So I've been running a few CiTW raids lately and would like to start leading a few myself.
As someone with social anxiety, just the fact that I joined a pug is a feat in and of itself, but no matter. I've been able to solo my way up to lvl 24 so far, although I've yet to complete most raids, as I always fear being the n00b that drags the entire party down into a brawl because I screwed something up, but at the same time I don't want to just sit in the back and not do anything, I want to be a useful member of the group. So in order to fit somewhere in between, clear communication and leadership from the Raid organizer is always needed for me (yeah, I've read the thread about leaders needing to lead). I'd like to lead a few of these and welcome people new to the quest and walk them through it, helping out where others have helped me, and I've learned enough to know 90% of the tactics, but the end fight still confuses me a little, as I've seen it done a few different ways.
So here's the order I THINK works, you guys let me know what I'm missing.
1. Camp at the lower tier and fight whatever trash appears. Send Ana and her babysitter halfway up the ramp then come back, kill trash.
2. Send someone with Evasion up to pull the mobs down from the right side of the 2nd tier. Fight, kill, maim, etc.
3. After trash is dead, shrine and as a group head up to 2nd tier, hide behind the rock, kill mobs. Leave the Necromancer alone completely.
4. Somewhere in here the babysitter tells Ana to do her thing with the orb. Should it be before, during, or after mobs?
5. When trash is cleared, send dps any anyone else to beat Lolth into submission.
6. Once she's "down", every heads up to third tier and beats the trash up there. Once clear, leave Ana and her babysitter at the gate and have everyone head down to clear up what's left, including the Necromancer and anything else that's arrived, portal opens, Ana heads through.
So what do I have wrong? There have been times when the mobs seem to keep spawning (even with the Necro hanging out quietly in the corner), others where they don't seem to spawn much at all, not sure what happened. Are there spawns that key off Ana destroying the orb, and if so, what's the best timing on it?
What methods have you seen work better than others, and what can be done to lead a rockin' raid?