Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81
  1. #1
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,329

    Angry Item changes for those level 0 items.

    All those nice items that you got at level 0 are now going to be upgraded to the level they should be. NICE ONE.

    Before i went on Lama




    After i went on Lama


  2. #2
    Hatchery Hero Sonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    bogus!!! at the very least they should have put Masterful Craftsmanship II on it or something.

  3. #3
    Community Member esheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    294

    Default

    That sucks, however it was clearly a bug. Not saying they should change the items... (If they wanted to do something about that problem, fixing it sooner would have been the answer...)

    What I'm concerned about is the random gen chain rewards that are BTA and generally two levels lower than regular random gen loot is -- do those change too? I always anticipated that behavior being as intended -- you run a chain, get non-named loot in the list... it's BTA so a bit restrictive, and also not the named loot you were hoping for, but with the benefit of being 2 levels lower.

    It'd be great to know if those are now proper level, am guessing they are as I saw some mention of Sharn Syndicate quest loots no longer being ML0... shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

  4. #4
    Community Member LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Not all of them where bugged out, some of the items where end of chain rewards (Hence, the bound to account).

    I don't know the exact formula but those intentionally are two to four levels lower then their "normal" counterpart.

    Imho, the op's given example seems a bit high level for what it does. Even without the bound to account on it.

    One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

  5. #5
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    I'll miss my +4CON at for Levels 1-4, but lets be honest here, those levels are done in less than a night, maybe 2 now a days. Any crafter can still Mastercraft ML0 +2 gear and as long as it remains BTA, this isn't that huge of a change. Does it suck? Yes, I will miss my twink gear. Will it matter though?
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  6. #6
    Hatchery Hero Sonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    I'll miss my +4CON at for Levels 1-4, but lets be honest here, those levels are done in less than a night, maybe 2 now a days. Any crafter can still Mastercraft ML0 +2 gear and as long as it remains BTA, this isn't that huge of a change. Does it suck? Yes, I will miss my twink gear. Will it matter though?

    Isn't +4 CON like 4 hitpoints or something at that level?

    I have a Cha+5 with jump clickie, +4 wis ring, and my favorite +10 jump ring of feather fall which I will miss the most.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    where did the ogre power +4 ring with no min level (bound to account) come from? is it still possible to get something like that from live?

    I remember people telling me about some high level quest series where you could have gotten +6 items with no min level, which was changed after some update, but an BTA ogre power +4 ring with no ML sounds great.

    I agree that the sharn syndicate loot should remain for the item rewards without ML; after reading the wiki rewards, that was a definite selling point for that pack.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    All those nice items that you got at level 0 are now going to be upgraded to the level they should be. NICE ONE.

    Before i went on Lama


    After i went on Lama

  8. #8
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default

    Even items from the sharn syndicate series in the marketplace have been retroactively changed from no min level to min level 5.
    With all the stuff that needs fixing why retroactively change old well deserved earned loot that wasn't causing any real impact to the game.
    Seriously anyone who was jealous could just drink a stat pot and get the same thing and that can be done at level 1..


    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ow-min-level-5
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

  9. #9
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Even items from the sharn syndicate series in the marketplace have been retroactively changed from no min level to min level 5.
    With all the stuff that needs fixing why retroactively change old well deserved earned loot that wasn't causing any real impact to the game.
    Seriously anyone who was jealous could just drink a stat pot and get the same thing and that can be done at level 1..



    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ow-min-level-5
    Exactly, they fixed the bugged items.

    Now, anyone that complains about the fix can just go drink a stat pot at level 1 and get the same thing. Look at that, they free'd up an item slot for you!

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  10. #10
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Now, anyone that complains about the fix can just go drink a stat pot at level 1 and get the same thing. Look at that, they free'd up an item slot for you!
    Now you've done it. You've given them an idea!

    U19: All stat Items have been removed from the game but pots adding up to +11 to a stat are now sold at vendors or in the DDO Store (placeholder Vendor price that we will chance before going live (honest) 4.4 Million Plat each) Just think of all the gear flexibility we will have!

  11. #11
    Community Member Arcanghakhyorsarthel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    34

    Default Quiver of Alacrity

    Please tell me that this does NOT apply to the quiver of Alacrity.....please.....
    --Thelanis

  12. #12
    2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere ...
    Posts
    5,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanghakhyorsarthel View Post
    Please tell me that this does NOT apply to the quiver of Alacrity.....please.....

    The upgraded (and normal) QoA are WAI - the dev's have stated time and time again that for all the work you do to get the upgraded QoA - you should have 30% striding at level 1. It is meant to be a TR item.

    I like you have my fingers crossed. and am logging into game to check now.

    Ok - checked - the upgraded version (only have it) still does not have a ml - which is WAI.

  13. #13
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Isn't +4 CON like 4 hitpoints or something at that level?
    Oops, sorry I didn't check back on this thread. My ring is +4CON with Improved False Life, ML0 from the Reign of Madness Chain. 20 Extra HP is pretty handy but I won't miss it given the speed that we level now a days.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,910

    Default

    I don't have an issue with fixing the U17 end reward items. Those were clearly broken.

    However, bta items that are 2 levels below an unbound item should not have the level increased.

    Please consider giving all existing bta random loot masterful craftsmanship so the min level matches what we have currently.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  15. #15

    Default

    In DDO's past, items had minimum levels because they were explicitly placed in treasure tables to generate properly on that item.

    Sometimes, mistakes were made when setting up quest arc rewards, and one item (rings, in several cases...) slipped through bugged with no minimum level.

    Core changes to how items in DDO work mean that we (the developers) no longer set item level ourselves on an item by item by entering data in tables.
    Now, for non-named and non-raid items only, the item figures out it's own level properly based on the total value of the magical effects on it.
    This means that bugs of both kinds (randomly-generated items too high in level and items that were too low in level) will fix themselves, and these bugs cannot occur again in the future.

  16. #16
    2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere ...
    Posts
    5,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    In DDO's past, items had minimum levels because they were explicitly placed in treasure tables to generate properly on that item.

    Sometimes, mistakes were made when setting up quest arc rewards, and one item (rings, in several cases...) slipped through bugged with no minimum level.

    Core changes to how items in DDO work mean that we (the developers) no longer set item level ourselves on an item by item by entering data in tables.
    Now, for non-named and non-raid items only, the item figures out it's own level properly based on the total value of the magical effects on it.
    This means that bugs of both kinds (randomly-generated items too high in level and items that were too low in level) will fix themselves, and these bugs cannot occur again in the future.
    No worries. means I can free up bank space now. Will miss them, and know people who ground and ground and ground for specific rings; but time will heal them. As another poster stated - the value of the rings are for TRs and since the speed at which we level through the usefulness of the rings has greatly increased - the pain of change is minimized.

    Now will this fix the issues with various random loot like various skill items (say ring of escape +15) being two different ml's depending upon where it drops? (ml:13 and ml:15 +15 skill items in particular)?

  17. #17
    Community Member Dendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Existing loot shouldn't be changed.

    refer back to thomas convenat, 2nd trilogy "give him back something broken"

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    In DDO's past, items had minimum levels because they were explicitly placed in treasure tables to generate properly on that item.

    Sometimes, mistakes were made when setting up quest arc rewards, and one item (rings, in several cases...) slipped through bugged with no minimum level.

    Core changes to how items in DDO work mean that we (the developers) no longer set item level ourselves on an item by item by entering data in tables.
    Now, for non-named and non-raid items only, the item figures out it's own level properly based on the total value of the magical effects on it.
    This means that bugs of both kinds (randomly-generated items too high in level and items that were too low in level) will fix themselves, and these bugs cannot occur again in the future.
    Meaning festival icy burst weapons from risia will now automatically jump in ML?

    I'd check myself but can't login due to the "failed to queue" launcher error.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Meaning festival icy burst weapons from risia will now automatically jump in ML?

    I'd check myself but can't login due to the "failed to queue" launcher error.
    Looks like it, according to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Andoris View Post
    Just checked and yes they bumped up the ML of the items :-(

    +4 Flaming wraps of Greater Elemental bane w/ Festival Frost was ML:14 now is ML:18
    +4 Axiomatic of Greater Dragon Bane w/ Festival burst was ML:16 now is ML:21

    Makes Risa pretty worthless imo. I wish there was a way to take the Festival Frost/Burst off now.
    As they say, it removes any reason to run Risa when it returns. Festival Frost jumps items up by 4 levels and burst by 5 levels. No thank you. Someone needs to go in and change the value of any Festival (blank) as 0.

  20. #20
    Community Member Dendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Risia Icy Burst does NOT increase the minimum level of weapons
    Eldritch Crafting does NOT increase the minimum level of Items

    I've just checked and my items levels were not changed
    Last edited by Dendrix; 07-28-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload