Default Petition to enable turn-in for +3 & higher tomes

Dear Devs.

Non-readable +3 or +2 to 3 upgrade tomes should have some turn in options like purified ebb shards (at least, since its an existing system and the new tomes just need to be added to the list of turn-ins)

They are fairly common these days. If I don't need a tome since its BTCoA and I'v already read it, I'd gladly put it for roll if in a party. But from my experience, there have been a lot of occasions where I was soloing (or it was up as an end reward with no other interesting options maybe) and now I have all these tomes just sitting there in the bank eating space.

With the level cap increase, I'm pretty sure we will be seeing a higher number of +3 & +4 tomes drop now. So how about please please please making this change. I don't even care if its not a major difference from +2 tome turn-in, just have some use for them...I really don't see a reason why they are not presently allowed for shard turn in like the lower tomes!

No community love for this I suppose
    Lol I suppose there isn't much scope for DDO bashing in the topic, making it not sensational enough for the trolls

Anyways, jokes apart, Turbine, please consider doing this none the less.

I actually would like to turn them in for something useful. I don't do anything with purified Eberron dragonshards and I have a pile of them just sitting there taking up space just from looting them. only useful thing I do with them is sell them to a vendor if I cant auction them.

Would it surprise you to know that originally, you could trade in +3 tomes for purified shards. Due to overwhelming negative reactions from the forum community, that option was dropped. At the time +3 tomes were only available as raid loot and it was thought that people would be less inclined to pass a tome if they could instead trade it for a small amount of crafting shards instead. Turbine listened to the players and removed the ability to crunch what was essentially raid loot into shards.

Now players at the time had no idea that +3 tomes (and +4) would be coming to the store and found in standard loot tables and basically be removed from "raid loot" status. If that information was known at the time, I think the forum rage against the crunching of +3 tomes into shards would have been much less.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

How about they just make 2-to-3 tomes from random loot chests unbound, so you can sell them on the AH? It'd make +2 tomes a little less of a "waste" if you're just going to eventually upgrade to +3 anyway - a change which benefits new players more than existing ones (who probably ate a +3 tome in a previous life already).

+3 tomes, AFAIK, are unbound so you can always AH them for those who still need it - they earn enough to buy several Eberron shards, if that's what you're after, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    How about they just make 2-to-3 tomes from random loot chests unbound, so you can sell them on the AH? It'd make +2 tomes a little less of a "waste" if you're just going to eventually upgrade to +3 anyway - a change which benefits new players more than existing ones (who probably ate a +3 tome in a previous life already).

Well the tomes being unboud would indeed be awesome, but I don't see that happening. What I'm saying is that for the ones that you can do absolutely nothing with atm, give us some option to do something with them, lol.

+3 tomes, AFAIK, are unbound so you can always AH them for those who still need it - they earn enough to buy several Eberron shards, if that's what you're after, anyway.
    I'm pretty sure I have a btcoa +3 tome. I'll try to get a screenshot when I'm on my PC thats got DDO installed.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Would it surprise you to know that originally, you could trade in +3 tomes for purified shards. Due to overwhelming negative reactions from the forum community, that option was dropped. At the time +3 tomes were only available as raid loot and it was thought that people would be less inclined to pass a tome if they could instead trade it for a small amount of crafting shards instead. Turbine listened to the players and removed the ability to crunch what was essentially raid loot into shards.

Now players at the time had no idea that +3 tomes (and +4) would be coming to the store and found in standard loot tables and basically be removed from "raid loot" status. If that information was known at the time, I think the forum rage against the crunching of +3 tomes into shards would have been much less.
    It makes sense what you said, the reason for them being that way when they were new, or even till update 19. But now most long term players already have them eaten, and they're easy to get for the new players as well. With +5 tomes out and even being up for sale on AH, +3 tomes are just not a 'special' loot any more, and they drop freely in quests not just raids, and even on quest completion end reward sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I actually would like to turn them in for something useful. I don't do anything with purified Eberron dragonshards and I have a pile of them just sitting there taking up space just from looting them. only useful thing I do with them is sell them to a vendor if I cant auction them.
    I had closed this page n the thought just came into my mind. Wouldn't it be great if they could be turned in for 1 twelve token?! Maybe 2 tokens for a +4 tome and so on. Its really easy to get them anyways by grinding so it will bea very useful yet not some overpowering turn-in.