Community Member

Default Something Bad is Happening

I have two toons on Orien that seem to be stuck between zones. I was leaving Outbreak today headed for Eveningstar and got stuck in a loading screen. After 5 minutes I force quit the client and now I can't load the toon anymore. It stays in the "Loading... Please wait" screen until the server times out and the client quits.

Just now, I tried to get a second toon onto the guild ship. She got stuck in the loading screen. The client crashed after a few minutes, and now I can't load her either.

Goodbye Kaytis and Jolette. You will be missed.

(Yes, I did submit a ticket. I'll need to do another one now).

Jolette is back! Kaytis is still lost though.

Spoke too soon. Jolette is gone and Terese now with her. I am down to one cleric and a couple mules.
    Last edited by Katie_Seaglen; 08-03-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

Same issue coming out of a quest into the catacombs. Now it is not letting me log in on my character.

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Yes, lots of us

Turbine just gave a world broadcast and are aware of login issues, but I don't think they realize it applies to quests and just changing instances.

How I unstuck my characters,

I logged into the account.

Logged into a DIFFERENT character.

Did nothing but run around that INSTANCE.

Successfully logged out of the second character.

Made sure all my DDO stuff was clear via taskmanager.

Logged back in on the stuck character. Waited a little bit. VIOLA!! I was free again.

Only to be stuck when I entered the market or if I changed instances in the market.

I gave up.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

My characters are getting stuck now with this same bug. I hope they get it foxed soon. I would like to get some game-time in while the kids are asleep.

If I could get past "Initializing, I would try that...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Same thing on Khyber tried to enter Fall of Truth and stuck in loading screen and game shut down. Now can't log onto that toon says loading character data but bar doesn't move. Game eventually shuts down and window opens up saying the connection to the server has been lost. I can log into other toons just not this one.

Community Member

Turbine, ingame ingame, told known issue working on it.

Anyone point me to the thread where someone has answered and acknoledged this issue, little ticked earlier when kept crashing entering zones, but now that am stuck not being able to log into them, afraid to move any of the others in fear they will be stuck out in the nether also.

Now when tryed it said DX issue? not changed since forever??
    Last edited by Xendor; 08-03-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Community Member

This is the reply I got, dunno why they direct me to LOTRO.com

Thank you for your help request. We are aware of a service issue related to what you have reported, and are working to have the issue resolved as soon as possible. Official updates and additional information will be made available on LOTRO.com if necessary.*****This issue has been resolved by engineering****

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xugx_quetoxi View Post
    This is the reply I got, dunno why they direct me to LOTRO.com

Thank you for your help request. We are aware of a service issue related to what you have reported, and are working to have the issue resolved as soon as possible. Official updates and additional information will be made available on LOTRO.com if necessary.*****This issue has been resolved by engineering****
    They claimed it was fixed via Facebook too. But my toons that were stuck between zones still will not load. It does not appear to be fixed, unless by fixed, they mean at least it won't happen to anyone else.

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

they let someone near the Server Power Switch and this happened.
    Back up account to "Buttkierownsmade"

I am Titan.

It might not mean as much to others as it does to me. I am of course a little unhappy that I cant work on more shards (time is running out) but trying to log in periodically all afternoon, it was a relief to find here that it is a known issue.

--Edit
    Some of my high end posts to the AH however will be more prone to end way under priced.
    Last edited by Mahiya; 08-04-2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: remembered a detail

Community Member

Just went into Tombs, Del. on last one could get into on and as leaving cant, disconnected....... just like the others.
    One by one gone... and fixed, full of it. This needs answered. Every ticket I do send gets closed with workin on it, its fixed...ah

Quote Originally Posted by Mahiya View Post
    It might not mean as much to others as it does to me. I am of course a little unhappy that I cant work on more shards (time is running out) but trying to log in periodically all afternoon, it was a relief to find here that it is a known issue.

--Edit
    Some of my high end posts to the AH however will be more prone to end way under priced.
    Well hopefully for people like you the event will be extended.........personally I can't wait for it to be over but to be fair.....I think it should be extended.

Community Member

I get "initializing" when trying to load DDO. It never gets past that message.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).