Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

No I don't think so. Thats the reason you would multiclass an arti. If you get everything you need on an arti, why would you play other classes?

I believe this is my very first /not signed on the forums.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Just wait...maybe we'll see "Feat Tomes" in the DDO Store then for just 1299 TP everyone can have evasion!

(not a p2w Poe, really just a joke)

Artificers already have the same access to evasion that all other classes do. Splash 2 levels of monk or rogue. If you're asking if a pure artificer should get evasion, I'll echo what others have said. No. You don't automatically get access to a feat just because it works with your build. By that logic wizards should also get access to evasion if they have insightful reflexes because it would be useful.

I wouldn't necessarily be against adding evasion to the feat list in the same way that bow strength was added. Give it 3 prerequisite feats which are mostly fluff (basically a feat tax like Acrobatic + Athletics + Lightning Reflexes as prerequisites) and then unlock it to take as a feat. This way it costs 4 feat slots. If you want it bad enough, you can take it though it will almost always be better to just splash 2 monk/rogue instead.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Default and the Nays have it...

Motion Denied.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    Was thinking about this the other day. Should they?
    They do. It's called "take two rogue levels".
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

Can rogues get a blue bar and access to reconstruct too please?

Community Member

nvm...
    Last edited by droid327; 08-04-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDOisFree View Post
    Giving artis evasion would just mean that no one would ever make a rogue again.
    I don't believe Arti;s should get evasion simply because I want the game to be as close to D&D rules as possible, but this statement is just silly. You really think that no one out there thinks that playing an assassin is fun? Rogues are a great and very enjoyable class to play.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post

EDIT: I don't think making it a feat is a good idea. This would make it the new toughness, a must have feat for everyone.
    Absolutely agree.

Yes they should be able to get it....if they splash 2 Rogue or 2 Monk.

Arties should have access evasion; everyone who says "then no one would play a rogue" must have only played with craptastic rogues in pugs. A properly built/geared rogue will usually lead the kill chart. They are awesome DPS. And it's not unrealistic to have 700+ HP on a rogue.

Turbine's asinine "paths" encourage people to make squishy "trapper" rogues with low con, which are practically worthless in anything above Epic Normal. It bothers me to no end when people label themselves as "trapper" builds-- ANY freaking build with 1 splash of rogue/artificer and a decent amount of skill points can do traps. Being able to do traps on higher difficulties is NOT an excuse for having negligible DPS.

No.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    Was thinking about this the other day. Should they?
    They already have access. Splashing 2 levels of Monk or Rogue. That's kinda the point of multiclassing. Without splashing? As someone whose favorite class is artificer, no. Multiclass if you want evasion.

Community Member

I could see maybe making it available to a single Arti "trapmaster" PrE, with a prereq of high DEX, and something equally valuable being lost in the exchange.

I love my trapper-rogue builds, and to be honest feel a bit threatened by the idea of making Artis even better; I can imagine the day when peoples' LFMs say "trapper needed" and only the Arti is marked as eligible to join! But I'm also well aware of how often only my Evasion skill allowed me to get into the middle of the whirling blades to disarm, so I do have some sympathy for, shall we say, "the devil".

Might be interesting to instead give the Arti some sort of high-level ability that allows it to disarm from farther away from the box? "Mechanical Arm" or some such?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    No reason to add Evasion as a standard class feat on Arti's - if you really want it on your build then you need to multi-class. Build choices and class choices are half of the fun of the game - if you just give every class the option to do anything then there is no choice.

Evasion as an Epic Feat is an interesting option.
    +1

Community Member

arties should not get evasion

and if they do

I will roll an artificer, and then you will be guaranteed the class will be nerfed to all get out once I reach level 16 or so.

People keep asking what the point of rogue would be, and keep falsely stating there would be no point in being a rogue if this happened. The insane amount of sneak attack damage and the ability to assassinate things is the point of the rogue class.

Evasion is already easy to get with 2 monk levels, which also grants 2 more feats, and a boost to saves. I see tons of these and I still see lots of rogues too.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Evasion comes with Rogue and with Monk. It is not tied to trapping.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Evasion comes with Rogue and with Monk. It is not tied to trapping.
    Don't for get rangers too!!!!!

Community Member

People keep asking what the point of rogue would be, and keep falsely stating there would be no point in being a rogue if this happened. The insane amount of sneak attack damage and the ability to assassinate things is the point of the rogue class.
    Hardly. For some of us, this is actually still a "fantasy RPG" where we want our rogues to act like thieves -- without being seen as gimp artificers. I didn't build my ranger/rogue to be an assassin, I built him to be a trap-handler who is also competent in melee.

Saying that "the point" of rogues is DPS is just as annoying as saying that "the point" of rogues is trapping -- or that "the point" of clerics is healing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast