Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

I have a character with 3 classes that i would like to use the +20 on when it goes live. When Lam opens up i'll try using a +3 heart to remove one of the classes and then the 3 days and use the +20 heart. if that works anything should work.

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    I have a character with 3 classes that i would like to use the +20 on when it goes live. When Lam opens up i'll try using a +3 heart to remove one of the classes and then the 3 days and use the +20 heart. if that works anything should work.
    People should note that the +20 heartwood already contains a warning that you cannot exceed 3 character classes and the existing heartwoods and reincarnation process already is firmly in place with this as a normal part of the process. People who experience trouble are those who do not understand the process or who refuse to pay attention to the ample information presented during reincarnation telling them what goes on.

When a character already has 3 character classes the only way to replace one with another using reincarnation is to first remove the unwanted class. On a L20 character in which leveling order does not matter this can often be done in a single reincarnation as described by other posters earlier in this thread.

When leveling order does matter or when the change is too significant then multiple reincarnations is the only way to resolve the problem in most cases.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    Only because you do not know what you are doing.

The reincarnation process works this way: After choosing to reincarnate you log off and log back on clicking the Reincarnate option by the character's name. You start as if creating a new character. Here you pick stats, feats, skills, etc. The only things you cannot change are alignment, race and gender. If you used a + heartwood you can choose a different character class from your original (provided it is not alignment restricted).

At L1 instead of choosing sorcerer you choose wizard. Simple, easy, been done multiple times. Works on every + heartwood in the game, including the +20 on Lamannia.

If you had a problem it was only because you did not know what you were doing.
    Seriously? Ha! Oh man. Believe what you wish. I've done hundreds of LR of every type, I know how to do them. If you choose to think otherwise, I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    People should note that the +20 heartwood already contains a warning that you cannot exceed 3 character classes and the existing heartwoods and reincarnation process already is firmly in place with this as a normal part of the process. People who experience trouble are those who do not understand the process or who refuse to pay attention to the ample information presented during reincarnation telling them what goes on.

When a character already has 3 character classes the only way to replace one with another using reincarnation is to first remove the unwanted class. On a L20 character in which leveling order does not matter this can often be done in a single reincarnation as described by other posters earlier in this thread.

When leveling order does matter or when the change is too significant then multiple reincarnations is the only way to resolve the problem in most cases.
    The problem is not people trying to have 4 classes the problem is when your reincarnating the game still treats it like you have the classes you had before LRing so if your say a Sorc12/Paladin6/Rogue2 you couldn't switch to Sorc12/Paladin6/Monk2 since during the process you would temporarily have 4 classes. It's makes the +X LRs far less useful than they should be.

I don't get why they can't just make it work like Vet Status start us off as character level 0 with no classes and enough xp to level to where we were before I fail to see why we have to be a Sorc0/Rogue0/Pally0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I don't get why they can't just make it work like Vet Status start us off as character level 0 with no classes and enough xp to level to where we were before
    That would be a great solution.
    Kobeyashi | Hamada | Ying

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    That would be a great solution.
    Actually while their at it I wouldn't mind if they made vet status work like Iconics where you can leave at any time as opposed to being forced to level all the way to 4 or 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Either there's too much wishful thinking or not enough plain thinking. But the +20 hearts are indeed +20 hearts. Those indignantly shaking their fists in the air about +19 hearts may be beyond help.

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    Had a 16 arti, 2 fighter, 2 monk (build him before jugg fever), so when jugg fever came up, i tried to redo him with a +3 LR and i couldnt do it.

When U19 was up in lama, i used the LR +20 and tried again. My level order was 2 arti, 2 monk, 2 fighter and rest arti. So i started the LR on lama with 2 arti again, 2 monk again, tried 1 ranger level and ERROR, 4th class blah blah. So i did, 2 arti levels again to get rid of the fighter levels, and then i selected the 2 ranger levels without 4th class error.
    The +20 LR hearts work like any other LR hearts in the game. You're overwriting classes as you go. If you want to replace the 2 FTR levels in the above example with 2 RGR levels, indeed you can not with a +3 heart. You can with a +5 or +20 heart however, like this: take 4 ART levels, then 2 RGR levels, then rest ART levels with 2 MNK levels anywhere in the progression. There are many other permutations you could do instead to maximize skill points or otherwise prioritize your leveling order. As long as you overwrite your classes in a way that you have three or fewer taken or placeholder classes at any one time, you're fine.

There are some builds that will require multiple LRs to swap to a particular build, but none of the examples in this thread are such.
    Last edited by Keybreaker; 08-12-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

Community Member

Used up my 20 heart on lamania still same error, was going from a 18druid/2 monk to a 12monk/6ranger/2 pally and it said I would be picking 4 classes, and asked me to please select them manually(?), so it appears this issue still hasn't been addressed.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VorpalKnight View Post
    Used up my 20 heart on lamania still same error, was going from a 18druid/2 monk to a 12monk/6ranger/2 pally and it said I would be picking 4 classes, and asked me to please select them manually(?), so it appears this issue still hasn't been addressed.
    Where in the process did you have problems? And druid paladin is impossible due to alignment restrictions.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Community Member

How old is this bug anyways? It seems like something that should have been addressed a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DnD3 View Post
    How old is this bug anyways? It seems like something that should have been addressed a while ago.
    This is WAI.
    There was not really much new code added to implement these +20 hearts probably. You will have the same problem if you tried to change in that way on older hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by DnD3 View Post
    I agree, totally!

I do remember a Dev mentioning shortly after U19 dropped, that they are working on a fix for this, but it wouldn't be in U20
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    Where in the process did you have problems? And druid paladin is impossible due to alignment restrictions.

Thank you, but druid was just me testing things in test server, but I am not going to 20lr him on live. I do have a Pure Rogue that I want to turn into an monkcher 12monk/6 ranger/2 pally, anyway to do this without having to use a new +1 heart?

Quote Originally Posted by VorpalKnight View Post
    Thank you, but druid was just me testing things in test server, but I am not going to 20lr him on live. I do have a Pure Rogue that I want to turn into an monkcher 12monk/6 ranger/2 pally, anyway to do this without having to use a new +1 heart?
    Yes, but all other methods require 1 or more +3 or better hearts. The best way is to take an extra monk or ranger level at some point and 20th level as paladin then LR+1 that extra level into paladin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12