Community Member

Default Newish to the game, looking for casual leveling guild

I'm relatively new to the game, but I have the lv 4 character creation account upgrade and have been testing out the different classes. I've played 3.5 pnp a lot, but this seems fairly different. Looking for a guild that I can level with and get to understand the subtleties of this game, and/or some advice for leveling solo. I'm hoping to play a sorcerer but don't have a strong preference. Will play whatever class is needed if it means entry to a reliable guild.
    Thanks

What server are you on?

Community Member

My sorcerer is on thelanis and I have a druid on khyber, but they are both still lv 4 so I'd be willing to make a new character on a different server.

Not to criticize, but "casual" and "leveling" tend to be mutually exclusive terms in this game due to the TR mechanic--leveling guilds are usually full of TR's who crush out levels at a very high rate leaving newbies in the dust.

You also don't need much XP to cap a new toon (it seems like a lot when you start, yes, but it's really not). So, I'd suggest you're better off setting your sights on people who want to learn quests, explore, and try new stuff. You'll learn more about how the game works when you're not panting along behind some 17th-life TR who's seen it all a hundred times and you will also get the XP you want as you go.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

On Ghallanda, I belong to a guild called "Peace Love and Monster Removal". It's mostly solo'ers and people who play casually and PUG.

Not very active or at least not on the member-interaction side, you won't find great conversation in it, but if you just want a guild with an airship for fast traveling and airship buffs it's a good fit without any commitments.

Also nice to keep a toon or two in it if you belong to a bigger guild for those nights you just don't want to deal with anyone and want some quiet/incognito DDO game-play.

If it sounds like something you want to join (even if it's for now while looking for a more traditional guild) just send "Daino" a message asking for an invite and mention you read about it on the forums. This also goes for anyone that sees this and wants to check it out.

Either way welcome to the game!

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,
    This is where we are now. Ride the walrus, or drown in its wake
    Thanks.