 30 min. Have 5 friends come loot shroud mats and you get 10 tokens...

I would call this a 40 minute run with the hassle time for the looting coordination.

Also, may range from 1 extra to 10 extra depending on situation.

So having friends is the fastest way...lol
    Jeremiiah - Isaiiah - Zephaniiah - Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild

Community Member

Default Oob?

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Whole tokens don't drop from quests that "don't take too long to run", that's the point....

But in terms of tokens:minute, the most efficient runs are still Time is Money and Devil Assault, I think
    Not that I don't agree overall, but An offering of blood, on a Masters Blitz is almost comparable after they fixed the drops in there. The quest is nice an linear with mobs all a long to keep blitz up - you can even take the time to loot 4 extra chests without to much fuss if you need sands seals. To me it breaks the mind-paralysis I begin feeling when entering one of those challenges that you have to run between 30-40 times to get the 20 tokens you need for TR, guess I get bored to easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

Community Member

Thank you all very much, ill try a few of these suggestions and use wich one i like the most. Thx again