Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fact or fiction about Ottos?

I've heard 2 rumors and would like to know if either is true.

1. After update 19 you won't be able to use existing Otto's boxes with Exp pots/shrines etc

2. Ottos (that work with exp pots/shrines etc) won't ever be available in store anymore
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke! /runs off to sell things on forum

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf View Post

1. After update 19 you won't be able to use existing Otto's boxes with Exp pots/shrines etc

2. Ottos (that work with exp pots/shrines etc) won't ever be available in store anymore
    There's been no official comment from Turbine regarding this. There has been lots of speculation but nothing concrete. So if someone told you this and said it was fact, they are lying.

Hopefully we can get clarification here

If I were a betting man I'd wager the box will work just as it has for as long as people have them.

I would also wager they will not being going on sale again though.

It was always very obvious(to me anyway) that the stacking xp from bonus's was an unintended.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Both are false.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Thanks Cordovan. I think I am not alone in appreciation of clearing up unsubstantiated rumors. Especially when some of us have these boxes still in inventory and was considering using them or trading them before the Xpac hit.

Please let us know in advance if something should change.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    If I were a betting man I'd wager the box will work just as it has for as long as people have them.

I would also wager they will not being going on sale again though.

It was always very obvious(to me anyway) that the stacking xp from bonus's was an unintended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Both are false.
    Guess that means it is WAI Impacqt.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    This is correct. However, we didn't want to nerf something players already bought in the store.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    This is correct. However, we didn't want to nerf something players already bought in the store.
    Except warforged race...

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Guess that means it is WAI Impacqt.
    Just because a company decides to accept an unintended consequence and allow it to go unchanged, does not mean it was the original intention. But I am happy for those who seem dependant on boxes to have fun still getting their cake.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Both are false.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Except warforged race...
    You still have all of the other immunities intact, +2 con, the ability to heal via repair spells and increased fortification. Don't complain TOO much. I'm surprised you're hung up on the poison and disease thing instead of the fact that warforged have to use up a feat slot for AC and PRR.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    So I guess the question that I have is this:

Cordovan mentioned that Otto's boxes that stack with XP sources might be back in the store at some time. Are there plans to have future Otto's Boxes not stack with external XP sources since you said it wasn't working as intended...I'm just confused when things might happen but they aren't WAI. If there's been no decision, that's fine but can you just tell us that?

Both are false.
    Thanks so much for the clarification. Looking forward to next otto sale!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Just because a company decides to accept an unintended consequence and allow it to go unchanged, does not mean it was the original intention. But I am happy for those who seem dependant on boxes to have fun still getting their cake.
    Not a matter of becoming dependent. Some bought or traded these on the premise that they work a certain way...and if they do end up changing the way they function down the road....it is only fair to remain the ones purchased or traded for unchanged. That is all. No need to flame those that have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Are there plans to have future Otto's Boxes not stack with external XP sources since you said it wasn't working as intended...?
    As long as someone, anyone, on any server still possess an old Otto's Box then future Otto's Boxes will not be fixed/nerfed.
    As long as someone, anyone, on any server still possess an old Bigby's Box then future Bigby's Boxes will not be fixed/nerfed.

However it would be easy enough to rename said products and make changes either way.

{I would imagine someone, somewhere, will make sure that an old Otto's Box is always in existence.}

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    As long as someone, anyone, on any server still possess an old Otto's Box then future Otto's Boxes will not be fixed/nerfed.
    As long as someone, anyone, on any server still possess an old Bigby's Box then future Bigby's Boxes will not be fixed/nerfed.

However it would be easy enough to rename said products and make changes either way.

{I would imagine someone, somewhere, will make sure that an old Otto's Box is always in existence.}
    My guess is that that is exactly why we now got Bigby's boxes (those do NOT work with the XP pots etc do they?), to offer them instead as a sort of box closer to what was originally WAI with Otto's. And keep Otto's for times when its really needed to be nice for the fanbase :-) (who knows maybe with the TR changes in update 20?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post
    My guess is that that is exactly why we now got Bigby's boxes (those do NOT work with the XP pots etc do they?), to offer them instead as a sort of box closer to what was originally WAI with Otto's. And keep Otto's for times when its really needed to be nice for the fanbase :-) (who knows maybe with the TR changes in update 20?)
    Hmm...it went more like this:

Quartermasterx designed a new package with less of some things more of other along with a slightly different leveling numbers.

At the time, Quartermaster expected Bigby's Box to work like Otto's Box and priced it accordingly.

Another DDO employee reviewed the product, found it was not working as intended and fixed it.
    This employee did not bring the product back to QuartermasterX for repricing as should have done when nerfing a DDO store item.

The product hit the DDO store over the weekend.
    Players bought it.

Cordovan warned people early the next day the changes made to the product.

QuartermasterX then receiveced information of the changes made to the product.
    QuartermasterX could not change the product as it was already in player's hands.

Cordovan assured us that the Otto's and Bigby's could both return at a later date.

Many players posted numerous posts concerning this situation.
    Players posted in detail showing the math that Bigby's was a good deal maybe better than Otto's except for the nerf done to it.

Pardon me if the history is flawed anywhere, I'm a Halfling after all....

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Not a matter of becoming dependent. Some bought or traded these on the premise that they work a certain way...and if they do end up changing the way they function down the road....it is only fair to remain the ones purchased or traded for unchanged. That is all. No need to flame those that have them.
    Blinks. Seriously, you think that an opinion stated without name calling, accusations, or general ugliness is flaming, and one in which I expressed happiness for them? Wow. I"m slightly floored by your response, and am not just kinda shaking my head that honest communication on the internet is as bad as people told me it was.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Rumors in this game are like... well the point is everyone has one and they all stink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast