11,933 kms west of America

Default Disappointed with Pre-Order bonus

Is it just me, or are there others disappointed by the pre-order bonuses? In particular the Stormhorn Spectacles & Mountaineering Goggles of which you only get 1 each per account. Now granted the DDO cosmetic system is absolute rubbish - probably one of the worst I've ever seen and a massive letdown compared to the fantastic cosmetic options available in Turbine's other product LOTRO - but even so you would think that paying to pre-order the expansion would give you the ability to use the cosmetic specs on more than one character at a time. With the last expansion we got the spider cult mask on every character, both existing and all new ones created thereafter, so you could happily apply it to all of your chars should you be that way inclined. However with this expansion, one which costs the same but appears to have less content, you only get one set of each specs/goggles which you have to pass around if (like me) you are the type who plays many characters depending on who you are grouped with.

I know that some people don't want this as they do not want to be dealing with the extra storage of the cosmetic items (something in which LOTRO again shows its superior system by providing separate cosmetic storage) but it is far better to give the specs to every character so that those of us who want multiples can keep them and the other folk can simply delete them.

Feeling very let down by this Turbine and hoping that somebody somewhere will see the evil ... I mean error ... of their ways and get this altered so that everyone who pre-ordered sees a set of these specs/goggles appearing in all of their character's backpacks.

no need to get upset, just wait 2 weeks after the official release when it goes on sale for half price - that is when you should be upset.

after MOTU preorder for $100, i say no more preorders ever.
    they get paid when the job is done.
    Real join date: Update 7

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by humbleroller View Post
    no need to get upset, just wait 2 weeks after the official release when it goes on sale for half price - that is when you should be upset.
    Thing is... he is talking about pre-order items. wont be available in 2 weeks. For me, not just the pre-order, but the legendary too. Im still not happy about my owlbear hireling that get stuck everywhere.

SW United States

The bonuses are lackluster at best. Coincides with the amount of content that we are getting too. A year ago I paid roughly the same amount and got almost double the amount of content for my money. I can't wait to dish out 90 dollars for the top tier version of the next Xpac when it's released. But there's only one wilderness and 5 quests. But you do get perma-Heystack hireling with a new cosmetic armor kit!