Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    You should play around with it more.
    If you know Cetus like many here do, that's like saying Neil Armstrong should have trained more before he went to the moon.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Alkot View Post
    Unless it has changed Strike with no though should be giving you 1% DS not 3%.
    " Each additional Innate Ability you acquire from this tree increases this bonus by 1%"
    Reread it. I have 1% listed for Strike With No Thought.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

You should play around with it more. It is one of those abilities that every single one of my characters should have. I have a pure level 20 halfling ranger with some devotion investment and a little bit of healing amp and it is just plain old sick on him and he is not even fully taking advantage of it. I have also healed tanks just using this ability and nothing else with my paladin.

DDO should increase the spell point cost and make this caster level dependent to an extent or etc. This ability is designed for rangers and druids so make sure rangers can use it and I do not mind paladins or bards being able to use this as well, but make the the rangers and druis who really benefits from this and make it a little less efficient. A level 20 ranger with 600+ spell points should be able to use this fairly well. A 10 monk 8 fighter 2 druid with 250 spell points should have more difficulties using this ability.
    I agree Norg. Conflation of class skills.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Whats the reasoning behind taking 'Deft Strikes' in Shintao instead of Reed in the Wind? Deft Strikes is good for offhand attacks with TWF or unarmed.

Community Member

Hokey smokes how are you not taking Beguile 3/3 in Seasons' Herald, if you have any levels of Druid at all? A meager 4 AP, and you can totally debilitate any mob - even bosses - as long as you can survive long enough to hit them maybe ~10 times.

Especially in EE content where every mob is a huge bag of HPs, the ability to shut enemies down to 50% is effectively doubling your defensive and healing abilities. Quadrupling vs caster mobs, who suffer from slower action AND 50% spellpower.

And - though testing for me has been inconclusive - it seems to work with AOE attacks too, so you can Beguile entire packs at once with Cleave/GC/etc.

Playing this on live with an eSoS and having a real blast. Thanks for sharing it.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Hokey smokes how are you not taking Beguile 3/3 in Seasons' Herald, if you have any levels of Druid at all? A meager 4 AP, and you can totally debilitate any mob - even bosses - as long as you can survive long enough to hit them maybe ~10 times.

Especially in EE content where every mob is a huge bag of HPs, the ability to shut enemies down to 50% is effectively doubling your defensive and healing abilities. Quadrupling vs caster mobs, who suffer from slower action AND 50% spellpower.

And - though testing for me has been inconclusive - it seems to work with AOE attacks too, so you can Beguile entire packs at once with Cleave/GC/etc.
    Good catch for this build. I was soloing Supply lines on my caster druid and thought I had lag issues as the Frost Giant boss at the end was moving so slowly. i imagine with all the doublestrike chances on this build it would be very easy to perma slow any boss.

Quote Originally Posted by yynderjohn View Post
    Good catch for this build. I was soloing Supply lines on my caster druid and thought I had lag issues as the Frost Giant boss at the end was moving so slowly. i imagine with all the doublestrike chances on this build it would be very easy to perma slow any boss.
    I can't imagine it staying that way. Does it work on purple named too ?
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    I can't imagine it staying that way. Does it work on purple named too ?
    No idea. i've only tested it on a few red named bosses and it works. I doubt it works on raid bosses. It's only 4 AP to spend, seems like its worth it for those 13,000 hp EE new regular mobs. I just TR'ed into this build so won't be able to test for quite a while.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by yynderjohn View Post
    i imagine with all the doublestrike chances on this build it would be very easy to perma slow any boss.
    Sadly, it procs on attack, not on damage - so things like doublestrike, offhand attack, and RXB triplets don't proc additional Beguiles. DOT ticks don't proc it either, Im pretty sure, just the initial cast.

I think it might be limited to 1 proc/second, actually, too, though I'm not sure there either - but watching their Z screen, I've never seen it tick up faster than that, though its hard to say if that's not just a display-update issue, or if that was just luck-of-the-dice on the 50% proc chance, etc.

It also seems to work funny with IPS and ranged combat. If you have one mob targeted and hit another first, I've seen both mobs get Beguiled, only the one you targeted, or only the one you hit first - its weird and I'm not sure what makes it do what.

Sadly, it procs on attack, not on damage - so things like doublestrike, offhand attack, and RXB triplets don't proc additional Beguiles. DOT ticks don't proc it either, Im pretty sure, just the initial cast.

I think it might be limited to 1 proc/second, actually, too, though I'm not sure there either - but watching their Z screen, I've never seen it tick up faster than that, though its hard to say if that's not just a display-update issue, or if that was just luck-of-the-dice on the 50% proc chance, etc.

It also seems to work funny with IPS and ranged combat. If you have one mob targeted and hit another first, I've seen both mobs get Beguiled, only the one you targeted, or only the one you hit first - its weird and I'm not sure what makes it do what.
    It's only a 50% chance to proc on attack/cast, it's not guaranteed, completely explaining your issues.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    It's only a 50% chance to proc on attack/cast, it's not guaranteed, completely explaining your issues.
    Some of them, maybe, but not all. I had the Drow Priestess at the end of Servants of the Overlord targeted, while the big red-name Hezrou was standing between us. Unloaded a lot of rounds. The Hezrou had 25 stacks of Beguile (despite not being targeted), while the Drow Priestess had zero (despite being targeted and taking damage). That's not just the RNG hating on me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Some of them, maybe, but not all. I had the Drow Priestess at the end of Servants of the Overlord targeted, while the big red-name Hezrou was standing between us. Unloaded a lot of rounds. The Hezrou had 25 stacks of Beguile (despite not being targeted), while the Drow Priestess had zero (despite being targeted and taking damage). That's not just the RNG hating on me.

Other times, I've been able to stick Beguile on everyone in my LOF, though, so it doesn't always work that way.

Community Member

Is this build feasible with a horc and a ranger instead of a druid? Asking because I need to LR a horc dps fvs and have alignment restrictions. Thanks!

Hero

Hokey smokes how are you not taking Beguile 3/3 in Seasons' Herald, if you have any levels of Druid at all?
    I took Beguile but I didn't advertise for obvious reasons. Even after it was nerfed, it's still useful on epic elite.

Is this build feasible with a horc and a ranger instead of a druid? Asking because I need to LR a horc dps fvs and have alignment restrictions. Thanks!
    If you go Horc, then your healing amp will take a big hit. You can go Ranger for healing amp, but it will be less than what you get from Empower Heal Spell.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

If i would go for max dps and leave out or minimize the selfhealing - how would u suggest to alter the build then - it looks very interesting :-)

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Coccoon is an indirect nerf to bards, rangers, and paladins because one of their advantages is they can do some self healing.
    Interesting idea. My bard can heal somewhat, but I actually never touch my cure spells if it's just me I'm worrying about... I use cocoon.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

Smile New player advice

Hi Carpone and the DDO community,

Would you recommend this build for a new player to DDO?

on a 32 point build - how would you recommend the distribution of points?

(Play D&D 3.5 - Currently in the Savage Tide Campaign)

Thanks in advance!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123