Default Please sell us Companion Invisibility

I have to admit that selling various companions was a genius idea, because:
    - it's not game breaking at all (companions don't give any bonus)
    - A LOT of players actually buy them

A side effect is:
    - companions sometimes makes it harder to see mobs/levers etc.
    - the sound can be irritating if a player decides to abuse it

To fix this I'm suggesting Companion Invisibility option in DDO store.
    Companion Invisibility
    effect: under UI settings you can choose to see/hear no companions, except yours (you can summon/unsummon yours)

I would really pay for that option.

EDIT:
    There are two types of players:
    - those who like companions
    - those who don't like companions

My point is that you should consider getting money from both types of players to maximize profit
    (it's a win-win-win situation)
    Last edited by TheRobai; 08-06-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post

EDIT:
    There are two types of players:
    - those who like companions
    - those who don't like companions

My point is that you should consider getting money from both types of players to maximize profit
    (it's a win-win-win situation)
    There should be simply option to turn off companions complete (default ON -companions visible). This feature should also affect my companions. I will need to turn companions on to see my companions. Ppls who like companions will have this turned ON (companions visible). Ppls who don't like companions will have this turned OFF (companions hidden).

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    I would really pay for that option.
    For the love of all that is good in this world, do not suggest that they charge people for legitimate UI functions that should be available.

I should not have to pay to not see or hear pets that are annoying and distracting to me. i didn't ask for them and i don't use them. even if i did i would be respectful to not bring them out in a quest with a group knowing how they can be for some players. I should have the option to turn them off if I want, not forced to see and hear them.

The point of this thread is that companions can be so annoying that some players (like me) would even pay for being able to get rid of them.
    Since Turbine is so greedy then maybe, just maybe, this would get an attention (I mean that it's indeed a problem for some players and it should be fixed, for free or not free, just anything).

Of course, I would gladly accept that option for free and would be thankful (and spend money on something else, might even buy a companion ).

Example is Abbot run.
    I was holding Ice wand and because of those lovely companions I didn't notice that Abbot is already down and already calling for Inferno ...
    I hate to ask other players to remove companions every single time.
    I should be able to NOT see them (I would even pay for that).

I can easily ignore companions in public areas (unless there would be huge giant companions blocking everything), but in quests it's important that they shouldn't distract me.

Btw, I'd love the option for not seeing/hearing summons/pets too.

Don't get me wrong, this is not as important as bank/inventory space problem (not even close) for which I've already lost hope (still waiting until my main toons will be playable, also trying out other games because of that).