I have to admit that selling various companions was a genius idea, because:
- it's not game breaking at all (companions don't give any bonus)
- A LOT of players actually buy them
A side effect is:
- companions sometimes makes it harder to see mobs/levers etc.
- the sound can be irritating if a player decides to abuse it
To fix this I'm suggesting Companion Invisibility option in DDO store.
effect: under UI settings you can choose to see/hear no companions, except yours (you can summon/unsummon yours)
I would really pay for that option.
There are two types of players:
- those who like companions
- those who don't like companions
My point is that you should consider getting money from both types of players to maximize profit
(it's a win-win-win situation)