Default Has the Iron Companion enhancement line any better now? Been gone a while.

Heya. I've been gone for a while, so just checking rather than trying to go through all the past patch notes. My main character is a warforged wizard with the iron companion enhancement line. I love the pet, but I have to keep it away while in groups which sucks and means I get less use out of it.

Does anyone know if there have been any improvements to it in the past six to twelve months? I'd roll Artificer for their awesome pet but I hate the class itself.

Community Member

My roommate 'hated' artificer, until he played one to lv 25. Now, you'd think he'd been introduced to chocolate.

I don't believe the enhancements have changed. Artificer ability to enhance them though is a plus.

The thing is I dislike the crossbow thing. I imagined the artificer as using magic items like dual wands in warforged wand sheathes or something like that. I already have a crossbow character. Also I dislike the whole arm cannon and crossbow combo. Plus his mana pool is just way too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinven View Post
    The thing is I dislike the crossbow thing. I imagined the artificer as using magic items like dual wands in warforged wand sheathes or something like that. I already have a crossbow character. Also I dislike the whole arm cannon and crossbow combo. Plus his mana pool is just way too small.
    YOu can go rune arm plus bastard sword,or use masters touch and use something else. You can even use the two wands idea nothing is stopping you from doing that.You can also cast enchantments on your wands to boost them. Its a really easy class to do different things with.Most Artis you see are just people doing the one life for TR completion,but they can be useful in other ways. Rune arm plus bastard sword of paralyzing is really fun,you can get them all standing still and let you dog tear them apart. Or use the rune arms as a weapon and not just a buff. The cannon shot ones are sort of fun and the force/acid arms are really easy to aim. But yes most use the xbow as its so easy to kill with,but there are lots of other things you can do with them besides what everybody else does.Using the rune arm does not use mana.
    Last edited by Rakuda13; 08-04-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: more info

I'm pretty sure in a couple of weeks when the enhancement pass comes out, you won't even be able to get the iron companion any more.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I'm pretty sure in a couple of weeks when the enhancement pass comes out, you won't even be able to get the iron companion any more.
    The Artificer Homonculus is still there. They just got rid of the mechanic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    The Artificer Homonculus is still there. They just got rid of the mechanic one.
    Yeah but the one they got rid of is the one he is talking about.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinven View Post
    I imagined the artificer as using magic items like dual wands in warforged wand sheathes or something like that.
    ". . . the sorcelator drew his twin wands - Hurt, and Burn."

You might be interested in a melee-focused artificer, like the Juggernaut. Although if your primary interest is the pet, MCing reducing its effectiveness...not that it's terribly effective to begin with.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!