Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Community Member

so has anyone found how long the servers will be "down" for?

I am having the same problem here i gallup new mexico. Just got off the phone with turbine they say it is a network issue and that it will take about an hour to fix.it. I hope that is true.
    William L. DeAemond

Community Member

Default TURBINE.COM Is Also Offline

Evidently DDO.COM is not hosted in the same datacenter.

Update: maybe not. DDO.COM and TURBINE.COM both seem to be on the same netblock:

DDO.COM: 74.201.103.121

TURBINE.COM: 74.201.102.41
    Last edited by TheSneakster; 09-01-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSneakster View Post
    Sept 1st, 2013 2:30PM Pacific time (GMT-7) and the Turbine Launcher is not even getting past the first message it puts up "Installing Pre-Reqs". I have tried multiple times and restarted the machine to no avail.

Michael "TheSneakster" Hobson
    Exact same deal with me except I'm on central time (GMT-6). I tried to log on the first time at 5:45 pm.

Community Member

Default This is why didn't buy the new expansion pack

This is why I didn't buy the new expansion pack...I mean if Turbine can't control what they have already done to the game why give them a reason to do even more?

Same problem here in New York. Played all day, logged for dinner, came back and can't log in, got the message Installing Pre-reqs. However I am able to log into the DDO website.

Community Member

Default So....

Quote Originally Posted by HYspd750 View Post
    This is why I didn't buy the new expansion pack...I mean if Turbine can't control what they have already done to the game why give them a reason to do even more?
    ....does this mean you will be going back to playing WoW?
    Valiant Accord

Default Same Problem Here

Having same issue can we get someone from DDO to confirm this and reassure us that it will be fixed soooooooooooooooooooooooon

My name for this

The Labor day LETDOWN

Also the problem last time was not directly related to Turbine. The problem was caused by 2 communications companies fighting over which one of them wasn't sharing the data load correctly according to their agreement.

Community Member

Default never played WoW

might go back to pen and paper...I can roll dice to candle light I have to deal with a black out!

So, before 6:00 EST it was gonna be an hour. It's an 1:15 later and still the same problem. They've been working on this problem since about 4:30 or so. They finally posted to FB at 6:00 ...
    "We are working with our provider to mitigate an external connection issue that is preventing some players from logging in. Thanks for your patience!"

Patience? I no longer have patience. This game is so irritating some time. Keep rolling out new stuff to bolster sales, but break a bunch of stuff along the way. How about fixing the DM on FOT while you're at it. And fix all the other stuff you broke with the new expansion while you're at it.

I'm sure the fact that it's a national holiday weekend in the United States is gonna spell disaster for the players this weekend. Instead of ramping up staff and servers, they probably have a skeleton crew working. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by wmdearmond View Post
    I am having the same problem here i gallup new mexico. Just got off the phone with turbine they say it is a network issue and that it will take about an hour to fix.it. I hope that is true.
    CreepinDeth on Orien
    CharlotD HarlotHealer on Orien
    WakeUpDead Wrathchild on Orien

Community Member

Post Still stuck: Installing Pre-Reqs

Yep, still stuck in New York. Tried doing a clean reboot, turned off firewalls, and rebooted a few times. Still not loading.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kik97 View Post
    Also the problem last time was not directly related to Turbine. The problem was caused by 2 communications companies fighting over which one of them wasn't sharing the data load correctly according to their agreement.
    Which is a prime example of why corporations should not be permitted to run anything of consequence, but especially infrastructure of any sort.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Kik97 View Post
    Same problem here in New York. Played all day, logged for dinner, came back and can't log in, got the message Installing Pre-reqs. However I am able to log into the DDO website.
    THIS, except substitute Memphis for New York. I tried that earlier work-around mentioned via CyberGhostVPN to no avail. If anyone comes up with a work-around, I implore you to post it here so we can all try it. As for Turbine, thank you so much for investigating this issue. If at all possible, if you get word that there is an open pathway to the game, by all means let us know.

THANKS!
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Community Member

Post Still stuck: Installing Pre-Reqs

Yep, still stuck in New York. Tried doing a clean reboot, turned off firewalls, and rebooted a few times. Still not loading. I was on before dinner...no issues. Came back after dinner...FUBAR.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ergrape View Post
    Yep, still stuck in New York. Tried doing a clean reboot, turned off firewalls, and rebooted a few times. Still not loading. I was on before dinner...no issues. Came back after dinner...FUBAR.
    Same in Atlanta, lost connectivity at 4:30 and have been down ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDragon277 View Post
    Same in Atlanta, lost connectivity at 4:30 and have been down ever since.
    Same in Virginia
    Officer of Stormreach Requisition Company. SteelTank, Steelshorty, Lightsteel, Flamesteel, RezMe, Steelpicks, MageSteel, Steelarcher, Steeldagger, Steelguitar, Steelhealer, Darsteelbow, IMuberLeet and MeltedSteel of Sarlona.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne2 View Post
    Having same issue can we get someone from DDO to confirm this and reassure us that it will be fixed soooooooooooooooooooooooon

My name for this

The Labor day LETDOWN
    We are working with our provider to mitigate an external connection issue that is preventing some players from logging in. Thanks for your patience!

From Facebook....because they don't know how to post in forums.

Community Member

Default Ouch

No kids, or lovely bride, drooling to play without chaos... *rolls a one*

I'll say what the mods and devs can't, screw the haters. This one's most likely not the fault of Turbine in the slightest. Verizon and/or Cogent if guilty as usual can kiss my golden ......

That said... don't know about anybody else... but feelin' a bit like the Sex Pistols tonight...

Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 09-01-2013 at 07:55 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast